"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

The worse Morrissey video ever! It would be better to have him and the band just singing. The models look SO amateur and bad taste lingerie. Also, why no any male models? The video looks like trying to be very macho, what it surprises me, as Morrissey is always far from being sexist. Truly, truly disappointed!!

What an utterly ridiculous explanation of a video.
The song and lyrics are simple. The scantily clad females have kiss me a lot written all over them as the 'yearn' at the camera. What the hell has any of that to do with provoking thought and sexism. There is no aspect of the song that matches the 'clever subtext' that is apparently there - yet I suspect many, many don't see.
As for negativity and this site... Well there is nothing wrong with arguing for and against something. Unfortunately, the issue with this site was not with disagreeing with Moz. It was the dogged, relentless, repetitive and sometimes outside the realms of decency type comments that affect my enjoyment of coming here. Argument is fine. Just some people here take it to an unhealthy level. Not liking a video isn't quite on par with: I hope Moz dies of aids or he's abusing children.
Anyway, yes it's provoked discussion, but clever subtext there is not!
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
I'm not sure how this turd of a video could have anyone scrambling to buy tickets.

Morrissey loves a scandal. It's always been his way. This scandal is pretty weak, sure, but you have to admit it worked. Everybody is talking about the guy.
As for tickets, he knows he has a built in fan base by this point, and that through his past work he will always gain new fans.
I loathe the video. I literally laughed out loud and peeked through my fingers at points.

Am I buying tickets to see him on Friday when they go on sale? Of course I am. As are 3/4 of the people shrieking about this video.

Sam has made his first response on FB:

View attachment 34026

jesus, is this guy really that thick?? please sam, don't start showing off your superficial understanding of the long-standing objectification of woman, particularly as it relates to pop culture. for the love of moz, don't play the unenlightened hypocrisy card.

besides, that is hardly the only issue that makes this video shoddy slop.

Sam has made his first response on FB:

View attachment 34026

And now Sam and Morrissey get challenged ...

Anna Dorfman
The difference there, Robert, is that the unclothed parties on the Paris sleeve were all participatory members of the band playing on the record. Further, it was immediately seen as a send-up of gratuitous nudity; there was an absurdity and humorous aspect to it that took the photo to another level. What do these women have to do with Morrissey? Or the music? Or the song? Or anything else in the video? I have no objection to nudity, but this really comes across as women being used as nothing more than decoration that's totally incongruous with everything else happening in the video. I would love if Sam and Morrissey told us what their inclusion means to them.

I would love to see the 80s Morrissey commenting on this video.

Morrissey loves a scandal. It's always been his way. This scandal is pretty weak, sure, but you have to admit it worked. Everybody is talking about the guy.
As for tickets, he knows he has a built in fan base by this point, and that through his past work he will always gain new fans.
I loathe the video. I literally laughed out loud and peeked through my fingers at points.

Am I buying tickets to see him on Friday when they go on sale? Of course I am. As are 3/4 of the people shrieking about this video.

Are you suggesting he deliberately endorsed something so awful, something which has been almost universally panned, in order to get attention? Really?

Well done Sam.

Uncle Steven. you need a better song for Sam to work with. you're goin to ruin his lovely career.

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

By the way, for anyone wanting to put all the blame on Sam, and none on his Mozness, Sam just posted this on his facebook page:
"Actually, the whole video is Morrissey's concept."

So there.
Morrissey is a humasexual now. He likes chicks in lingerie. Deal with it. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Are you suggesting he deliberately endorsed something so awful, something which has been almost universally panned, in order to get attention? Really?

yes and yes!

I wonder if she complained when Moz and the band were objectified by posing naked with records covering their bits? Or Morrissey's bare arse was objectified in the Greatest Hits sleeve?
I'm guessing not.

there was humor behind both those examples. frankly, if sam had the deft touch to use the women in an ironic, humorous way, the reviews wouldn't be so damningly focused on objectification. they'd be focused on the poor production value instead -- and possibly that 'disjointed' (sorry, couldn't help myself) intro by mando and gus.

Is this Sam saying "Don't blame me"?

Ug51JDg.jpg

The whole concept may not have been Sam's but the execution of it was. And it's bad. As is the concept.

P.

That is exactly what I'm suggesting. He's on everybody's tongue.

Well we've had Pestana-gate and cheese-gate would anyone like to "gate" this one ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

What!
Sam Esty Rayner Photography Actually, the whole video is Morrissey's concept.
On his FB page
Dont blame this on morrissey
Morrissey is not that mentall
Morrisseys only faulty idea was to give you the job....

This is a difficult one for me because I'd like to say this is another example of his car crash career but this is
exactly the kind of video I like. Girls and knuckle dusters. I think it's the best thing your going to see this year
from Mozzer. My Mum even let me stay up late to watch it. Thanks Mum.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I think Sam knows what Uncle Steven really thinks of women better than you lot.

That is exactly what I'm suggesting. He's on everybody's tongue.

That's pure bonkers. If he produces something good, medium or utter shit you could say the same about any of them. You're using a fallacy to justify a steaming pile of horseplop.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom