Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion (Sep. 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Am Hated For Loving / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Life Is A Pigsty / Some Say I Got Devil / Hairdresser On Fire / Back On The Chain Gang // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist by FWD via setlist.fm

Last edited:
It was sweltering today in Kettering (above 90 degrees), and cooled off slightly by showtime. My wife and I brought a sealed water bottle each, but were required to pour out the water into a plastic cup provided by the Fraze Pavilion staff. They told us this is the first time they have had to do this, and it was because "the artist" required a no water bottle admission policy (maybe Moz didn't want a repeat of the Finsbury Park aerial bombardment?).

Funny incident: As I was walking to my seat, a Fraze Pavilion staff member (an older woman with a Spanish accent) asked me what kind of music Morrissey plays. I explained that his music is considered by many to be alternative rock, and that he was a member of the Smiths in the early to mid 1980s. After hearing this, she asked me if The Smiths were part of Aerosmith!

Interpol seemed to draw a number of fans; in fact, a couple seated in front of us left after hearing only two Morrissey songs. Moz was in fine form, but seemed to be melting from the heat. He told the audience he was "born during a snowstorm" (unlikely, since he was born in May) and was having difficulty with the heat. The stage seemed too narrow considering the seats off to the side--speaker 'piles' and scaffolding blocked parts of the big screen and views of some band members.

Rough estimate, Fraze Pavilion was about 75% full. Moz seemed to be in a good mood, joking with the audience in between songs (which included I Am Hated for Loving, Life is a Pigsty and Break Up the Family). There was only one song during the encore, which was Everyday is Like Sunday.

Break Up The Family (full):

Shorter, but closer:

Jack The Ripper:

Regards,
Dr. Ian Zomnia.

My first Morrissey concert and it blew me away. It was a sweltering day and everyone was bathed in sweat and perhaps a little
subdued by the heat. Morrissey joked that he was going to die by the end of it. It made everyday like Sunday at the end less of a rousing sing a long and more the sad beautiful resigned song that it is. Highlights were Life Is A Pigsty and the other rare songs. Geez, what a performer. The only rock singer that I felt compelled to actually listen to them sing.

My first Morrissey concert and it blew me away. It was a sweltering day and everyone was bathed in sweat and perhaps a little
subdued by the heat. Morrissey joked that he was going to die by the end of it. It made everyday like Sunday at the end less of a rousing sing a long and more the sad beautiful resigned song that it is. Highlights were Life Is A Pigsty and the other rare songs. Geez, what a performer. The only rock singer that I felt compelled to actually listen to them sing.
Wonderful review :)

first time hes wore a bruce lee tshirt onstage,got the same one in black,there will only ever be one little dragon.

Genius set list...JTR, BUTF - wow...makes me feel really proud of Moz, he sounds absolutely brilliant, & only wish I could have been there. Lucky & privileged ppl of Kettering; cherish these moments.

Some Say I Got Devil

The Bullfighter Dies

ThePolarExpress
Hairdresser on Fire - Kettering, OH - 9/11/19 (full)
interesting video second row in the middle of the crowd

Last edited:
This looks like a really good set. Great to see Morrissey and the boys still out there touring. I’ll be in San Diego!

Is the rumour true about the following lyric change?

"I am hated for loving... Britain First, Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage, right-wing political parties that slash taxes for the rich, Anne Marie Walters who reminds me of Thatcher"

you're welcome, moz, you're always welcome!

"ridiculous odds"?

You couldn’t give them away if you tried. That place holds 4300. 2500 on the lawns. Lawns are empty.

1700 close to full seats. Packed down-stage because the back rows were brought up to fill in the front.

...and ^this clown - whose never been to a show or bought a record by ANYONE in his life - is busting out the emojis before the Taco Bell dries in his face.

^This is the World of Morrissey. ;)
No love. It's your world.
Have a little think about that.

Well you certainly picked the right one. Thank you for your review.
Would love to have been there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom