Josh Klinghoffer(Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist) covers "Jack The Ripper"

such a great song, would be great no matter who sings it. but is best obviously when it's morrissey.

The version I just heard on youtube has just him singing and playing . No one else. He only sings the fist verse . May-be this is how his concerts roll . Not a bad rendition . I'm glad he knows the song and is a Moz fan.

Nice. I remember when he covered that joke. This is better imo

Good rendition.

I remember first hearing this song when Morrissey played it live at the Hollywood Bowl in 1992, so powerful and expressive. I will resist the urge to make comparisons to now...

I saw Josh do a rendition of That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore about 15 years ago or so when he was playing in the Bicycle Thief. I know someone who knows him very well and has told me that Josh is a huge Smiths/Morrissey fan.

The only thing missing was Anthony Kiedis coming in with one of his famous "Shabba dabba dooby California" rap breakdowns at the end. To think, it could have been elevated so much higher...

The only thing missing was Anthony Kiedis coming in with one of his famous "Shabba dabba dooby California" rap breakdowns at the end. To think, it could have been elevated so much higher...

Or he could have with all of the harmonies from songs like other side. Band with a lot of styles

And not one that is enjoyable to me.

That's fine. I'm not trying to be mean or rude or anything just disagree though I'm not a giant fan of the band. I think I own two albums one which I think is solid the whole way through. They're very talented musicians though. It just kinda bugs me when things get boiled down to caricatures that aren't the complete picture. Like when people describe morrisseys music as sad guy rock from a mopey fem crying in a corner because Oscar wildes been dead for years etc. the chili peppers have more depth to them, especially musically, than funky guy scat rap. When John was in the band, sorry to post in the thread about the guy who replaced him, it could get pretty awesome. That guitar lone from snow is pretty sick and the way he slid his voice plus the harmonies from other side was kinda neat

That's fine. I'm not trying to be mean or rude or anything just disagree though I'm not a giant fan of the band. I think I own two albums one which I think is solid the whole way through. They're very talented musicians though. It just kinda bugs me when things get boiled down to caricatures that aren't the complete picture. Like when people describe morrisseys music as sad guy rock from a mopey fem crying in a corner because Oscar wildes been dead for years etc. the chili peppers have more depth to them, especially musically, than funky guy scat rap. When John was in the band, sorry to post in the thread about the guy who replaced him, it could get pretty awesome. That guitar lone from snow is pretty sick and the way he slid his voice plus the harmonies from other side was kinda neat
I get that they have their place and some people enjoy them. I just can't stand Keidis' voice, or face.

I get that they have their place and some people enjoy them. I just can't stand Keidis' voice, or face.

That's cool. I feel the same way about the banshees which isn't to popular an opinion around these parts

That's cool. I feel the same way about the banshees which isn't to popular an opinion around these parts

That's okay if you filter out those who only say they like the Banshees because it is very cool to say so, as they seem to think.

The real music lovers do understand you.
Cause they know it is all about taste. Individual taste.
No Bansheesfan that like the Smiths and Moz would ever hold it against you. Only wannabe ones.
Cheers

That's really not bad at all but I was a bit disappointed he didn't attempt the middle-eight/guitar solo ...

Not bad. Respectful version.

The audience seem pretty into it -- moreso as it goes on. Do Chili Pepper fans really know this b-side? I know Flea has always been a Smiths maniac and maybe passed on some of that to RHCP fans, but it's still impressive.

It's a great cover, and I thought I wouldn't like it before listening. Damn prejudices.

I haven't liked this guy since the 8th grade when he would sit in the back and fart on purpose in Geometry class. John Frusciante is a much better guitarist.

If Craig Gannon won't replace Jessey "mini sausage fingers" Tobwhyyes, then I hope John Frusciante will...dreams

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom