05/14 – Milwaukee, WI @ The . Pabst Theater
05/15 – Kansas City, MO @ Voodoo Lounge at Harrah’s
05/16 – Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
05/18 – Las Vegas @ Brooklyn Bowl
05/19 – Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
05/20 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
05/21 – Los Angeles, CA @ John Anson Ford Ampitheatre

Source: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/johnny-marr-announces-spring-tour/

Some cool venues, here. Thanks much, SuedeMoz!

Johnny Marr – 2019 Tour Dates
04/27 – Atlanta, GA @ Variety Playhouse
04/28 – Charlotte, NC @ Neighborhood Theatre
04/29 – Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theatre
05/01 – Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theater
05/03 – Providence, RI @ Fete Music Hall
05/04 – New Haven, CT @ College Street Music Hall
05/06 – Huntington, NY @ The Paramount
05/07 – South Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground Ballroom
05/08 – Portland, ME @ Aura
05/10 – London, ON @ London Music Hall
05/11 – Detroit, MI @ Saint Andrews Hall
05/13 – Chicago, IL @ The Vic Theatre
05/14 – Milwaukee, WI @ The . Pabst Theater
05/15 – Kansas City, MO @ Voodoo Lounge at Harrah’s
05/16 – Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
05/18 – Las Vegas @ Brooklyn Bowl
05/19 – Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
05/20 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
05/21 – Los Angeles, CA @ John Anson Ford Ampitheatre

Source: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/johnny-marr-announces-spring-tour/

He looks fabulous, even in the strong sunlight!! I'm going to at least 2 of these shows, thanks for posting!

So Morrissey announces a tour of Canada and I get a Johnny Marr show instead. :cryingcat::cryingcat::cryingcat: Story of my life.:poutingcat:

WTF!!
some of the tiniest venues in the USA!!!!:lbf:

:poutingcat:CATASTROPHE!!!

Reckon The Oregon Son only playing one date in his hometown Portland and 3 dates in So-Cal during The California Son's birthday week where Moz Angeles is going to be Moz crazy. I reckon a game of one on one to 21 at The Forum sponsored by Nike and Trejos and Los Panchos...(Oregon Son and California Son's favorite taco shops respectively) I really want to see The California Son dunk on that overrated Oregon Son tossey wanky mate inn nnn nnn nnnn nnn n nn n din't n n n it.

Steve Basket.jpg

Wish it was just a bit closer to Maryland say with a dc date. Even pa would be fine but I don’t wanna drive to jersey

Happy to share and I hope to catch him on this tour. I've seen him live when he toured with The The and only caught the last 10 mins of his opening set for New Order in 2013.

Happy to share and I hope to catch him on this tour. I've seen him live when he toured with The The and only caught the last 10 mins of his opening set for New Order in 2013.

Was planning a couple of trips to the States so going to to try and schedule one around the Denver gig. Was that the New Order gig at Jodrell Bank? They are playing there again this year.

Was planning a couple of trips to the States so going to to try and schedule one around the Denver gig. Was that the New Order gig at Jodrell Bank? They are playing there again this year.

It was at the Santa Barbara Bowl (great venue - only holds about 5,000 but gets a decent amount of bigger artists before or after their LA shows).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/johnny-marr/2013/santa-barbara-bowl-santa-barbara-ca-3d83df7.html

After closing with HSIN, I overheard some people next to me saying something like, "how is he allowed to do that?" Meaning how is he allowed to play Smiths songs? I said... "you know that's 50% his song, right?!?!" They seemed honestly perplexed.

Last edited:
After closing with HSIN, I overheard some people next to me saying something like, "how is he allowed to do that?" Meaning how is allowed to play Smiths songs? I said... "you know that's 50% his song, right?!?!" They seemed honestly perplexed.

That reminds me of a story that Ray Davies used to tell. After Van Halen covered 'You Really Got Me,' Davies said that people used to come up to him after gigs and thank him for playing 'the Van Halen song.'

After closing with HSIN, I overheard some people next to me saying something like, "how is he allowed to do that?" Meaning how is he allowed to play Smiths songs? I said... "you know that's 50% his song, right?!?!" They seemed honestly perplexed.

Actually, they were asking each other how is Marr allowed to ruin such great songs.

:lbf: :cool:

So Morrissey announces a tour of Canada and I get a Johnny Marr show instead. :cryingcat::cryingcat::cryingcat: Story of my life.:poutingcat:

Don’t be a melancholy baby, Morrissey
will be touring the US soon enough, and then we will all hear Smiths songs
played as they should be.

:thumb:

Brutal scenario.:coldsweat:

the tiny Cometry show will probably be sold out from the the broke unemployed UK trolls on the dole who will be attending.:rofl:

:rolleyes:

I take no sellouts so far.:straightface:
not even the tiny 'gothic theater' :eek:

News flash to twats. Johnny and his great band filled The Paramount in NY to freaking capacity on a Monday night this week. I was there. Go watch the videos posted on YouTube. Quite a performance by Johnny and crew.

He's sold out the Detroit venue for this weekend. I'm certain Chicongo (yes those are gun shots), Los Angeles, Anaheim and Denver will sell out. Toronto and Milwaukee big crowds as well.

The boys are making money on this leg of the Call the Comet US tour.

No one sporting Morrissey shirts was observed at the gig I attended.

Johnny Frucking Marr!

Reckon The Oregon Son only playing one date in his hometown Portland and 3 dates in So-Cal during The California Son's birthday week where Moz Angeles is going to be Moz crazy. I reckon a game of one on one to 21 at The Forum sponsored by Nike and Trejos and Los Panchos...(Oregon Son and California Son's favorite taco shops respectively) I really want to see The California Son dunk on that overrated Oregon Son tossey wanky mate inn nnn nnn nnnn nnn n nn n din't n n n it.

View attachment 47757

Geography note. The May 8 Marr show was in Portland, Maine NOT Portland, Oregon. Those cities are at least 2,500 miles apart.

Not much up there save for lobster and Moose committing acts against nature!

Anyway reports indicate that Marr spending lots of time back in Manchester these days. There's a
Manchester over here too but it's in New Hampshire. There's no escaping our British roots on this side of the Atlantic I suppose. Weather is similar most of the year as well.

News flash to twats. Johnny and his great band filled The Paramount in NY to freaking capacity on a Monday night this week. I was there. Go watch the videos posted on YouTube. Quite a performance by Johnny and crew.

He's sold out the Detroit venue for this weekend. I'm certain Chicongo (yes those are gun shots), Los Angeles, Anaheim and Denver will sell out. Toronto and Milwaukee big crowds as well.

The boys are making money on this leg of the Call the Comet US tour.

No one sporting Morrissey shirts was observed at the gig I attended.

Johnny Frucking Marr!

:lbf: :mock:

:laughing:

None of the shows have come close to selling out despite their tiny size.
they cant give away the tix.:rofl:

balcony in nyc was closed:bow:

what a catastrophe the charming man video:whip:

Back
Top Bottom