"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Well we've had Pestana-gate and cheese-gate would anyone like to "gate" this one ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Titgate

- - - Updated - - -

I think Sam knows what Uncle Steven really thinks of women better than you lot.

Years and years has passed and now we know in this awful video :straightface:

- - - Updated - - -

Poor sammy
:nopity:

Where? I've only seen about five positive comments and they're all from men who are saying that ugly women are the only ones complaining about a video with hot women in it.

Yes, you are right. They are as bad as on YouTube. And there is one especially annoying guy who argues that the video is challenging and makes people talk and that it is fitting because the song, for him, is about passion and desire and he honestly thinks the video captures that. I can't see all that. There were many artists in history who challenged gender roles and sexuality and of course there was a lot of nudity but it wasn't tacky, it was artistic. What is provoking about the video when Moz can't even be in the same room as those women. And why must the women in question be perfect top models and not some normal women from the street. Apart from that Moz was always someone who could create the feeling of passion and desire quite beautifully without some nasty tricks and I think he still does that on stage and people feel that and therefore don't need a big show on stage. You would think that Sam knows that.

I would love to see the 80s Morrissey commenting on this video.

Everyone changes, and that's fine. But it really does seem sometimes as though Morrissey has turned into something that his younger self would loath and despise. It's like they are two different people.

Could you imagine, going back in time and showing this video to the Morrissey whilst he was in the Smiths? What would his reaction be, on seeing he would end up as a finger-snapping old crooner singing about how much he loves kissing, in a video featuring lingerie-clad babes? I'm fairly sure he would burst into tears to see how it would all end up.

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

Either this is morrissey shamefully trying to get back in the closet after years of refusal
"Sry for years of the dudes bro"
Or the more obvious answer, this what fully what sam wanted to see

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, for anyone wanting to put all the blame on Sam, and none on his Mozness, Sam just posted this on his facebook page:
"Actually, the whole video is Morrissey's concept."

So there.
Morrissey is a humasexual now. He likes chicks in lingerie. Deal with it. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

yes and yes!

Woa ....

That's pure bonkers. If he produces something good, medium or utter shit you could say the same about any of them. You're using a fallacy to justify a steaming pile of horseplop.

This seems far more calculated and blatant than past examples. I'm not a fan of the song, either. In fact, I laughed when I heard it for the first time as well.

I'm not here to argue the merits of the video. I think it's pure lazy shit.
I just feel that he's always been good at manipulating the media for maximum exposure, with varying results.

Everyone changes, and that's fine. But it really does seem sometimes as though Morrissey has turned into something that his younger self would loath and despise. It's like they are two different people.

Could you imagine, going back in time and showing this video to the Morrissey whilst he was in the Smiths? What would his reaction be, on seeing he would end up as a finger-snapping old crooner singing about how much he loves kissing, in a video featuring lingerie-clad babes? I'm fairly sure he would burst into tears to see how it would all end up.

Actually, I think he would have loved the thought about becoming a "finger-snapping old crooner". He always had a love for that, even then. And he said very early on that he always loved quite "boring, old, simple pop music". So, I think the lightness and sillyness of Kiss Me A Lot fits very well into that concept. But I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have appreciated the "lingerie-clad babes". :lbf:

What is the point of the suspected "calculation"?
It seems to me, that his priorities have changed as he got older.
The focus switched from leaving an intellectual and aesthetic legacy, to getting attention ( money?!) as cheap and easy as possible.
The Morrissey that carefully chose the fonts and photographs for his album covers has vanished a long time ago.
For me, this is sad to see.
Instead of bothering with Morrissey's new "focus", I have to rely on the power of his old material...

What does "you lot" mean? Do you Brits mean "U Lot", a restaurant chain in the deep south of the USA started by your immigrant ancestors that specializes in fried chicken. "I reckon" this is the case.

Weird "dated" video quality? check
Weird video frame rate? check
Girls in underwear? check
Catchy peppy brass? check

Always knew Morrissey loved Benny Hill.

Honestly? Even the "meat eaters are like paedophiles" headlines were better publicity than that.

Weird "dated" video quality? check
Weird video frame rate? check
Girls in underwear? check
Catchy peppy brass? check

Always knew Morrissey loved Benny Hill.

Well, apparently he was born to be on the Benny Hill show. Don't you remember? :brows:

Open shirt + hairy chest + medallion.

It's all a bit 1970's, isn't it?

I'm not sure why everyone is in such a fit over this video.

Sure it's not a great video but considering all the singles from World Peace that kept getting released with the same artwork and the the spoken word videos it's nice to see some effort for this release. Sure, the artwork could have used some words. Sure, some b-sides would have been nice.. but at least he's making some effort. And sure, this doesn't even merit an release to be honest.

I think there is also a certain irony that Morrissey has never shown any interest in the types of girls in the video and yet that's exactly who ended up in his video.

Don't like the video? Don't watch... but the presale password is secretly hidden in the video.. your loss.

Two things. First, maybe it's horrible on purpose, like a bizarre rickroll. Something says likely not given how it seems to be trying to be a video. Second, if you were Morrissey and you entrusted your video to your nephew and it came back as shit, what would you do? How would you tell your nephew, your sister's son, your beloved mom's grandchild that his video was shit? Not an easy thing to do. Moz picks his battles and often family wins.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom