"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

The focus switched from leaving an intellectual and aesthetic legacy, to getting attention ( money?!) as cheap and easy as possible.
The Morrissey that carefully chose the fonts and photographs for his album covers has vanished a long time ago.

Actually he chose the fonts and photographs for Years Of Refusal and the associated singles carefully as well. I could give you several pages of notes which points you to the influences of those records but the style is obviously different to the early days. I think there is always a particular reason behind everything he does but this reason gets often lost in the process and in an often really bad execution (Hey Sam!). Otherwise ... Money? :crazy: The times he f***ed things up really bad are uncountable. If anything he lost a lot of money along the way. And I talk about the money he could have made but didn't. I'm sure he watches carefully over the money he already has (as everbody should, of course). I once talked to a person from the music biz about famous people and their business and as I mentioned Morrissey he had to stop himself laughing. Apparently he isn't considered to be the cleverest business man on the planet (quite the opposite actually). I remember a similar story around here where some business man compared Moz and Mick Jagger (I think). I can't remember ...

Sure, the video is pretty awful. Very poorly done. It's cheap, easy, with no wit (wouldn't be surprised though, if it's deliberate). And yes, it's miles away from how we feel comfortable perceiving Morrissey. But nearly 300 comments (on So-Low alone!) from hysterical people crying their eyes out? Morrissey makes a crap video and the whole world comes crumbling down.
f*** me. Only on So-Low. Only on the internet.

Sure, the video is pretty awful. Very poorly done. It's cheap, easy, with no wit (wouldn't be surprised though, if it's deliberate). And yes, it's miles away from how we feel comfortable perceiving Morrissey. But nearly 300 comments (on So-Low alone!) from hysterical people crying their eyes out? Morrissey makes a crap video and the whole world comes crumbling down.

Whos crying their eyes out

Two things. First, maybe it's horrible on purpose, like a bizarre rickroll. Something says likely not given how it seems to be trying to be a video. Second, if you were Morrissey and you entrusted your video to your nephew and it came back as shit, what would you do? How would you tell your nephew, your sister's son, your beloved mom's grandchild that his video was shit? Not an easy thing to do. Moz picks his battles and often family wins.

I think you're being very kind here. I don't believe a word of what you just typed is correct, but you're very kind and it takes strength to be gentle and kind.

Honestly this video is sort of making me hate the song, which is really sad because when I saw him perform it live a few weeks ago, I absolutely loved it and got a bit emotional. It's such a sorry mess. The only good thing is that Morrissey literally looks dreamy in that blazer type affair he's wearing.

I do not foresee a successful directorial career for Mr. Morrissey's nephew.

Two things. First, maybe it's horrible on purpose, like a bizarre rickroll. Something says likely not given how it seems to be trying to be a video. Second, if you were Morrissey and you entrusted your video to your nephew and it came back as shit, what would you do? How would you tell your nephew, your sister's son, your beloved mom's grandchild that his video was shit? Not an easy thing to do. Moz picks his battles and often family wins.
if it was a crap Vid then you could be right, and how beautiful does that make Morrissey? I would do the same! But, it is cool, all these commentators are possibly living in a terrace house in a cheap dull area, what the f would they know about anything slightly artistic? I think his nephew made it cool, in many respects and it will stand the test of time I think.

But I'm not crying Mr Samosa ! I'm pissin myself laughing he is great comedy in his late years, absolutely radio rental compared to how he used to be.
As Miss Kristeen said he controls everything so let's just sit back and enjoy the madness of being McMorrissey ride, the louder we scream the faster he'll go, so buckle up and hold tight I have a funny feeling there's gonna be a shitload more to come yet.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

Oh its all worth it then. Morrisseys next album will sell 300 copies, perhaps more if they use them as lounge music in Pestana hotel lobbies!

More elevator than lounge.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't hate me for posting this but I thought the blogspot would provide a bit light entertainment after a day full of "excitement" and since someone erlier suggested what their take on the video would be. Here it is (sorry again):

http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.de/

https://youtu.be/A2Ck_i9tJBs

7:33 Moz talking about music videos.

This is probably why Harevest didn't want to put out any videos for Moz becos this is what he had in mind..it's all very confusing sure but really who f***ing cares. The man is alive lets just be grateful for that

Would this maybe make more sense if it's seen as a parody of that Robin Thicke video? I'm asking because I haven't seen it, and looking for an explanation as to why he would attach his name to something which is so bad that one has to wonder whether the poor quality was deliberate? But then again wouldn't that exclude quite a few people from "getting" the joke? I don't live under a rock or anything( I even know the words to most Taylor Swift songs :guitar:) but I never saw the Thicke video, and I certainly didn't go out of my way to avoid it, just never had an interest. I'm going to take a wild guess and say most Morrissey fans are probably the same.

That's pure bonkers. If he produces something good, medium or utter shit you could say the same about any of them. You're using a fallacy to justify a steaming pile of horseplop.

i dont think this is the best publicity if he wants to sell tickets. upsetting his hardcore anti masculist fans.
and when the labels see the publicity writing on the wall, they will stay even further away. its a disaster in the making a veritable titanic.

This is probably why Harevest didn't want to put out any videos for Moz becos this is what he had in mind..it's all very confusing sure but really who f***ing cares. The man is alive lets just be grateful for that

To be fair to Morrissey, his videos have always been f***ing weird. November spawned a Monster anyone? And the one with the pugs! Throwing my arms around paris. I love that one. Maybe this one will grow on me.

The fans all said that MorrisseysWorld couldn't be Morrissey because, "he just wouldn't do that." The fans all said Morrissey wasn't on twitter because, "he just wouldn't do that." The fans all said that the Blue Rose Society was nothing to do with Morrissey because, "he just wouldn't do that."
If this video of KMAL didn't have the word 'official' on it, the fans would all be screaming, "Moz didn't sanction this, he just wouldn't do that."
How well do you KNOW your Mozziah? Er, not at all. None of us do.

The One trick pony

this is not a weirdly bad video, it simply awful. cheap and bad.

Relax people, it's clearly a tongue-in-cheek video. It's just a bit ...well ... confused, but who knows if Morrissey wanted it that way? He does love to wind people up.

It's like the Robert Palmer video for Addicted to Love - making a point about women being used as sex objects in music videos, rather than having something to say (although, as much as I love Morrissey and this song, Palmer and his director did it better).

In this case, the women are bearing the title of the song in several different languages, but the only language people will see is "sex". It also provides a contrast between the intelligence of someone who is multilingual and the implied stupidity of women who strip off for 'entertainment' (having said that, such a contrast is now beyond parody, given what Page 3 of The Scum did with the News in Briefs). And then there are the lyrics of the song; everywhere Morrissey mentions is associated with death, imprisonment, or chaste behaviour and then you've got the shocking image of scantily clad women as a direct contrast. There's also the connection between Morrissey having a gang symbol shaved into his eyebrow and the model wearing knuckle dusters, though this is a motif left hanging and therefore we're not really sure what that's about (other than Mozzer's fascination with gangs).

I'm not saying it's a great video, but it's certainly not Morrissey engaging in some throwaway sexism.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom