Johnny Marr Autographed 1987 Australian 12" Vinyl 'ASK'

massrecords

Hey, everyone.

Long time Smiths/Morrissey/Marr fan here. I recently had the good fortune of meeting Johnny on his US tour. We talked a while and I had him sign a couple albums for me.

I'm not a fan of selling off pieces of my collection (in fact this would be the first item I've sold), but I am in need of some money on the fly. I know the Australian 12" 'Ask' from 1987 is somewhat of a rarity, and I just saw one sell for about £400 on ebay that was in excellent condition.

I was wondering what you all think this might fetch, price-wise. The sleeve is in good+ condition, the record itself is pristine, and the front of the sleeve is hand signed by Johnny himself! I can provide photos that prove it's authentic. I'd put it up on ebay right now but I don't want to commit to selling it and end up getting a terrible price. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, from America

M.

What Australian 12" Ask did you see go for 400 pounds? The only one I know of recently is the 180 quid instance of one that had been signed by 3 of them, including Moz, strangely to a "Graeme" who, in retrospect, may have been a particular sound engineer / producer. Drat. =O

I think you mean the 7" that uglynewhouses sold for £469!!!

Show us the photos of the signed 12" Ask please. I can easily estimate the value of an authentic signed one for you.

Hey, everyone.

Long time Smiths/Morrissey/Marr fan here. I recently had the good fortune of meeting Johnny on his US tour. We talked a while and I had him sign a couple albums for me.

I'm not a fan of selling off pieces of my collection (in fact this would be the first item I've sold), but I am in need of some money on the fly. I know the Australian 12" 'Ask' from 1987 is somewhat of a rarity, and I just saw one sell for about £400 on ebay that was in excellent condition.

I was wondering what you all think this might fetch, price-wise. The sleeve is in good+ condition, the record itself is pristine, and the front of the sleeve is hand signed by Johnny himself! I can provide photos that prove it's authentic. I'd put it up on ebay right now but I don't want to commit to selling it and end up getting a terrible price. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, from America

M.

I always think the signature on a record has to be more valuable than the record, have Morrissey sign Years of Refusal, and you elevate a £20 piece of vinyl to £150 +. Put a £30 autograph on a £100- £150 vinyl and to record collectors who probably just really want as pristine a copy as they can get in there collection, is it worth any more, or worse have you depreciated it? Probably not in this case, but I don't think it makes it more valuable, there are 2 on ebay both in vg condition £129 and £150 the sig might make yours the first to sell if priced similarly, but I doubt it'll fetch more quickly.

I always think the signature on a record has to be more valuable than the record, have Morrissey sign Years of Refusal, and you elevate a £20 piece of vinyl to £150 +. Put a £30 autograph on a £100- £150 vinyl and to record collectors who probably just really want as pristine a copy as they can get in there collection, is it worth any more, or worse have you depreciated it? Probably not in this case, but I don't think it makes it more valuable, there are 2 on ebay both in vg condition £129 and £150 the sig might make yours the first to sell if priced similarly, but I doubt it'll fetch more quickly.

Agree on all points. Did anyone see the Morrissey 7" promos signed by Boz on eBay not so long ago, a hold onto your friends 7" with Boz sig went for sub £200, it was well below what unsigned copies would and have gone for. I remember seeing it and thinkin "ah what a shame it's been signed by Boz or else I would've had that"

Agree on all points. Did anyone see the Morrissey 7" promos signed by Boz on eBay not so long ago, a hold onto your friends 7" with Boz sig went for sub £200, it was well below what unsigned copies would and have gone for. I remember seeing it and thinkin "ah what a shame it's been signed by Boz or else I would've had that"

They're still there.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morrissey...527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4bfdeb7f

everyone thinks the same it's a shame.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tags
ask autographs johnny marr the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom