"Lady Willpower" c/w "Rainbow Valley" - physical single release (available Aug. 23, 2019); artwork

Lady Willpower. - Morrissey Central
July 10, 2019

Morrissey's physical single/45 "Lady Willpower" will be available to buy on August 23rd.

The song was originally recorded by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, reaching number 2 in the U.S. in 1968.
The B-side is Morrissey's version of "Rainbow Valley" by The Love Affair which reached number 5 in the U.K. in 1968.

full

The single is released by BMG Records worldwide.

Artwork (above) is actor Stanley Baker from the 1962 film "Eva".

"Lady Willpower" has already been premiered on Radio 2 by Alan Carr.

Lady Willpower. - Morrissey Central
July 10, 2019

Morrissey's physical single/45 "Lady Willpower" will be available to buy on August 23rd.

The song was originally recorded by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, reaching number 2 in the U.S. in 1968.
The B-side is Morrissey's version of "Rainbow Valley" by The Love Affair which reached number 5 in the U.K. in 1968.

full

The single is released by BMG Records worldwide.

Artwork (above) is actor Stanley Baker from the 1962 film "Eva".

Apologies for whomever has undoubtedly posted this first (and clearly someone has on youtube), but Moz does resemble Baker from certain angles

And therein, all that we grieve for, that is now gone - wit, understatement, intelligence and charisma.

I don’t have a problem with the artwork here in the sense that some may. My issue with with the lack of cohesion between all sleeves for singles promoting this album. I’m a bit ocd in the sense that the artwork for singles should derive from the way the album artwork is. It just feels messy to me.

how did this not make the album,i am going to be addicted to this song,its in my head already and iv only heard it once.ps forgot they were british.

Last edited:
just realised these scallywags also did everlasting love,one of the best songs of the sixties,steve ellis great singer.

just realised these scallywags also did everlasting love,one of the best songs of the sixties,steve ellis great singer.

Love Affair - Ever Lasting Love. A song that more than stands the test of time. A definition of classic.

I don’t have a problem with the artwork here in the sense that some may. My issue with with the lack of cohesion between all sleeves for singles promoting this album. I’m a bit ocd in the sense that the artwork for singles should derive from the way the album artwork is. It just feels messy to me.

Art work has been inconsistent and messy for a long, long time now. SER gets most of the blame - I'm not even sure he's the culprit?

The photo is good. The font, font positioning, font colours and that '45' .... urgh!

how did this not make the album,i am going to be addicted to this song,its in my head already and iv only heard it once.ps forgot they were british.

Yes British, but wouldn’t you say Ellis sings with an American accent? If not, what accent would you say that is?

Also surprised no one mentioned the Charming Man cover reference, Morrissey is looking back a lot these days it seems.

If I remember rightly, Stanley Baker gave Morrissey one of his suits when he died. Then again, it might have been Dirk Bogarde. They were both fans.

Yes that’s correct, Stanley died then rose from the dead and gave Morrissey
a suit that he wouldn’t be needing anymore.

;)

I agree. That’s one of the reasons I love the sleeves for the Ringleader singles.

Yes British, but wouldn’t you say Ellis sings with an American accent? If not, what accent would you say that is?

Also surprised no one mentioned the Charming Man cover reference, Morrissey is looking back a lot these days it seems.
yes ket almost every group back then sang with an American accent,its one of the great mysteries for me why this happened.

I think it was actually played first on Resonance FM, on the Pull The Plug show way back in May.

But I suppose Resonance doesn't have the 'reach' of the BBC, even if it does have the cachet.
Resonance is apparently The Guardian's favourite radio station, but don't let that put you off. There are occasionally some very good programmes on it, if a little inconsistent in its output.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Resonance/pull-the-plug-30th-may-2019/

Has anybody pre-ordered the single yet? If so, do you have a link (Europe)?

The Warners pre-sale sheets for record stores are now available up until the 30th of August - no Lady Willpower 7" listing.
Nor has the German warehouse taken delivery of any in order to supply either.
Therefore delayed?
Might explain why it features nowhere online for preorder despite being due in 3 weeks time.
Regards,
FWD.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom