Johnny Marr live in Brazil - live link

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
May get 'guests'. Also may feature new songs Boys Get Straight, Candidate, What I Want.

http://tvfree2.me/multishow-ao-vivo-online

Currently playing Bigmouth. Very well.

P.

P.S If you're watching right now, there may be a guest in a couple of songs. May. Oh wait...he's veered off the setlist he's been playing. Still, great to watch.

Last edited:
Wow, would love to know what song he's playing now! Hope it's on his next album! So Smiths! :love:

Here we go...guest appearance...

Andy Rourke.

Johnny..."It's Andy Rourke.....from The Smiths"

P.

It's fecken Andy Rourke! Seriously, those two need to write an album together.

33tggnm.jpg

Rourke not playing "There's A Light"??

What a bloody shame! He could probably play it better than the session musician :(

Tell you summat. He has a seriously, seriously great band. They play the Smiths stuff absolutely spot on. TIALTNGO right now is perfect.

P.

It's times like these when you realise...Wait, Morrissey is still alive!

Nailed it!

Well I hope someone out there in Brazil uploads the whole performance. I loved it :D

I was NOT there... No emoticons needed... I'm sad. Come back next week, Johnny! It was amazing...

I wonder if Morrissey is actually thrilled Johnny Marr is singing his lyrics. It must be a strange feeling for him to know he does them and also has Andy Rourke to play bass on occasion.

I Fought The Law. Punk as f***.

P.

When I saw him in November I wasn't expecting him to play that it and it kicked some ass. He played the smiths songs beautifully as expected but this was just unexpected and the crowd got so into it.

Without wanting to put a negative slant on a good performance, and it is good, it's vacuous without Morrissey's vocals. Those lyrics are meant for Moz's voice and none other.

The meaning that brought those lyrics alive - Marr doesn't convey it - he sings it, yes, but there's no haunted/desperate vocal. I don't think I'd go and see Marr live, not if he's singing Smiths songs - it's simply not the same.

I'm confused as to what johnny Marr thinks he can achieve by basically *covering* Morrissey. That sounds harsh but that's what he's doing. By all means, the guitar parts and the melodies are as much his as anyone else's, but he can't touch Morrissey vocally and it's disappointing to see him try.

Back
Top Bottom