Kasabian

The premiere of Kasabian`s new single "Empire" is on channel 4 tonight at 11.40 ( UK viewers).

The album which I think is the same title should be out on September 4th and if it is anything like their debut then it should be good although second albums are notoriously difficult of course.

Keane`s recent effort, in my view, is a good example of that and I just hope the same thing doesnt happen to Kasabian.

Roll on the 4th then and October 30th too when The Cure is out...Good times ahead it seems. (Hopefully).

Update.......I needn`t have worried,the video is excellent and the song too.

The setting is a battle during what I think is the Crimean time period or thereabouts and the lead character/lead singer, who is a soldier, gets killed by firing squad at the end for what looks like protesting at the futility of the war.

The bit "STOP,it`s happening again" which occurs frequently through the track is great and my take on it is that it means a another Empire is beginning although it`s not a British one this time....Just as bad though,if indeed not worse!

The video is now playing on Kasabians site if anyone wants to see it and also the album is released August 28th and not Sept 4th as I said earlier.

Last edited:
The new single's pretty good. I loved the first album, hope they keep it up.

I hope they die in a bus crash alongside with keane...or at least they don't release more albums, I'm being too despotic?

Not at all, Perv. Their sound is similar to that of a dog whose been kicked too many times in the throat on Es.

saying you want them to die in a bus cash is wrong, it would be better if they were kidnapped by some terrorists and executed.

When does the new record come out? I didn't like the old one, but I like Empire.

If it is already out in the UK, I'd love to hear a copy of it. Might perhaps there be an audio stream for those who believe I might be stealing music?

For those interested,which judging by the few replies to this thread and mostly negative too,wont be many,Kasabian have just announced a 12 date tour in December this year.

The dates are as follows:-

5th Dec Leicester
6th Dec Leicester
7th Dec Glasgow
8th Dec Newcastle
10th Dec Sheffield
11th Dec Manchester
12th Dec Cardiff
14th Dec Birmingham
15th Dec Nottingham
16th Dec Brighton
18th Dec Bournemouth
19th Dec London Earls Court

For more info about the tour see Kasabian`s site

Tickets went on sale this morning and I`ve just bought mine for Bournemouth.

Last edited:
Cheers - I'll be seeing them at Lestoh!

Yeah, I don't particularly like them much but I got an e-mail from Ticketmaster saying they were touring and I thought it might be good to see 'em.

If you follow the link below then you can hear the album Empire in its entirety quite legally on Kasabian`s own myspace.

Being rather old fashioned I dont normally hear songs except the single before I buy the album but on this occasion I just couldnt resist it. I have limited myself to only one listen though.

For anyone interested see what you think.I thought it sounded more guitar based and less synth than the debut but even on one listen I started getting into it before the end and will definitely be buying the album.

http://www.myspace.com/Kasabian

Although I liked thier debut, Empire is poor imo

and Kasabian are better live than studio...

The release date of the album is September, 4th, isn't it?Does it mean that in Italy it will be released on the 1st of September, as usual?For a pure chance,I was re-listening to their first cd just in these days.Now I'm going to listen to the new songs...

would love to see them live but they are playing arenas!
also the fratellis are supporting which should be good.

i quite like the empire single. not as good as club foot, but then i never was a massive fan.

Back
Top Bottom