"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

Re: MORRISSEY TROLLS HETEROSEXISM. WHO KNEW? *rollseyes*

What makes you infer that this 'girlfriend' was in a sexual relationship with him, other than gossip? Has he ever stated he was in a sexual relationship with the woman in this clip? When has he ever said he acknowledges he is actively bisexual ? When did he notify anyone he was 'with a man currently'? When did he confirm that 'I Can Have Both' was an autobiographical lyric? If he's 'with a man currently', why isn't that man dancing in his underwear in the video for KMAL? Who is this mysterious man who you claim is in a humasexual relationship with Morrissey?

You claim 'he likes both' but there's just as much evidence that he likes neither, that he's asexual rather than humasexual. None of this explains why he suddenly decided to objectify near-naked women and daub their bodies with lipstick slogans as part of his supposedly 'outsider' art. If it's 'not hard to figure out', why does Morrissey continue to do a dance of 7 veils about the supposed 'mystery' of his sexuality or the absence of sexual desire? He claims it's nobodies business then presents extraneous, intrusive images of sexualised females in his latest video. Presumably there's a reason he chose women rather than men, that reason being that he wishes to market himself as heterosexual, not bisexual, homosexual, asexual or humasexual. He is a millionaire middle-age man who has purchased female nudity to add glamour to his fading public image. It's a catastrophic failure of judgement. You seem to accept his claim that 'Kiss Me A Lot' has some connection with heterosexual lust. Either Morrissey wants to kiss these women "all over the place" or he wants them to kiss him "all over the place". I find either scenario as extremely unlikely unless he pays them as he has paid them to cavort in this video. I wonder if they even knew who he was before the video shoot. Or cared for one second after they were paid.

best
BB

Asexual?! His descriptions of his relationship with Jake were sexual. How could you make such a claim without even knowing?

No, definitely about blow jobs. 'Reel around the fountain' was 1980s slang in britain for fellatio, although i don't know what came first - the song or the slang - i wasn't around.

Yes, but it seems to be about blowjobs someone was forced to give.. at least in my interpretation of the song.. but I did not know that was a slang term for that. Now I'm kind of regretting that tattoo I got :/

Wasn't it the story of how when he shows up at your door at 2am with his glasses on you know he's upset?

I wish he would at least put his hand on damon's arm or something. The jig is up, Morrissey. We know, so let the poor man out of your shadow. It's been 8 years.

Who is 'Damon'? Why do people speculate that he is anything other than an employee of Morrissey's organisation? It seems unlikely that Morrissey would be so foolish as to present himself alongside scantily clad women in a song suggesting they are engaged in a mutual desire to heterosexually "kiss all over the place" whilst conducting a clandestine affair for 8 years with a male employee. That would be breathtaking hypocrisy, inviting exposure, outing and career suicide. I cannot believe Morrissey would be so brazen or foolishly open himself to blackmail. Nor can I accept that he is living a covert, double life as there is no evidence to support this. I think he has found it expedient to his career to present as sexually ambiguous to date, but in a world where gay marriage is now largely uncontroversial, there is no column inches or publicity to be gained from 'mysterious sexual ambiguity', so he's now abandoned all that stuff. His next video will feature him at Nascar with cheerleaders. And why not?!

Morrissey has released a video which has only one plausible interpretation, that he is sexually attracted to women and that his sexual interest is reciprocated by glamourous models in lingerie, or he fantasises that such reciprocity is possible/plausible, presumably because he is a middle-aged multi-millionaire. This is a fascinating disclosure given the iconography of queerness which has festooned his earlier works. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to disclose if he was currently sexually interested in scantily clad young men as well. The only logical conclusion from this presentation of gender and sexuality is that Morrissey wishes the public to infer he is heterosexual and that women report back to him that they find his behaviour credibly heterosexual. David Bowie made a similar lifestyle adjustment/marketing plan, although that was from a previous claim to be 'gay' rather than 'enigmatically ambiguous'. Morrissey is now marketing himself as a heterosexual-humasexual, not a homosexual-humasexual. He has explicitly denied homosexuality but has not denied heterosexuality, thus it's entirely logical to infer he wishes to be known and sold to the public as a heterosexual singer who wishes to exert his Privilege status to objectify women and daub lyrical slogans on their bodies with lipstick.

If Morrissey drops dead from cancer in the next few weeks, then his final statement to the world will be the video for 'Kiss Me A Lot'. Whether he intends it or not, his legacy would be that he wanted the world to infer that he was heterosexual in early 2014, no matter what he had presented as in the past. I see no reason to find fault with this new marketing strategy. It worked for Bowie who is now rehabilitated as a bona fide heterosexual, so if that's what Morrissey wants, then why would anyone object? Perhaps he will meet a beautiful wife like Iman.

Let's focus on homophobic preachers and politicians who fulminate against The Gay whilst indulging in the very acts they publicly claim to abhor. Morrissey has been very supportive of gender and sexual diversity, even if his support was perhaps an accidental by-product of his asexuality, which has now morphed into vibrant heterosexuality. I can only hope he finds happiness at long last in the buxom bosom of one or more of these scantily clad women. We all wish Morrissey a happy ending, just as he wishes nothing but happiness for us all.

best
BB

ps: I am sitting in the garden. It is early April in England and it is almost HOT! How wonderful it is to be alive and free from tyrannical wars and despots with the time and inclination to consider such First World Problems as the subtext of a music video!

Who is 'Damon'? Why do people speculate that he is anything other than an employee of Morrissey's organisation? It seems unlikely that Morrissey would be so foolish as to present himself alongside scantily clad women in a song suggesting they are engaged in a mutual desire to heterosexually "kiss all over the place" whilst conducting a clandestine affair for 8 years with a male employee. That would be breathtaking hypocrisy, inviting exposure, outing and career suicide. I cannot believe Morrissey would be so brazen or foolishly open himself to blackmail. Nor can I accept that he is living a covert, double life as there is no evidence to support this. I think he has found it expedient to his career to present as sexually ambiguous to date, but in a world where gay marriage is now largely uncontroversial, there is no column inches or publicity to be gained from 'mysterious sexual ambiguity', so he's now abandoned all that stuff. His next video will feature him at Nascar with cheerleaders. And why not?!

Morrissey has released a video which has only one plausible interpretation, that he is sexually attracted to women and that his sexual interest is reciprocated by glamourous models in lingerie, or he fantasises that such reciprocity is possible/plausible, presumably because he is a middle-aged multi-millionaire. This is a fascinating disclosure given the iconography of queerness which has festooned his earlier works. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to disclose if he was currently sexually interested in scantily clad young men as well. The only logical conclusion from this presentation of gender and sexuality is that Morrissey wishes the public to infer he is heterosexual and that women report back to him that they find his behaviour credibly heterosexual. David Bowie made a similar lifestyle adjustment/marketing plan, although that was from a previous claim to be 'gay' rather than 'enigmatically ambiguous'. Morrissey is now marketing himself as a heterosexual-humasexual, not a homosexual-humasexual. He has explicitly denied homosexuality but has not denied heterosexuality, thus it's entirely logical to infer he wishes to be known and sold to the public as a heterosexual singer who wishes to exert his Privilege status to objectify women and daub lyrical slogans on their bodies with lipstick.

If Morrissey drops dead from cancer in the next few weeks, then his final statement to the world will be the video for 'Kiss Me A Lot'. Whether he intends it or not, his legacy would be that he wanted the world to infer that he was heterosexual in early 2014, no matter what he had presented as in the past. I see no reason to find fault with this new marketing strategy. It worked for Bowie who is now rehabilitated as a bona fide heterosexual, so if that's what Morrissey wants, then why would anyone object? Perhaps he will meet a beautiful wife like Iman.

Let's focus on homophobic preachers and politicians who fulminate against The Gay whilst indulging in the very acts they publicly claim to abhor. Morrissey has been very supportive of gender and sexual diversity, even if his support was perhaps an accidental by-product of his asexuality, which has now morphed into vibrant heterosexuality. I can only hope he finds happiness at long last in the buxom bosom of one or more of these scantily clad women. We all wish Morrissey a happy ending, just as he wishes nothing but happiness for us all.

best
BB

ps: I am sitting in the garden. It is early April in England and it is almost HOT! How wonderful it is to be alive and free from tyrannical wars and despots with the time and inclination to consider such First World Problems as the subtext of a music video!

Didn't you just say he's asexual? Now he's sexually attracted to women?

Keep riding the damon denial train- it won't make then truth go away, however.

Lindsey Nicole needs to calm herself.

Why? She presents as a woman. Perhaps she has a feminist perspective on gratuitous female nudity in music videos by middle-age millionaire males? I assume that this is exactly the reaction Morrissey expected and hoped for when he decided to troll this debate a year after eveyone else got bored with 'Blurred Lines'. At least Canuck jock Thicke-as-pig-shit Robin made a plausible act of being the Alpha-Male bad-boy. Morrissey doesn't quite convince.

best
BB

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

Unless you can add some clarification, I think most people on this thread will not understand what point you are trying to make. How does welfare laws in America relate to a discussion of lingerie in pop music videos? I know that this is a very upsetting and demanding thread for you, but if you cannot add to the discussion, perhaps it's best to retreat to your Tarot threads. Have your Mexican gardeners given any further 'signs' about this video?

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

He's doing a bit of a 'Blurred Lines' isn't he?

View attachment 34033

Perhaps, but he doesn't really come across as a heterosexual Alpha Male. Nor did Robin Thicke. Both just look like losers. But Robin gets 3/10 whilst Morrissey gets Nul Pointes.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but it seems to be about blowjobs someone was forced to give.. at least in my interpretation of the song.. but I did not know that was a slang term for that. Now I'm kind of regretting that tattoo I got :/

Your on the wrong thread! This is a thread about Heterosexual Morrissey, not Sexual Ambiguous Morrissey. One should regret all tattoos. The very existence of tattoos.

best
BB

Last edited:
Why? She presents as a woman. Perhaps she has a feminist perspective on gratuitous female nudity in music videos by middle-age millionaire males? I assume that this is exactly the reaction Morrissey expected and hoped for when he decided to troll this debate a year after eveyone else got bored with 'Blurred Lines'. At least Canuck jock Thicke-as-pig-shit Robin made a plausible act of being the Alpha-Male bad-boy. Morrissey doesn't quite convince.

best
BB

I too have feminist perspective on everything, being the feminist killjoy that i am. It's a terrible video but i don't want Sam to get an STI then run over as a result of it.

Didn't you just say he's asexual? Now he's sexually attracted to women?

Keep riding the damon denial train- it won't make then truth go away, however.

I have absolutely no idea who this 'Damon' is, other than his status as some kind of employee in Morrissey's organisation. Unless there is self-disclosure by either/both Morrissey and this 'Damon' character, then I will assume this is just more internet gossip. Yes, I had always thought he was asexual and struggled to accept that fact, but this latest video has made me revise my opinion as he is now presenting as a fully-fledged member of the Male Heterosexual Privilege club and confidently exercising an assumed right to pay women to appear naked in his videos.

I cannot actually imagine Morrissey having sex with a woman because most of his asexual dissonance has been presented within a framework of images largely sourced from Gay-Queer Outsider Art. I'm sure I will adjust to his new persona in due course. Perhaps he will be adding Honky Tonk Women and Blurred Lines to his set list to bolster this newly found heterosexual narrative. I have never previously though of Morrissey as remotely heterosexual but as he now promotes and markets himself as such, why would I doubt the sincerity of his new publicity campaign? We can all change. Some people don't even realise they are gay until they are Morrissey's age so it's entirely plausible that he would only now realise he is not asexual but erotically attracted to scantily clad models. The only other interpretation is that Morrissey is deliberately foisting a fraudulent heterosexual narrative onto the public. But why on earth would anyone do that in 2015? He is heterosexual, the evidence is in this video.

best
BB

Damon is/has been his driver/hairdresser/PA for a long time now, and to infer anything other is completely pure speculation. Meaning boring!

Those girls in that video don't represent anyone but themselves, what they do is their business and nothing to do with other women. Feminazis please just give it a rest.

Unless you can add some clarification, I think most people on this thread will not understand what point you are trying to make. How does welfare laws in America relate to a discussion of lingerie in pop music videos? I know that this is a very upsetting and demanding thread for you, but if you cannot add to the discussion, perhaps it's best to retreat to your Tarot threads. Have your Mexican gardeners given any further 'signs' about this video?

best
BB

If the video wasn't a learn-by-doing project for Sam who used photographer techniques in a video format that didn't work when the files were sent to Final Cut, then it seems like an attempt to communicate something to someone, like Moz said to Sam "Let's do a shitty video to generate a discussion of sycophancy and nepotism in modern media and maybe get some free dirty press along the way." or something. Also the article referred to GOPers pulling a red herring to induce a welfare fraud and generate a discussion of nixing the program altogether. I think it's not a red herring but a bait and switch. I thought about that in my walk this morning. Walks and showers are good times to think about stuff. :p

Is it not possible that this ghastly farrago is in fact a heavy-handed attempt at irony?!

Over 400 comments later, this nutty thread is still going strong. Chill pill time…

The song is catchy, if throwaway, Morrissey. It deserves some airplay this summer.
Video is bad but will only be a slightly embarrassing blip in years to come. (Moz looks good in it, at least).

Over 400 comments later, this nutty thread is still going strong. Chill pill time…

The song is catchy, if throwaway, Morrissey. It deserves some airplay this summer.
Video is bad but will only be a slightly embarrassing blip in years to come. (Moz looks good in it, at least).

This download release is a wastsed opportunity.

In August 2014 BBC 6 Music picked this song as one of their playlists and gave a lot of airplay.
However, although they reported Alan Carr:Chatty Man appearance cancellation, they haven't play the song.

Those girls in that video don't represent anyone but themselves, what they do is their business and nothing to do with other women. Feminazis please just give it a rest.

Thats true, but society has showed us over and over that if we want anything else that to hop around in out underwear or to be a housewife, we get hounded for it and put tru utter hell.
I am shocked as a filmmaker at the blatant sexisim that they show female filmmakers. They can't accept that women what to make movies insted of starring in them. Beliving that every movie we would do will be a lackluster chick flick

We are just trying to lever out the playing field, women have been for a long time humans with limited freedom it getting frustrating

- - - Updated - - -

And morrissey could be straight, gay or bisexuel for all we know, whatever his past indicated
You can only know who a person is until you are them, until them its all speculation.

Damon is/has been his driver/hairdresser/PA for a long time now, and to infer anything other is completely pure speculation. Meaning boring!

The same things were said about Jake.

Yes! Totally normal for a man to be with his boss every day of the year including sharing a hotel room on vacation.

'Those girls' represent Morrissey's artistic vision to the world. The director has stated that this video is Morrissey's concept. 'Those girls' are hired hands/mammary glands and they are merely earning a fee for a few hours modelling. However, what they do when they consent to be props in Morrissey's fantasy is add to the tsunami of gratuitously sexualised images of young women with 'approved' cosmetic images and body shapes. There are no plus-size women, no women of Morrissey's age, no women of colour, no women post-masectomy, so we can assume that Morrissey's kissy-kissy fantasy landscape is inhabited by women such as those selected for the video.

Economic necessity may be the reason why these women agreed to appear in a fantasy music video for a multi-millionaire middle-aged male pop singer, but by taking part, they do indeed impact on other women, especially those women who do not meet the exacting criteria to model lingerie in this exacting fantasy landscape. These women act out a very obvious heterosexist fantasy that women exist for male entertainment and play roles in a narrative which easily fits into a masturbatory scenario involving either Heterosexual Male Privilege as Participant or Heterosexual Male Privilege as Spectator to Lesbian Sex. Or both.

The only fly in the ointment for Heterosexual Male Privilege is Morrissey waving his hands around to distract attention back to his pasty features. What is the difference between Hugh Heffner's playboy club and this video?

I have no idea why you regard criticism of this absurd video as being evidence of activity by 'Feminnazi' activists, though the choice of such a word is deeply revealing assuming you are aware of it's origin. I am a cis male and do not identify as a 'feminist' yet I find this video repellent and ridiculous. If I want to watch beautiful young women modeling lingerie whilst singing, then I will watch Taylor Swift selling lingerie for 'Victoria's Secret'. She is economically independent and is choosing to model such garments for profit and pleasure, not because some creepy middle age man is paying her to do so. And watching her sing 'Style' whilst her beautiful cast of women collaborators dance around her without an ugly middle-aged man invading the screen is a welcome recovery antidote to Morrissey's video.

I hope Taylor's commercial link to Victoria's Secret will expand to embrace the diversity of body shapes she featured at the end of the 'Shake It Up' video but that's a minor quibble at this stage. She is 24. If she was 57 and still only featuring beautiful young people then that would be as troubling as Madonna and Morrissey's latest videos. There is something creepy about middle-age multi-millionaires like Morrissey and Madonna buying young flesh to adorn their pop confections. You will note that I am not a sexist and apply exactly the same logic and standards to Morrissey and Madonna. Both Madonna and Morrissey wear designer fashionista garments that are more usually seen on people half their age. Whilst some may find this a radical gesture I think it's merely a boastful exhibition of their purchasing power and a rather desperate attempt to turn back the clock.

I trust this detailed reply is helpful to you and I'm grateful to you for helping to continue the fascinating debate on this thread.

best
BB

Last edited by a moderator:
This download release is a wastsed opportunity.

In August 2014 BBC 6 Music picked this song as one of their playlists and gave a lot of airplay.
However, although they reported Alan Carr:Chatty Man appearance cancellation, they haven't play the song.

To say the timing is all off on all the offshoots of KMAL is an understatement.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom