Johnny Marr interview roundup - Smiths and Morrissey mentions

Recent Johnny Marr media with Smiths / Morrissey mentions:

I'm sure if Johnny was being a daily twat Morrissey would be asked if he was bothered by his behaviour.

The Smiths were an incredibly political band hence why when one of them decides to join the far right team the other band members get asked how it sits with them.

Perhaps, but if they are rarely in contact what light could Marr possibly shed on it? We discuss Morrissey’s slide into right wing politics as if he had left very few clues along the trail, and yet...

... if that isn’t a manifesto what is? The difference is that in the near decade and a half since that was released politics in this country, and across much of the West, has been turned on its head and a song which many at the time might have considered a rumination on left of centre politics can easily be interpreted now as the polar opposite.

I find myself even nodding in agreement at the anti-monarchist sentiment these days. Once the Queen is dead (to coin a phrase) what could possibly fill that void? Charles? As a stop gap, perhaps, but that dopey grinning celeb wannabe William? Nah, I’m rather less than impressed with the way he conducts himself. Perhaps we should have a rethink. There’s certainly something rotten in the State of Denmark.

Back to the relationship between Morrissey and Marr, I’m sure Morrissey must have been asked about Marr’s post-Smiths work down the years, but for the vast majority of the time Marr’s name has only been raised in connection with a reunion.

I’ve criticised Morrissey many times here, and frankly, I don’t really like the persona he projects to the world, but it cannot surely be argued that what was once a partnership of equals has been maintained in their individual successes after the split. As I alluded to earlier the main reason Marr is continually asked by the media about Morrissey is because he doesn’t have all that much else to talk about.

Magnificent guitarist, of course, writer of some of the most glorious guitar music of the last decades of the twentieth century, unarguable, but ultimately run over by the same Morrissey career steamroller that did for Joyce and Rourke and Gannon and Whyte and a dozen others? Clearly, yes.

Neither does morrissey have anything to say, he has t had anything to say since 1995. His interviews a like taking to a 13 year old, he knows nothing about politics or world affairs and his every statement is designed to get headlines. Basically morrissey is just a boring fag
The only people who think he had anything to say are retarded types who think saying racist stuff is 'just being honest '
There’d be a modicum of courage in his declaration of sexuality and defence of those who’re marginalized as a result of same. That’s not what he’s about though. He’s certainly not required to declare his persuasion, or submit to the pigeon-holing result thereof. He’s free to keep his personal life private, just as all of us should be. ...but he shouldn’t be surprised when people call him a disingenuous, coat-tailing slag.

He continues to make a living off of queer, vegan and racial culture. His t-shirts and commentary continue to fill his coffers, while he continues to act like a wishy-washy c***.

Amount of money, support and respect that Morrissey has given to genuine, openly struggling human beings - who’s culture he’s ripped off for decades = ZERO.

Basic f***ing facts ^ - if you’ve got the cognitive function to get past your rube-esque anger, ignorance and need to belong. Your wilful blindness and double-down mentality are all you’ve got. Proper, bullshit tribalism, at its best.

Feel free to respond, when mommy lets you use her laptop again. ;)

Perhaps, but if they are rarely in contact what light could Marr possibly shed on it? We discuss Morrissey’s slide into right wing politics as if he had left very few clues along the trail, and yet...

... if that isn’t a manifesto what is? The difference is that in the near decade and a half since that was released politics in this country, and across much of the West, has been turned on its head and a song which many at the time might have considered a rumination on left of centre politics can easily be interpreted now as the polar opposite.

I find myself even nodding in agreement at the anti-monarchist sentiment these days. Once the Queen is dead (to coin a phrase) what could possibly fill that void? Charles? As a stop gap, perhaps, but that dopey grinning celeb wannabe William? Nah, I’m rather less than impressed with the way he conducts himself. Perhaps we should have a rethink. There’s certainly something rotten in the State of Denmark.

Back to the relationship between Morrissey and Marr, I’m sure Morrissey must have been asked about Marr’s post-Smiths work down the years, but for the vast majority of the time Marr’s name has only been raised in connection with a reunion.

I’ve criticised Morrissey many times here, and frankly, I don’t really like the persona he projects to the world, but it cannot surely be argued that what was once a partnership of equals has been maintained in their individual successes after the split. As I alluded to earlier the main reason Marr is continually asked by the media about Morrissey is because he doesn’t have all that much else to talk about.

Magnificent guitarist, of course, writer of some of the most glorious guitar music of the last decades of the twentieth century, unarguable, but ultimately run over by the same Morrissey career steamroller that did for Joyce and Rourke and Gannon and Whyte and a dozen others? Clearly, yes.

Funnily enough I'm the other way on the Monarchy. I used to think what a load of shit but the more I think about it the more likely we would be to be saddled with a complete twat like Blair as a replacement if they were done away with. Say what you like about the Royals but at least they don't harm our country and its people like half of our politicians strive to do on a daily basis. I'm not a Royalist by any stretch but given the most likely alternatives...

As for Marr, I'm sure he'd rather talk about pretty much any subject on Earth rather than Morrissey but Morrissey's antics mean it's inevitable that whenever he does an interview a question about Morrissey will be asked.

It's not really one could say the same about morrissey
I mean his music has never matched the smith's solo He hasnt been credible for years
Johnny remains credible. I'd say Johnny is winning these days He also has a love in his life. He isn't a dry bitter queen
I think it has, in some of his finer moments (but not for a long time). But you're right, Johnny has credibility. Which counts for a lot.

The only people who make these kinds of comments are thick people

Moz is now mainly liked by the completely stupid, the kind of people who seem to rate Robbie as an artistic force, when he is just a light entertainer.
But they don't care as he has loads of money and sells tickets When was that the judge of art?
A joke pop star.
Back in the day you would have got laughed out of town for comparing the two It's true robbie 44 now looks a little like moz in his 50s but only in a Stewart Lee way gray hair, round body
As people and pop stars they are also quite different but to the new moz crowd they can't tell the difference in art and radio jingles. Partly this is morrisseys fault he aims to please the thick these days His music isn't that much better than robbies any more more. But mostly it's the new crowd. They have no idea.

Morrissey now doesnt care about anything other than headlines . He is no more than a Katie Hopkins type .
I can understand people from the uk not getting it but if you are from the uk you would have to be thick as a brick shithouse not to see what morrissey is doing and why it's wrong.
Morrissey trolled the Manchester bombing twice what did he actually do ?NOTHING. They guy is past it

The music morrissey.hss been making is piss poor anyone apart from die hards and knuckle draggers can see it Shit, moz has already given up on thr cover art of his last shitty lp. He's already saying it's awful basically. You can see how bored he is at gigs Has been for years now Just passing the time. Has been for years
Now people will say 'morrissey sells out huge gigs, he's touring the world yes because hes a pop star, that's why
The thing is he was more than that at one point, which is why the music was great.
It's much better to be Johnny, happy, intelligent, making lps that are actually good. Shit Johnny even writes better words than marr now

You must be tune death not to hear the brilliance in Marrs lp and how washed out morrissey has been on his last 3

I think the people of the UK worked Morrissey out a very, very long time ago and largely moved on. When told Elvis was dead John Lennon replied that Elvis had died when he went into the Army. Morrissey died when he went to America.

His best work relates to England and the state of being English. His very best work narrowed it down further to a certain northern city. All the Moz Angeles bollocks might have been great for the bank balance and the ego, but with few exceptions; First Of The Gang To Die, America Is Not The World, the muse that enabled him to put his finger directly on a particular English foible or experience was replaced by something more generic, less..., well, Morrissey.

I would argue that if it wasn’t for Quarry and the abiding memory of those in the media who were as obsessed by the Smiths as many of us here he’d be the indie Gilbert O’Sullivan by now. Capable of writing good songs, while being incapable of getting anyone to give a toss. Somehow, to his great credit he still has a following.

He’s playing in my town shortly. I won’t be going.

Neither does morrissey have anything to say, he has t had anything to say since 1995. His interviews a like taking to a 13 year old, he knows nothing about politics or world affairs and his every statement is designed to get headlines. Basically morrissey is just a boring fag
The only people who think he had anything to say are retarded types who think saying racist stuff is 'just being honest '

He has enough to say to maintain a fan site which still attracts people who don’t like him very much.

All the people on this site who reckon they hate Morrissey are still very much in love with him.
Probably even more so than those who admit to loving him.

If this wasn't true, there is no way these people would be on this site. Not once, not twice, but every single day.

People need to start asking themselves questions.

All the people on this site who reckon they hate Morrissey are still very much in love with him.

If this wasn't true, there is no way these people would be on this site. Not once, not twice, but every single day.

“It’s complicated.”

They used ALL the contrast on that picture. JM looks like a goth OAP lady who likes taking painting classes at the senior center. Also why do I think that man's name is Martin Bashir? I never heard of Krishnan Guru-Murthy. Maybe he changed it so Michael Jackson's fans have to work harder to send him hate mail.
The cover is f***ing awful. I used to manage a pub that had live music from weds-sat and it really looks like some half-assed CD that one of the dinner music blues bands would sell for 5 bucks or best offer.

Thankfully it sounds much better.

He's fascinating when he's good, and he's fascinating when he's an utter shit-show. Same reason old ladies read
tabloids about the latest indiscretions by aging celebrities and cluck their tongues. BURT REYNOLDS CAUGHT IN SORDID AFFAIR WITH REST HOME NURSE! MORRISSEY SAYS SOME CRAZY THING! Same difference, he's just more interesting than the Kardashians.

People love a little scoop of schadenfreude. Always will. It's human nature.

Morrissey and Marr are so different from one another. Marr basically gets a free ride from the media because he has virtually nothing to say. Note the word say, as in commentary on life and all of it's tos and fros. Now if guitars could talk and I guess they do in a way then Marr's strings have scaled the heights of melody, rhythm and everything in between. Marr never offers up his views politically so he doesn't upset anyone. Therefore he's always A OK in everyone's book. Nothing wrong with that. I love Johnny Marr to death but his words and lyrics don't do shit for me.

Morrissey on the other hand is a poet and loves to offer up his opinion whether it upsets people or not. If you want to engage in meaningful discourse you must be willing to upset people and be upset yourself. It must be nice and comfortable sitting on the sidelines keeping the boat steady. I don't agree with everything Morrissey says and does but the fact Morrissey is willing to be on the frontline is admirable.

People will continue to make rabid excuses for a religion that is soaked with intolerance, bigotry, sexism and homophobia but thankfully there will always be others brave enough to challenge that toxic ideology. I'm not just referring to Morrissey. Ayan Hirsi Ali, Maajid Nawaz, Sam Harris, Douglas Murray, Christopher Hitchens(RIP), and the list hopefully goes on......

Religion poisons everything.
Would you be willing to sign a petition to outlaw religion? I mean this very seriously. The government wants to outlaw things that are harmful ( smoking, drugs etc ) so why not religion? It is the biggest killer of humans in history! ( or certainly in the name of religion ). So if we just made religion illegal, maybe all this hatred could pass and we become a civilised human society? A 100000 signatures would get it debated in parliament

IMPORTANT NEWS:

CALL THE COMET HAS NO1 PLACE IN SUCKO ALBUMS OF 2018 WITH A NO 1 PLACE ALSO IN THE SUBCATEGORY OF UNLISTENALBE SUCKO ALBUMS OF 2018.:swear

well DESERVED HONORS for the Dramatic ONE:frogface:

Would you be willing to sign a petition to outlaw religion? I mean this very seriously. The government wants to outlaw things that are harmful ( smoking, drugs etc ) so why not religion? It is the biggest killer of humans in history! ( or certainly in the name of religion ). So if we just made religion illegal, maybe all this hatred could pass and we become a civilised human society? A 100000 signatures would get it debated in parliament
Like it would ever happen. It would fanaticize every single religion to the nth degree. But, if we could put 2000+ year old superstition and folklore to rest I guaran-damn-tee we'd all be a lot happier.

Like it would ever happen. It would fanaticize every single religion to the nth degree. But, if we could put 2000+ year old superstition and folklore to rest I guaran-damn-tee we'd all be a lot happier.
So why not? Again I mean this wholeheartedly. Religion is evil. It subjugated people through fear and profited immensely from it. That is nothing more than an illegal cult! I will make it my life’s work to end it and if I can get some support from people on here then I will make a vast difference and help to me.

think religion is like a guide on how to live a good life,like the ten commandments saying thou shalt not kill,thou shalt not steal,really wish didn't have thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife coz next door is a cracker.hail hail.

So why not? Again I mean this wholeheartedly. Religion is evil. It subjugated people through fear and profited immensely from it. That is nothing more than an illegal cult! I will make it my life’s work to end it and if I can get some support from people on here then I will make a vast difference and help to me.

:crazy:
Wow you are going to dedicate your life to end the religion. NO SHIT:mad:
WILL YOU KNOCKING ON DOORS ASKING PEEPS NOT TO JOIN THE RELIGION!!

KNOCK KNOCK:swear:swear
WHO IS IT ANSWER ME?:swear
ITS THE NUT WHO WANTS TO OUTLAW RELIGION
WITH THE HELP OF THE NUTJOBS FROM THE SOLOW
FORUM.:swear:swear

I believe you are to insanity what Call the Comet is to music.:popcorn:LOL
Outlaw that creepy g23 religion, about the sperm mixing with the soul from out of space, while you
are at it.:love:

Sooner or later. With each generation, there are fewer who subscribe. But if you went on an anti-religious crusade, you'd be as boring as the zealots, and make them that much more secure in their faith. I mean, you can't even pray in schools, and there's a war on Christmas after all. Starbucks releases a winter cup, and they shit themselves with rage. Science is already replacing God by turning us into him/her as a species.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom