"Lady Willpower" release - official lyric video posted for May 17, 2019

oh dear. the first real turkey of the album. wasn't a fan of Wedding Bells either but this is just awful and cringeworthy. Moz likes some 60s naff shit - and the song just doesn't suit his voice.

I think Morrissey sounds fine, but the backing tracks are just so cheesy, it did make me cringe. It's old-fashioned camp, I guess, but still better than anything on his last album.

There's only a week to go, so I think I'll wait until the album is released to listen. A third of the album being released ahead of time is going to make actually picking up the record on release day feel a bit underwhelming otherwise.

It really doesn’t. It devalues the album and the event. The fact that Morrissey is releasing an album generates an abundance of excitement in itself. Having heard half of it weeks before release is the equivalent of opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.
Luckily one is not forced to listen to all of them. But I do miss the days of one single ahead of each album.
why do you keep saying we have heard half of it when we have heard four tracks from twelve which is 33% so we have heard a third of it.nothing like letting the facts get in the way.

why do you keep saying we have heard half of it when we have heard four tracks from twelve which is 33% so we have heard a third of it.nothing like letting the facts get in the way.
Wow, that’s one heck of a stickler. Nothing like taking everything absolutely literally either.

fantastic,voice is so clear,bit different from gary puckets,great outro to finish.

Wow, that’s one heck of a stickler. Nothing like taking everything absolutely literally either.
aye your right greggyboy,whats next iv heard seven tracks but its actually the full album iv heard.

aye your right greggyboy,whats next iv heard seven tracks but its actually the full album iv heard.
Not quite the same thing. A bit too exact to be an ironic exaggeration. No worries, some people have a hard time detecting and using irony, exaggerations, etc. I’m sure Rain Man was the same. But he was great at other things!

as long as you don't go to your local store demanding the huge lottery jackpot when you have only got three numbers.

Well, I must say that's rather good. Much better than Wedding Bell Blues, but it's a better song to start with. And that voice... Makes you realise how good an album of decent original material could be. How did he end up with the best voice of his life at 60 - especially when he wasn't all that great to start with? It's supposed to be the other way around.

That seems to be happening more and more as I get older and older. I guess we’re just different. If I could have eaten all the chocolate right away I would have. Once I got older I just bought chocolate when I wanted it and never bothered with a calendar again

I don't mind eating a lot of chocolate during the winter, but I don't eat much chocolate during the summer.

This thread is about how and when we like to eat chocolate, right?

Well, I must say that's rather good. Much better than Wedding Bell Blues, but it's a better song to start with. And that voice... Makes you realise how good an album of decent original material could be. How did he end up with the best voice of his life at 60 - especially when he wasn't all that great to start with? It's supposed to be the other way around.
agreed pep,voice is much deeper than it used to be and just seems stronger,dont know any other artist that this has happened to.

I only used Christmas as an example. But yeah, advent calendars are an even better one. Releasing half the album as singles weeks before the album is like eating all 24 pieces of advent calendar chocolate in like the first week or so.
And you’re right, the digital age really has changed the way we consume. Personally I feel that a lot has been lost along the way.

You’re even older than me! But yeah, I understand where you’re coming from.
i see your point that some things like the surprise and the joy and intimacy of slowly unfolding the whole package and getting to know it in one piece are definitely lost. i'm curious about the arrangement of songs though and probably will listen to it like i read a short story collection containing stories that i already know from mags, etc.

i see your point that some things like the surprise and the joy and intimacy of slowly unfolding the whole package and getting to know it in one piece are definitely lost. i'm curious about the arrangement of songs though and probably will listen to it like i read a short story collection containing stories that i already know from mags, etc.
That makes sense.

And jumpsuit era Elvis is one helluva reference @A Man Escaped. Color me intrigued!

Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits...
from my vague recollections of tom waits is he always had a deep voice from the start but will take your word for it that it got deeper as his career developed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom