Morrissey Central "Kung Flu" (April 16, 2020)

it's too long! but don't worry about reading it, it's just the usual #davesplainin'
Thanks for the rundown, I just dont have it in me anymore to drag myself thru endless paragraphs of #davesplaining. I've got better things to do, like watching paint dry.

Nonsense. I wasn't talking about ethics. Respecting animals and the environment is crucial for us to survive as a species. Ethics has nothing to do with it. It's about life or death. If you don't undersand it now you never will.

Ok... Then I probably don't agree.
Even if what we both think is probably the same, though the justification is quite different.

In the long run, the practical consequences would be exactly the same ones... So it's not too important.

There was a Spanish Flu, even when it didn't come out from Spain. There's nothing racist about calling it Chinese Flur. It's a fact that this started in China. Let's call things by the name. I hope this helps to bring Chinese restaurants down!
The Spanish flu started in China too.

I think you are confused... though a lot of people are. You are mixing ethical ideas with science, but getting confused about science. You are not the only one here, a half of the posters seem to have a similar confusion.

I certainly agree with the ethical ideas... but when they are justified by poorly understood science, the obvious fallacy of many will always be stating that IF the scientific ideas are wrong, then the ethical ideas are nonsensical too... which is not the case.

It's as if we were saying that (human) murder is wrong because it may spread diseases... which is hardly a good argument against murder.

Not true... the exploitation or lack of exploitation would not really make a change... Viruses are not ethical creatures (they are not even creatures actually). Animals can carry viruses which may be infectious for humans (or not), that's independent of how animals are treated.
The infamous dengue virus carried by mosquitoes is pandemic in Argentina, mostly in the north-east and the center of the country.... Whilst the Hantavirus carried by rodents is pandemic in the South... mosquitoes and rodents are not "exploited" and their lives would actually be identical if we all decided to go vegan.

False... the structure of the so called "wet markets" does not exist here, but small and somehow improvised markets where they sell the strangest animals as food are extremely typical in the North East and North West (of Argentina)... Yes, you can find markets where they sell snakes, capybaras, oysters, wild pigs, llamas... and only God knows what else. Specially true in the North East.

Not true again... Imagine that a virus is somehow like a key... a key that needs a keyhole. MOST animal viruses simply don't fit into the "keyholes" that we have in our cells. It's not that we became immune, we simply can't get infected.
i.e, one of my cats recently died because of a Coronavirus, it was during the quarantine (yes, not Covid-19... there are lots of animal coronaviruses). The specific coronavirus that killed my cat can't infect a human, nor it can infect a dog or a mice or a roach or a snake or an ant or an elephant... its key can't get into any of keyholes of those other animals. It was not a process of immunization, it is simply that the virus does not have the right key as to attack most animals, even if it's a huge problem when it arrives to a cat.

Which disease can we get if we eat a well cooked dog or cat? I don't know any disease that we can get if we do it.

So... is it a scientific concern or an ethical concern?
I have excellent reasons for NOT eating a dog or a cat, but none of them is scientific, but ethical.
(in the same way that I do not know any scientific reasons that makes it "wrong" to murder a human.... even if anyone who is not a psychopath does not need a scientific reasons, because it's an ethical problem).

I think it's a mistake to try to find scientific justifications for what is ethically right... because in the long run you may end up finding out that science has no evidence that eating a cat or a dog is "wrong" or "unhealthy"... and yet such thing is not something that justifies the action of doing it (because it's an ethical problem, not a medical one).

And sorry for going against your arguments, I think we both agree on the ethical side of it... we probably disagree on the medical side of the issue, but I don't think the medical side of the issue is even relevant (in the same way that we do not look for medical explanations about why murdering other persons can be unhealthy for us).
Oh my..oh OMG!!!! What a fool you are saying!!!!
First of all,you should look for the concepts of epidemic and pandemic, in my country Argentina there is no dengue pandemic,!!!! To explain it easily pandemic is a widespread epidemic in vast regions of the planet,for example if the dengue virus is doing what the coronavirus does then we would have a dengue pandemic in any case what exists in my country is an epidemic, imported from Asia and Africa, the first case was centuries ago in China!! Mosquitoes are the vectors , they tra smit the virus, and they are from those regions, but as with many diseases when the ecosystem is altered by humans hands ,the microorganisms and animals that all live, leave their habitat and are in the cities , be it with migrations or for other reasons such as manipulable wild animals , also dengue is much more serious problem in Brazil, Colombia ,Venezuela etc, even in the post war( world war 2) there where outbreaks , in Argentina there are no humid markets,they do not eat snakes or other exotics animals,what may exist is the illegal sale of those to import, or to people who like to have these animals ,but not to eat them.
Before publishing this false information you should go find a map and look at where Argentina is, many unknowingly confuse my country with others in Central and South America , and you have no idea what a pandemic means!!!!.
If you think you are teaching , responding to several people here, i tell you that you are just saying silly, get informed before writing!!!.The were many stupid!!!!??????????

Oh my..oh OMG!!!! What a fool you are saying!!!!
First of all,you should look for the concepts of epidemic and pandemic, in my country Argentina there is no dengue pandemic,!!!! To explain it easily pandemic is a widespread epidemic in vast regions of the planet,for example if the dengue virus is doing what the coronavirus does then we would have a dengue pandemic in any case what exists in my country is an epidemic, imported from Asia and Africa, the first case was centuries ago in China!! Mosquitoes are the vectors , they tra smit the virus, and they are from those regions, but as with many diseases when the ecosystem is altered by humans hands ,the microorganisms and animals that all live, leave their habitat and are in the cities , be it with migrations or for other reasons such as manipulable wild animals , also dengue is much more serious problem in Brazil, Colombia ,Venezuela etc, even in the post war( world war 2) there where outbreaks , in Argentina there are no humid markets,they do not eat snakes or other exotics animals,what may exist is the illegal sale of those to import, or to people who like to have these animals ,but not to eat them.
Before publishing this false information you should go find a map and look at where Argentina is, many unknowingly confuse my country with others in Central and South America , and you have no idea what a pandemic means!!!!.
If you think you are teaching , responding to several people here, i tell you that you are just saying silly, get informed before writing!!!.The were many stupid!!!!??????????

My Greek is OK... Epi = "upon", Demos = "people", Pan = "all".
I think I know where is Argentina in a map.
The infamous Dengue is considered pandemic in the American countries between the Tropical Belt and the areas that surround it.
I know two persons who are currently infected in Buenos Aires. Yes, it's worse in Brazil because of geographical issues.

There are wet markets in Argentina... Just visit Corrientes, Entre Ríos, Misiones and you will find markets in which you can buy snakes, capybaras and the strangest wild animals that exist in the region.

The same thing is true for the zone of Cuyo.

Of course, the Dengue itself is unrelated to those markets. The Hantavirus is unrelated to those markets too. The so called Chagas is also unrelated to them...

I don't get your point anyway.
I don't get what you are trying to explain.

VegAnarchy in Wuhan-Hubei

mutates into:

#VegAnarchyInTheUK

mutates into:
T15104_10.jpg

#VegAnarchyInTheUSA

Hey! President Xi! Get on your f***ing knees and blow me bitch...please...smfh...

More than HALF of Los Angeles workers are now unemployed just one month into coronavirus lockd...png

#WuhanVirus

#KungFlu

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-China!"

Trump is the ultimate, uber #Covidiot but that doesn't mean he doesn't 'get it':

FcUK China. Quarantine China. Help the Chinese people escape the tryanny of the Chinese Communist Party....#TianemenSquare redux...

Andy aka: BrummieBoy is not in the mood to pander to CCP apologists...bitch, please...

...Bourdain burns in hell. Take your wet market wet dreams and shove em up yer arse'n'all....CCP c***z are the sub-species, not ordinary Chinese people...

#SmashFascism #SmashTheCCP #SmashFascism via #VegAnarchy...#PlanetaryVegAnarchy....baby!

<3

Andy

Kung Flu Fighting by Steven Crowder

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...wn-viruses-from-sars-to-the-new-coronavirus1/

97863460-B74A-48E9-993E1C949513400D_source.jpg

It-Likely-Came-From-Chinese-Biowarfare-Lab-650x360.png

Last edited:
My Greek is OK... Epi = "upon", Demos = "people", Pan = "all".
I think I know where is Argentina in a map.
The infamous Dengue is considered pandemic in the American countries between the Tropical Belt and the areas that surround it.
I know two persons who are currently infected in Buenos Aires. Yes, it's worse in Brazil because of geographical issues.

There are wet markets in Argentina... Just visit Corrientes, Entre Ríos, Misiones and you will find markets in which you can buy snakes, capybaras and the strangest wild animals that exist in the region.

The same thing is true for the zone of Cuyo.

Of course, the Dengue itself is unrelated to those markets. The Hantavirus is unrelated to those markets too. The so called Chagas is also unrelated to them...

I don't get your point anyway.
I don't get what you are trying to explain.

Bats are eaten in US too.

Bats are eaten in US too.

Yeah... I probably don't like the scapegoat logic. From time to time we see an earthquake and then a Christian pastor decides that it happened because the zone has too many gays...
Or there is a Tsunami and another person blames the women who support the idea of legal abortion....
Or there is an economic crisis and an idiot with yellow hair and a huge belly decides that the problem is the Mexicans...
Etcetera!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom