Johnny Marr's son Nile posts Instagram story with answer from user that criticizes Moz

• Thread starter nomiklausmalone
  • Start date
EXHGQxoUEAEZMI_

Saying that he played to 30 in a club last time he was in Spain is clearly incorrect!

The festival Morrissey was headlining also had Bauhaus, Blondie, Psychedelic Furs, Echo & the Bunnymen, Devo, etc. How many are going to be there just to see Morrissey? Who knows?

A quick search on you tube shows he played to several hundred at his solo shows in Madrid and Barcelona in 2018

And Johnny did some great work with THE THE, so he did ok in the first few years after The Smiths. But no comparison to Moz: Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, Quarry, Ringleader, etc and a ton of brilliant songs like Jack The Ripper, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, Nobody Loves Us. Moz's output has been exceptional and prolific, apart from some cold desert nights between record deals.
Yeah I agree. His two albums with The The were fantastic. Electronic were great. Marr's solo stuff since then amounts to a really good album of songs but he had to write four albums to get there.

Given they followed the sublime Technique with the pedestrian Republic, I imagine New Order themselves would’ve been reflecting on what could’ve been by 1994.

More recent New Order songs, such as Academic, seem to be created around the premise that Marr is actually now playing in the band.

It has got to happen soon. It seems a natural next step for both.

The remix version of Academic on Complete Music (remix version of Music Complete) is one of my favourite NO songs, when the sequencers kick in, its just fantastic.

Yeah I agree. His two albums with The The were fantastic. Electronic were great. Marr's solo stuff since then amounts to a really good album of songs but he had to write four albums to get there.
That disappointing third Electronic album seemed like an Oasis inspired misfire at the time. But it now seems like the template for his Healers/solo stuff—and an Oasis inspired misfire.

That disappointing third Electronic album seemed like an Oasis inspired misfire at the time. But it now seems like the template for his Healers/solo stuff—and an Oasis inspired misfire.
I actually liked the more aggressive guitars on Twisted Tenderness. Haze is a great track as an example. But I get it if you're not into that type of sound as in Oasis. His Healers stuff was quite good I think. I'll have to give it a listen to catch up with it but I remember Down On The Corner favourably.

I actually liked the more aggressive guitars on Twisted Tenderness. Haze is a great track as an example. But I get it if you're not into that type of sound as in Oasis. His Healers stuff was quite good I think. I'll have to give it a listen to catch up with it but I remember Down On The Corner favourably.
I’m listening to Prodigal Son now for the first time in God knows: the Marr-Morrissey needling has been going on for years.

The remix version of Academic on Complete Music (remix version of Music Complete) is one of my favourite NO songs, when the sequencers kick in, its just fantastic.

I’ve not heard that, I’ll search it out now. Thanks.

That was great; I’m now fantasising about Zimmer, Marr and New Order collaborating for a James Bond soundtrack.

Late at Night is my favourite off that one.

Those first two Electronic albums were pop perfection.
Disagree, for every good track there was a shockingly bad dance track that even Slimboy Fat would've rejected. Great singles but some of the album tracks were atrocious. I saw Electronic at The Barrowlands and to be fair it was a decent gig although if my memory is right A Certain Ratio supported and they were dreadful.

Disagree, for every good track there was a shockingly bad dance track that even Slimboy Fat would've rejected. Great singles but some of the album tracks were atrocious. I saw Electronic at The Barrowlands and to be fair it was a decent gig although if my memory is right A Certain Ratio supported and they were dreadful.
ACR: a band for Manchester purists. I always quite enjoyed them, but definitely an acquired taste. Electronic must’ve only toured once?

Great remix album. Proper old school remixes like you'd get back in the 80's.

Electronic sucked huge?:basketball::basketball:s
should have been called Electronic Twats since both the ⭕ and
??‍♀️? are Boorish Twats.:)

Apart from Mike Joyce, the others have come and gone over the years. Los Angeles/Switzerland/everywhere for Morrissey, Portland for Johnny Marr and New York for Andy Rourke. Manchester will always be home to Morrissey and the Smiths though.
I wonder what the locals would say. I was due to go back in July but I'd say that's unlikely unless lockdown completely relaxes. I would say Manc is the home of The Smiths, Joy Div, New Order, Oasis, and Stone Roses (and Happy Mondays). Less so Moz cos he often said bad things about Manc but rarely a nice thing, plus he hasn't lived there since forever, although his mum does of course.

ACR: a band for Manchester purists. I always quite enjoyed them, but definitely an acquired taste. Electronic must’ve only toured once?
I'm not sure about their tour history but Barrowlands was local for me and I had never seen The Smiths so it was first time seeing Johnny live, great atmosphere & decent gig.

Hehehe...when there were briefly Morrissey posters around Manchester, they were quickly given Hitler moustaches, so that's certainly a common opinion...I've seen one or two still survive.

Hehehe...when there were briefly Morrissey posters around Manchester, they were quickly given Hitler moustaches, so that's certainly a common opinion...I've seen one or two still survive.

Morrissey would not be what he is without Marr
Marr would not be what he is without Morrissey

Poor show from Nile imho - he wouldn't have his platform now if it weren't for The smiths

There is no debate on this

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom