"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

Absolutely because this video and the ogling of David Beckham and body objectification does not exist in a vacuum and in order for us to properly critically examine both these scenarios we must take into account deeply ingrained, institutional ideology with long and violent histories of oppression and inequality. When women are properly acknowledged as truly equal to men and truly afforded the same rights and status the world over, we'll all be able to look at each other with our kit off, and say things like 'looking at david beckham in his pants is no different!' and i do long for that day (David Beckham is an astonishingly pleasant looking man). But until then, no. It's not the same.

In my world women are equal to men

This video is just, well, awful.

Isn't it?

It looks cheap and amateurish.

The horrific "babes" and their lingerie are the stuff of adolescent fantasy and the fact that an artist like Morrissey would use women in such a way is depressing. When one thinks of Kevin Rowland and his incredible "My Beauty" era image where he, successfully, played around with notions of sex, sexuality, gender and masculinity you can see that it is possible to use sex(y) to make a serious point...but in this case it's just trashy.

Very sad.

I'm Napoleon XIV and here's my new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

What, no semi-naked women to get enraged about!

My Secretary's a huge Morrissey fan but she's also working with mental health issues brought on by me. Sorry Sharon. If you're reading this, I still love you (but being the raging heterosexual that I am I love Karen as well) and hope you can return to your duties at some stage in the future because you actually make me look normal.

Your love life, eh.

Now, everybody get the f*** off this thread and show some respect for Morrissey.

Well said, BB!

This video is just, well, awful.

Isn't it?

It looks cheap and amateurish.

The horrific "babes" and their lingerie are the stuff of adolescent fantasy and the fact that an artist like Morrissey would use women in such a way is depressing. When one thinks of Kevin Rowland and his incredible "My Beauty" era image where he, successfully, played around with notions of sex, sexuality, gender and masculinity you can see that it is possible to use sex(y) to make a serious point...but in this case it's just trashy.

Very sad.

why would the babes be the stuff of adolescent fantasy when maxum or any other magazine available to all ages shows actually nude women. i think the idea that it appeals to young men for fantasy is an old fashioned notion of someone who did not grow up in the internet age.

why would the babes be the stuff of adolescent fantasy when maxum or any other magazine available to all ages shows actually nude women. i think the idea that it appeals to young men for fantasy is an old fashioned notion of someone who did not grow up in the internet age.

You think adolescent males, and females, do not fantasise about beautiful women in lingerie? Really? I think you might be a bit off the mark there. Also the notion of people buying magazines suggests it may be you who has not grown up in the internet age!

In what world do you live in, pray tell?

In the same world as everyone else. There are 4 women in my house, 3 of them kids but all treated equal to men, when I worked I employed both men and women and that were treated equally.

Still don't see the difference between men looking at these women and women ogling beckham in his briefs

In the same world as everyone else. There are 4 women in my house, 3 of them kids but all treated equal to men, when I worked I employed both men and women and that were treated equally.

Still don't see the difference between men looking at these women and women ogling beckham in his briefs

I'm delighted for you that you seem to live in a world in which you can claim the fact you've got four women in your house who you believe are treated equally to the male members of your household = gender inequality is over and done with. I really am. I wish i lived in such a world, because f*** me, life would be a lot easier. But alas. Trigger warning for some truly horrible stats coming up if you click on the link.

http://ukfeminista.org.uk/take-action/facts-and-statistics-on-gender-inequality/

So yeah, when all these things are no longer anything more than a distant blip in history, we can talk about David Beckham in his undies.

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

after this fiasco, i assume the next step in mozzers brilliant career will be go to go born again christian.
since those who attend his concerts can hardly be categorized as single red blooded hetero men, tickets for his upcoming usa tour will probably suffer.

- - - Updated - - -

http://youtu.be/wL1GU75BIqA

I agree. In fact women should be treated better, but I think the person who asked 'what world do you live in?' is asking because in 90% of countries women are treated like shit and are not even second class citizens. In the entertainment industry most women only get noticed when they take their clothes off, just like those two in the Morrissey video. I don't think they add anything to the video and would have preferred to see more Moz but it's not a great video anyway so I'm not that bothered.

You think adolescent males, and females, do not fantasise about beautiful women in lingerie? Really? I think you might be a bit off the mark there. Also the notion of people buying magazines suggests it may be you who has not grown up in the internet age!

no i dont think young men and women do. why would they look at that or bother to fantasize at all about women in lingerie at all when they could look at beautiful nude women any time they want. seriously why would they. it would be like looking at a women with a skirt above her knee and getting excited about the thought of it. maybe at one time that did excite people and they did fantasize about that but not anymore since its become so normalized and common. no one cares about that anymore and this situation is the same.you see more scantly clad women sunbathing in person at a park than in this video.

David obviously doesn't give a f***, you're wasting your time.

I've got the idiot on ignore which means I can only see a third of the posts on here. The quantity might have dropped significantly but the quality has soared.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Ouija Board video too, sure it's a bit naff but it's entertaining enough. I think the trouble with this video is it looks like it's the first time the lad has held a camera.

Cheers - Didn't know that was an option - I've done it now.

The final nail in the coffin of Morrissey's trolFAIL! for this video is that it didn't even make it past the Guardian's Tumblr Outrage-O- Meter. Here's how it works. Morrissey dangles the bait, then the Guardian see if their 'politically correct' readership reacts on their blog or Twitter. If it looks like it could ignite a click-bait/ad revenue shark feeding they promote it to the main page for lulz.

Nothing must piss Morrissey off more than to be ignored in this way. I assume that's why he's agonising over angora without a pause for breath or self-reflection.

"Morrissey wants you to kiss him a lot, in his new video

Directed by Sam Esty Rayner, the video flips between footage of Morrissey miming the words to song Kiss Me A Lot and two women, inexplicably in lingerie, pouting and posing. The women also have variations of the words “Kiss Me A Lot” written on their bodies in lipstick, so welcome to innovation in 2015 music videos, I guess.

Blog the 405 have already picked up on Morrissey fans’ confusion over the video’s lo-fi quality and its objectification of women’s bodies. An odd choice for sure, but Morrissey’s never been one to shy away from controversy, has he?"

http://guardianmusic.tumblr.com/post/115655523605/morrissey-wants-you-to-kiss-him-a-lot-in-his-new

Absolutely because this video and the ogling of David Beckham and body objectification does not exist in a vacuum and in order for us to properly critically examine both these scenarios we must take into account deeply ingrained, institutional ideology with long and violent histories of oppression and inequality. When women are properly acknowledged as truly equal to men and truly afforded the same rights and status the world over, we'll all be able to look at each other with our kit off, and say things like 'looking at david beckham in his pants is no different!' and i do long for that day (David Beckham is an astonishingly pleasant looking man). But until then, no. It's not the same.

^THIS

Now, let's focus on Angora. Morrissey isn't interested in trolling feminism today, he wants you all to get in a rage spiral about Chinese rabbit fur farmers becuz, y'know, they're a 'sub-species'.....Etc

best
BB

I agree. In fact women should be treated better, but I think the person who asked 'what world do you live in?' is asking because in 90% of countries women are treated like shit and are not even second class citizens. In the entertainment industry most women only get noticed when they take their clothes off, just like those two in the Morrissey video. I don't think they add anything to the video and would have preferred to see more Moz but it's not a great video anyway so I'm not that bothered.

I've had more female bosses than male ones and always worked with women who've never been anything less than equals so I'm with Surface. On the getting naked front, you have a choice, nobody has to do it. I think if you get your kit off for a magazine then you instantly devalue anything you've got to offer and women need to play by their own rules instead of falling into the trap. Money doesn't have morals, women have to set their own. If you're gonna get naked don't complain when people look.

There are proper battles to fight outside of personal choices like restrictions on job opportunities thanks to the possibility of pregnancy.

Well on the plus side next time i meet Morrissey i will know what to ask him
Morrissey, what tha hell is the meaning of this video

I'm delighted for you that you seem to live in a world in which you can claim the fact you've got four women in your house who you believe are treated equally to the male members of your household = gender inequality is over and done with. I really am. I wish i lived in such a world, because f*** me, life would be a lot easier. But alas. Trigger warning for some truly horrible stats coming up if you click on the link.

http://ukfeminista.org.uk/take-action/facts-and-statistics-on-gender-inequality/

So yeah, when all these things are no longer anything more than a distant blip in history, we can talk about David Beckham in his undies.

In my world and in my head I see women as equal, clearly you see all women as unequal or is it all men are bastards? So why is ok form women to ogle Beckham in his briefs but not men to toggle the women in this video

if sir elton had been the author of the kiss me a lot video, moz would already had condemned via a tty remark and his cult would be here tearing into poor elton, being anti feminist, boorish, not gay enough etc.

but since its a moz video, the mozzers make whoopee about it. suddenly women are the equals of men in this world outrageous

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom