Kevin Cummins tweets thoughts on Morrissey

“Banned”

Given the OP has the comprehension age of a 5 year old, is it worth pointing out that there haven't been any card carrying Nazis since 1945 and ask him what part he feels the Japanese played in WWII?

How many working class lads of that era holidayed in the USA? OK, so he lived in Manchester, born in Davyhulme. I don't think the geography changes the overall argument. It does highlight my old-aged foolishness. That was a terrible school boy error. Shocking really. I guess I just care less these days.

Many members of bands have claimed working class credentials only to be outed as per: The Beatles and Blur to name but two. Morrissey never was working class. He clings to this lie as he clings to his lie of a halcyon England. I specifically didn't mention any other members of The Smiths. I try not to embroil them in this mess.

A very sensible, balanced response - that highlighted my error. I agree with a good deal of your comments. It made for a good read

Never working class? Really? Just because his teenage yrs weren't spent in total poverty doesn't make him middle class. He was on the dole for years without a pot to piss in.

Just to clear things up about his mum being a 'librarian'. This isn't really the case. She got a part time in a local public library. This is not a middle class job. It is not really a calling either. Anyone can get a job in a public library in England. It requires few if any qualifications and the pay is near minimum wage. Moz even said she got the job simply because it was 'available.' It could easily have been a job in a supermarket.
No, she was a librarian. It isn't a highly-paid job in relative terms, but also nowhere near minimum wage.

No, she was a librarian. It isn't a highly-paid job in relative terms, but also nowhere near minimum wage.
My point is that working in a public library is very different to being a librarian in a private library such as the British Library or those in a university etc.

My point is that working in a public library is very different to being a librarian in a private library such as the British Library or those in a university etc.
Not much of a point. It's not lucrative to be a librarian anywhere. I know this because my partner was a librarian in the commercial sector when we were younger. She'd have earned more in the public sector. It's shit pay because it's seen as work for middle class women whose husbands earn the proper money. Unless you're actually in charge of the British Library. Which would obviously not make you working class.

Morrissey's mum would have probably been on slightly less than the national average wage. Assuming she never achieved any seniority. But, by all accounts, she is quite a smart woman and probably would have done.

Basically, he didn't grow up on the breadline.

Go on, take a step into the 1980s. "Lefty Loon" indicates that you must be in your late 60s? Well done you out-of-date grandad.

lefty loon is hipper than :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: wigs FFS you do a google search and you get a million hits:

warren.jpg

the female Skinny.:tiphat:

Not much of a point. It's not lucrative to be a librarian anywhere. I know this because my partner was a librarian in the commercial sector when we were younger. She'd have earned more in the public sector. It's shit pay because it's seen as work for middle class women whose husbands earn the proper money. Unless you're actually in charge of the British Library. Which would obviously not make you working class.

Morrissey's mum would have probably been on slightly less than the national average wage. Assuming she never achieved any seniority. But, by all accounts, she is quite a smart woman and probably would have done.

Basically, he didn't grow up on the breadline.
I can guarantee you that a local council public library in Manchester or London offers not much more than the minimum wage. I can also guarantee you that the 'librarians' that work in these council libraries know as much about books as my pet hamster.

But Morrissey's mum did indeed like reading.

I can guarantee you that a local council public library in Manchester or London offers not much more than the minimum wage. I can also guarantee you that the 'librarians' that work in these council libraries these days know as much about books as my pet hamster.

But Morrissey's mum did indeed like reading.

Librarians are a dying breed. They want to close a load in Essex due to cuts and hire "volunteers", due to limited goverment money.

If he hadnt met Moz, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: would have been a minimum wage librarian. One of the few jobs where you can wear a cheap wig.:rock:

For Britain policy writ large, although they might spare you the diversity.
As long as they spare the diversity, they're welcome. Because diversity is a con that only benefits the usual 1%. It's got nothing to do with altruism, it's all about money.

That's why it keeps getting promoted despite its obvious pitfalls. We're even morally policed with accusations of racism if we have any criticism.

The Dalai Lama was spot on when he said not only does immigration need to end but the migrants now need to go back to help their own countries.

Last edited:
A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7CA1yIG86b4JL.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX522_.png

an ideal gift for the lefty loons in your life.:lbf:

she will swear on a peace pipe IF she takes office.:lbf:

As long as they spare the diversity, they're welcome. Because diversity is a con that only benefits the usual 1%. It's got nothing to do with altruism, it's all about money.

That's why it keeps getting promoted despite its obvious pitfalls. We're even morally policed with accusations of racism if we have any criticism.

The Dalai Lama was spot on when he said not only does immigration need to end but the migrants now need to go back to help their own countries.

Your heroes include the Dalai Lama, Michael Jackson, and Hitler. That seems pretty diverse.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom