Poll Kickstarter : Bonfire Of Teenagers

Would you fund the release of Morrissey's next album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn’t someone mention a while back that some “super” fan (maybe a wee bit in the know) hinted at its release in a few months on said fans IG page ?

A poll to see if fans would fund the release of an album made by a multi millionaire?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

I must have funded about half a dozen albums through Pledgemusic, but in 2019 the firm went down with a crash. They had mishandled some of the money fans had sent which left some bands in a terrible position: Pledgemusic hadn't given them the money they were due, but they still owed the fans the albums and merchandise that were paid and ordered for. Among others my Ladytron album was stuck in a limbo for six months before the band realized that they would never get the money they were owed from Pledgemusic and ended up paying from their own pocket.

A poll to see if fans would fund the release of an album made by a multi millionaire?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum
its a poll on a fansite,do you take everything so seriously.

I absolutely am in love with all things Morrissey. I listen to him everyday and can count on one hand how many times that I haven’t in the last 2 years. That being said, he comes across greedy, especially in his biography. He can completely afford to release it himself (albeit hire someone to do that for him), and stands no more than to make a ton more money.

I feel that he is able to do something for his fan base and should, though obviously he has no obligation to. It shouldn’t be left to us to front the money for any album, when he has the complete means to do so. Especially since once he is done (of no one else has given thought towards this), he will obviously and painfully disappear, and no one will hear from the enigma, that we wait on bated breath just to catch a glimpse/word of, again.

That being said, if I were to throw money at it, the dude’s idea of the Kickstarter route, where you get certain levels of returns would be the way to go.

Moz has never liked cottage industry record production and has said so.

For him it's mainstream distribution or nothing.

That's why there was 7 year's gap between Maladjusted and Quarry.

No advance, no album.

Moz has never liked cottage industry record production and has said so.

For him it's mainstream distribution or nothing.

That's why there was 7 year's gap between Maladjusted and Quarry.

No advance, no album.
Was Quarry recorded before a deal was finalised like Bonfire? I just think it’s a shame to have a completed album that is indefinitely delayed or deferred.

I absolutely am in love with all things Morrissey. I listen to him everyday and can count on one hand how many times that I haven’t in the last 2 years. That being said, he comes across greedy, especially in his biography. He can completely afford to release it himself (albeit hire someone to do that for him), and stands no more than to make a ton more money.

I feel that he is able to do something for his fan base and should, though obviously he has no obligation to. It shouldn’t be left to us to front the money for any album, when he has the complete means to do so. Especially since once he is done (of no one else has given thought towards this), he will obviously and painfully disappear, and no one will hear from the enigma, that we wait on bated breath just to catch a glimpse/word of, again.

That being said, if I were to throw money at it, the dude’s idea of the Kickstarter route, where you get certain levels of returns would be the way to go.

Morrissey is a multimillionaire. Of course he can afford to release an album. But that isn't the way it works. Labels generate income and promotion. Why spend money if you're unsure if the market is there?

We, the fans, help solve that by backing the Kickstarter project.

Morrissey is a multimillionaire. Of course he can afford to release an album. But that isn't the way it works. Labels generate income and promotion. Why spend money if you're unsure if the market is there?

We, the fans, help solve that by backing the Kickstarter project.
Ok, thats it. I will release the album.

Trivia: Morrissey said as early as 1994 that he was a millionaire but would still hang around simple establishments like the Vauxhall Tavern. I assume that he financed most of the recordings in Los Angeles himself, but now they have to be put on the market somehow before the Morrissey/Whyte collaboration is more in focus than this record, which is supposed to be his best. Pledging has always been about handouts for artists who have long passed their zenith (Blow Monkeys, Cast).

Isn’t having to put it out this way admitting that he has destroyed his own career?

It's only the man's obsession with vinyl and physical media that stops him releasing the album himself. Maybe it's age, maybe it's vanity, I dunno. He could release the album tomorrow online by himself and the amount of fans he still has would make sure it made him money, without a record label middle man. He just seems afraid to step into the 21st century, to me, though his hesitancy may be more of a tactile-versus-digital thing. For all we know.

Back
Top Bottom