Johnny Marr / Instagram: "Back in the same spot 38 years later. Camden Electric Ballroom. 21st May 1983."

Not a usual post from Marr:

johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_2_2669312718760690924.jpg
johnnymarrgram_20210923_p_2669312727216302805_1_2669312718744042773.jpg

FWD.

With Dale and Craig? Who are you seeing tonight?
I’ve just counted eight.

Great to be in The Ritz again: last time over 20 years ago: Primal scream I think?

9211E52C-A26E-4C43-A0D4-48D3DB5B8D5D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz's career as a solo artist is brilliant and will continue but that does not prevent him from reuniting with Johnny to do a World Tour singing the songs of the two .Morrissey and Marr are The Smiths, this is the time guys talk and make it possible, it is not possible that being the two in such good condition (with intact talents) let others play their songs, Moz is in these times or never will be, then you will regret it, andJohnny also

I don't know the real reason why Moz was giving the cold shoulder - but I sometimes think it wouldn't take Johnny too long to work out a few 'clues', if he thought about it.

The sly, wink-nudge snarking he does (Nigel Farage on guitar, the 'I Told You I Was Right' tour fgs), over-praising other collaborators absurdly at Moz' expense, thanking Moz last when he wins awards, his son's stupid Instagram comments... it's not exactly stinging criticism but it's the kind of stuff that Morrissey notices and is wounded by (as shown in Autobio).

I think it would go a hell of a long way to healing things if JM apologised for some of the daft 'digs' he's made, stopped exalting his session work as though it was his true mission in life and visibly, LOUDLY shut down fans and critics who slam Morrissey for 'ruining' his legacy. I think M just wants to see that Johnny genuinely cares and has his back, and the 'estrangement' would be over - who knows, it worked for Alain!
Exactly! If Johnny would once, once, come out in defense of Moz it would mean the world and could change everything but he stubbornly refuses to do so.
A gentle tone of kindness for a start.

Johnny should forget about the politics and just reach out to Moz. It’s Now or never…
Well, let it be never when it comes to writing new songs together. The Smiths legacy is nearly perfect, why not leave it there? Morrissey and Marr are exceptional talents. At that time, they were full of ambition and had everything to prove. They had deep respect for each other, and accepted a lot from each other. So you had Morrissey providing words and vocal harmonies to daring song structures and almost Anyway guitar style, and Johnny happily accepting songs about the Moors murderers, domestic violanc, végalise, anti-royalty. So the chemistry between them worked its wonders. But almost everything I mentioned above is lost now and will never come back.

The only thing that deep down I would like to happen, is seeing them together on stage to do a Smiths song, that is see Johnny join Morrissey and his band onstage for one song ( as he does with so many other performer) or Morrissey join Johnny’s band onstage as a guest vocalist (but Morrissey has never done that).

Well, I had the same feeling about this song, but maybe I'm just mad. Did you know Hi Hello is the first line in Patty Smith's song Frederick? They first met at her concert... Anyway, I'm crying.
It's good that there is someone who thinks like me!! The lyrics of the songs are for interpretation by the reader. That's why I think Hi Hellow is a song that Johnny dedicates to Moz!!! In the video the behaviors of Johnny thoughtfully, running with his iconic guitar sitting in the final part next to his guitar and waiting for something... Also the melodies look like "there is a light.... mmm like us others may think the same.....

The only thing that deep down I would like to happen, is seeing them together on stage to do a Smiths song, that is see Johnny join Morrissey and his band onstage for one song ( as he does with so many other performer) or Morrissey join Johnny’s band onstage as a guest vocalist (but Morrissey has never done that).
Yes, that's the tragedy of it. The split was so extreme and thus far permanent that they never once joined the other onstage even for a song. Had some of that happened over the years then perhaps the idea of some kind of Morrissey/Marr reunion might be fathomable. As it is now I just don't see it.

This warmed my heart. A welcome change from his usual snarking. Come on Moz, take the bait. 😍
AHA!!!! Si come on Mozys!!!!?????Johnny feels like it.. let's go Moz !!! Come guys to flow FLUYAN!!!!!!!

Yes, that's the tragedy of it. The split was so extreme and thus far permanent that they never once joined the other onstage even for a song. Had some of that happened over the years then perhaps the idea of some kind of Morrissey/Marr reunion might be fathomable. As it is now I just don't see it.
Yeah, the lack of any sort of reconciliation between them in whatever form, is heartbreaking. After all the beauty they created together.

I have said that many times. Get together Morrisey.Mar, Andy... life.is short. Nuckleheads!

Taking a 5 minute break from an INSANE day to say that Johnny Marr should NOT sing and that Morrissey and Marr should DEFINITELY get back together for a limited run. People need this. We do.

If please we need a Moz-Johnny reunion!! With a world tour and you're good to go. I am not asking for the return of Smiths, recording albums as before I only wish the reunion of the geniuses and period

Bit of an exaggeration. They've met up several times over the years including once around 2009 when they seriously discussed reforming the band for a tour and a new album.

Exactly! If Johnny would once, once, come out in defense of Moz it would mean the world and could change everything but he stubbornly refuses to do so.
A gentle tone of kindness for a start.
Integrity trumps kindness.

I get it straight in the neck. Somehow expecting no less. There are more than enough Smiths fans, who don't post here and who like Marr's last solo record more than the eclectic bunch of songs, Morrissey tries to sell as his "best work ever". And I am not neccesarily talking about my own opinion. Mix both worlds and bear a child (of a 59 year old mother) nobody wants and nobody loves. Now does that sound mad?
But Morrissey has been far more experimental (within their range) than Marr has been over the years. There are far more ventures into new sounds in Morrissey's last three albums than Marr's last three, in my opinion anyway. Once I Saw The River Clean sounds far more expansive than Hi, Hello.
The worlds have already been mixed as far as I can see and he didn't need Marr's help at all. Marr doesn't need Morrissey either. They've both served their purpose for each other. Let's move on cause I have a feeling they have.

Bit of an exaggeration. They've met up several times over the years including once around 2009 when they seriously discussed reforming the band for a tour and a new album.
I'm aware of the 2009 meeting, I'm guessing they also meet up in relation to court cases... I'm referring to not appearing together onstage even once. No guest appearances, nothing.

I'm aware of the 2009 meeting, I'm guessing they also meet up in relation to court cases... I'm referring to not appearing together onstage even once. No guest appearances, nothing.
Yeah that's what I thought you meant all along. That court case was some mini reunion tour wasn't it? I got my merch to remember it fondly. Happy daze.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom