Kitchens Of Distinction

D

DAVIE

Probably THE most underated band in the history of music.
Patrick is a lyrical genius
Julian is a musical genus

I hope they reform....I'd rather see them reform than The Smiths currently.
give their music a shot, they will surprise you and you'll be a fan for life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't suppose anyone knows where I could find any bootlegs of this band?

Saw them at my local venue The Citadel many years ago, memories are a tad vague to be honest !

Maybe you were pissed? :p

I'm hoping to see Patrick sometime this year! He may even be playing with KOD guitarist Julian! If they are reuniting for a gig...I'm there! :D

Sounds like pretty generic 'shoegaze' fare to me. Still, each to their own.

Patrick and Julian did shoegaze wayyy before it became famous. Along with my other favourite band The Cocteau Twins. Those two bands created the genre! And thus Slowdive and My Bloody Valentine were born!

what is shoegaze?:confused:

Shoegaze is a genre which became famous around 1989-1993...all those bands I mentioned in that post are partly in that genre.
It got a bit of stick because a lot of middle class bands were in the genre and there was the whole "shoegaze celebrating itself" label, which I think was a ploy to KILL shoegaze and force Britpop and Grunge to take over the Alternative Music Scene! It's a pain the arse because Britpop and Grunge became mainstream and in the charts, where shoegaze never got the chance apart from a few Slowdive singles on MTV!
The Cocteau Twins were doing it back in 1982 though. So they are the creators (in my opinion, others can think what they want)
Kitchens Of Distinction were doing just before it became popular also and thus never labelled as a Shoegaze band for some odd reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoegaze is a genre which became famous around 1989-1993...all those bands I mentioned in that post are partly in that genre.
It got a bit of stick because a lot of middle class bands were in the genre and there was the whole "shoegaze celebrating itself" label, which I think was a ploy to KILL shoegaze and force Britpop and Grunge to take over the Alternative Music Scene!
The Cocteau Twins were doing it back in 1982 though. So they are partly the creators (in my opinion, others can think what they want)
Kitchens Of Distinction were doing just before it became popular also and thus never labelled as a Shoegaze band for some odd reason.

Thanks,pal,I'll sleep tonight then

...I had (still have)the NME Anti-trident missile VHS ( Carry on Disarming) and the Kitchens track was one of the better ones on it...I used to lend it to mates to play, and most of them agreed that "Capsule" was a great track....BUT....we could never work out between us what or how the lyric " The 3rd time we opened the capsule..everything went"....ended...I remember having a heated (but fun )debate about whether it was Swishhhh or swooooshhhh or twitch..... in the Ford factory I worked inat the time.......just off to "Youtube" it...for old times sake...

...I had (still have)the NME Anti-trident missile VHS ( Carry on Disarming) and the Kitchens track was one of the better ones on it...I used to lend it to mates to play, and most of them agreed that "Capsule" was a great track....BUT....we could never work out between us what or how the lyric " The 3rd time we opened the capsule..everything went"....ended...I remember having a heated (but fun )debate about whether it was Swishhhh or swooooshhhh or twitch..... in the Ford factory I worked inat the time.......just off to "Youtube" it...for old times sake...

Cool! I didn't even know it existed until now!

Back
Top Bottom