Katherine Pearce to play Anji Hardy in "Steven"

Katherine Pearce will play Anji Hardy in Steven. I hear her name constantly pop up in relation to this movie. Will she be significant in this movie?

39303_katherine_pearce.jpg

Katherine Pearce - IMDB (IMDB lists role as "Anji Hardie")

Last edited by a moderator:
No, and "Steven" is not significant anywhere except for in Mancfester desperately trying to hold on to anything regarding Morrissey while he is laying on the beach in front of his house in Malibu drinking Corona and getting a sun tan. Stop trying to make money off of Morrissey and why is there a pic of Tonya Harding?

You'll had to admit she looked really just like Anji Hardy.

I dunno. She died from leukaemia in 77. I don’t know if it's fair to portray her in a film nearly 40 years later just because she knew Moz. Seems a bit tasteless and crass to me. I have zero faith in this film being in any way informative or interesting.

I dunno. She died from leukaemia in 77. I don’t know if it's fair to portray her in a film nearly 40 years later just because she knew Moz. Seems a bit tasteless and crass to me. I have zero faith in this film being in any way informative or interesting.

But her sister was involved by providing information, so at least for her it seems okay.

straight to video.it is so hard for any smallish film to get distribution these days.

Anji's nightly telephone calls to Kings Road are marathon, and even the most vague generalities of her day are spiced with such absurd account that the two hours kneeling in an unheated hall, ears numb and jaw aching, are always worth the labor. "Oh, I went to the doctor today," begins Anji. "Y-e-e-s?" I say, impatient for Part Two. "He said I've got six weeks to live," she breezes, almost throwaway. I laugh because everything in Anji's delivery is funny - and she knows it. "Yeah - leukaemia, hang on ... there's someone at the door." Some weeks later Anji's life has met its deadline, liberating laughter leading her every step to the grave, never losing her edge for an instant, bearing sadness with dignity, and always explaining herself so well, at peace with death as she was with life, the black earth of Haslingden entombing seventeen years of best endeavor and generosity. I see her now - peeling potatoes in the sun and laughing her head off.
From Autobiography

But her sister was involved by providing information, so at least for her it seems okay.
I suppose that does shine a different light on things. I didn’t realise the family were ok with it. In that case I guess it's ok. Still very sad though. I mean that in the best possible way.

What he said^^

straight to video.it is so hard for any smallish film to get distribution these days.

I dont mind that much as I hate movie theaters. well it seems that if it was memorable enough to be written about in his autobiography then it should have a place in the movie. Obviously it made an impression on him as it should any young person and personally if it were my family id think it sweet to see them remembered in such a way

the film is dealing with that timeline so she should be included as long as her family have been notified.

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but was Anji Hardy the real "girlfriend in a coma"?

She had a boyfriend or as Moz put it in Autobiography "There is occasionally a strong and unsmiling teenager who often appears in the house (Anji's house), and I assume that his trousers are apt to come undone, for why else is he there?" :lbf:

Maybe he sang the song from that dude's POV.

She had a boyfriend or as Moz put it in Autobiography "There is occasionally a strong and unsmiling teenager who often appears in the house (Anji's house), and I assume that his trousers are apt to come undone, for why else is he there?" :lbf:

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom