"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

I should have asked. They probably thought it was about running around the local town centre water feature, in a manly fashion, then having a bit of macho horseplay on the patio at a barbecue ... or something :lbf:

The lyric 'fifteen minutes with you, well, i wouldn't say no...' remains my absolute favourite response to guys asking me on dates.

I made the mistake of reading over 300 posts first, so now I am dreading watching this video. And yet I must; I'm scared; someone hold me!

lynnda

Can't wait To hear your spin on this one lynnda

Wait, what did they think Reel Around the Fountain was about?! I love that song, but it is blatently about blow jobs.

reel around the fountain about blow jobs!?!?!
this a joke huh?, i thought i was about the school system abusing Children with rules and punishment.
and as the bbc so stupidly thought about sexual abuse.

blow jobs? thats freckin far out
never mind just read songmenings

Last edited by a moderator:
this a joke huh?, i thought i was about the school system abusing Children with rules and punishment.

No, definitely about blow jobs. 'Reel around the fountain' was 1980s slang in britain for fellatio, although i don't know what came first - the song or the slang - i wasn't around.

Which reminds me, I'd really like to hear the sound Morrissey's veggie sausage makes when disappearing, if Damon can manage to record that at some point.

That would sell more than KMAL, I bet.

(You know, KMAL, the song everybody used to love? Before?)

To put some prospective on this there is no doubt whatsoever that professor Stephen Hawkings born and braised in the United Kingdumb could have done a far better job than Sammy what's his name.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

This reminds of of the Simpsons episode when Homer's successful brother gave Homer full creative freedom to invent a new car and he came up with this:

the-homer-inline4.jpg

lynnda, lynnda, lynnda, lynnda !

What's taking you so long ?

Re: Kiss me a lot - Official video

COME ON PEOPLE!!!! I have NEVER seen a good Morrissey or The Smiths video. Can you name one? It never was or will be about the videos. It's always been about the music and it will forever be.

Yes, but this takes it to a new low. First off, the song itself is nowhere near anything The Smiths ever did, this song makes Golden Lights look like a creative masterpiece. As many others have said, the video literally looks like it was filmed on an iPhone, an old iPhone at that! The editing is cheap and nonexistent, you can hardly call it a music video. You have lazy footage of the band playing, and even lazier, more forced footage of half naked, AWKWARD women. It's not the fact that the women are half naked or being "objectified" it's the fact that they're there and have no reason to be. They add nothing, it's shockingly out of place from the one-hand iPhone filmed footage of the band.

Don't even compare this trite trash to a video like The More You Ignore Me which was directed by someone with actual merit (Mark Romanek), or early Smiths videos. If you want a REAL "live" music video, look at the live video (or alternate video) for Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. These videos were simple, but they were elegant and well directed. Again, this video literally looks like it was filmed in one hand on an iPhone in one take, with forced footage of two women awkwardly trying to look sexy. They don't work with the video, let alone the SONG.

Symbolically 'n all, there's a lamb in that "blurred lines" video, but since it's Easter, it would appear that the semi-retired Pope of Mope has offered us a sacrificial lamb in the person of his nephew.

" Whoa. Far-fetched? Or Far out?" Pharrell asks (because he has trouble following anything that wears clothes.)

never mind just read songmenings

Wait til I tell you about a boy in the bush being worth two in the hand ...

The contradiction of a shy, celibate young man, singing about a vulgar subject and wrapping it in layers of innuendo, was what attracted me to Morrissey and The Smiths in the first place; it was like I'd found Oscar Wilde and the Carry On films in musical form. I still think that person exists, but, like many men of a certain age, he's become clumsier and much less subtle about his intentions, hence this video.

Still, like I said, the song stands up to scrutiny; the juxtaposition of passion in passionless places gives it much more depth than the average pop song and then there's the individual's take on kissing and how important it is to a relationship. Some people don't consider a kiss a big deal, whereas, to others, it means more than sex.

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

Relax people, it's clearly a tongue-in-cheek video. It's just a bit ...well ... confused, but who knows if Morrissey wanted it that way? He does love to wind people up.

It's like the Robert Palmer video for Addicted to Love - making a point about women being used as sex objects in music videos, rather than having something to say (although, as much as I love Morrissey and this song, Palmer and his director did it better).

In this case, the women are bearing the title of the song in several different languages, but the only language people will see is "sex". It also provides a contrast between the intelligence of someone who is multilingual and the implied stupidity of women who strip off for 'entertainment' (having said that, such a contrast is now beyond parody, given what Page 3 of The Scum did with the News in Briefs). And then there are the lyrics of the song; everywhere Morrissey mentions is associated with death, imprisonment, or chaste behaviour and then you've got the shocking image of scantily clad women as a direct contrast. There's also the connection between Morrissey having a gang symbol shaved into his eyebrow and the model wearing knuckle dusters, though this is a motif left hanging and therefore we're not really sure what that's about (other than Mozzer's fascination with gangs).
I'm not saying it's a great video, but it's certainly not Morrissey engaging in some throwaway sexism

Well that theory would would have worked, if you had not seen any of sams early work
Sam clearly has an obssesion of scantliy clad women or thinks of them as his trademark.
Its clear to me that he forced his style on morrisseys video, not doing it as an statement but because he likes it.
Plus since when is that morrissey sort of approch to protesting, cheap photography and chep models.
And finally the models were added on later, if this was morrissey idea why did they not just be with morrissey

My Theory is that some people do not what to admit that this is just bad, because i want to seen as they have an profund understandig of this video that we the common schlubs do not.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait til I tell you about a boy in the bush being worth two in the hand ...

The contradiction of a shy, celibate young man, singing about a vulgar subject and wrapping it in layers of innuendo, was what attracted me to Morrissey and The Smiths in the first place; it was like I'd found Oscar Wilde and the Carry On films in musical form. I still think that person exists, but, like many men of a certain age, he's become clumsier and much less subtle about his intentions, hence this video.

Still, like I said, the song stands up to scrutiny; the juxtaposition of passion in passionless places gives it much more depth than the average pop song and then there's the individual's take on kissing and how important it is to a relationship. Some people don't consider a kiss a big deal, whereas, to others, it means more than sex.

Hey im like that
I could survive on kisses and only kisses
Sex is heavy, sloppy and full of reluctant reveals

Never mind talking about the general election Charles let's be having your input on sam testy's croc of shite video

the scar has never been that prominent in any other video or picture.

that's because no one else has done such a shitty job shooting him.

sorry, but your entire take on the vid is wishful thinking. whatever they were going for, they failed.

Never mind talking about the general election Charles let's be having your input on sam testy's croc of shite video

Benny i wonder how you are in real life
are you bald, do you have kids, do you listen to the jam:rolleyes:

Relax people, it's clearly a tongue-in-cheek video. It's just a bit ...well ... confused, but who knows if Morrissey wanted it that way? He does love to wind people up.

It's like the Robert Palmer video for Addicted to Love - making a point about women being used as sex objects in music videos, rather than having something to say (although, as much as I love Morrissey and this song, Palmer and his director did it better).

In this case, the women are bearing the title of the song in several different languages, but the only language people will see is "sex". It also provides a contrast between the intelligence of someone who is multilingual and the implied stupidity of women who strip off for 'entertainment' (having said that, such a contrast is now beyond parody, given what Page 3 of The Scum did with the News in Briefs). And then there are the lyrics of the song; everywhere Morrissey mentions is associated with death, imprisonment, or chaste behaviour and then you've got the shocking image of scantily clad women as a direct contrast. There's also the connection between Morrissey having a gang symbol shaved into his eyebrow and the model wearing knuckle dusters, though this is a motif left hanging and therefore we're not really sure what that's about (other than Mozzer's fascination with gangs).

I'm not saying it's a great video, but it's certainly not Morrissey engaging in some throwaway sexism.
Robert Palmer wasn't making any point, and neither was Morrissey.

Sam clearly has an obssesion of scantliy clad women or thinks of them as his trademark.

Between the nephew that always thinks of them and the uncle that never thinks of them, I'm beginning to wonder if there's one normal man in the Morrissey family.

I only ask in the interest of Science...

Hey im like that
I could survive on kisses and only kisses
Sex is heavy, sloppy and full of reluctant reveals
Thats why i love this song

Innit. I often think that kissing is the only part of the sexual circus that I actually enjoy.

Robert Palmer wasn't making any point, and neither was Morrissey.

I agree

I have always wondered if morrissey wants a relationship thats romantic but no sexual.....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom