Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
There seems to be a new Conneryesque affectation in his voice too.

But yes, Bryan Ferry is more animated live. And he’s got twelve years on Morrissey. From what I can hear, his voice didn’t sound great either. I hope it’s all just ring rust.
I think the wind-resistance those jeans create makes it difficult to move around on stage.

We all loved Morrissey singing whatever he wanted and doing what he wanted, in 1999, because it was absolutely risk-free.

In 2021, it isn’t without challenges and the idea of Morrissey doing exactly as a he pleases means some of us are thinking twice before handing over the (now quite significant) cash for a couple of gigs. If he’s now shameless enough to charge $150 for a signed single, then dropping dirge like Paris from the set, and slotting in Playboys (for instance) is hardly a compromise too far. Surely?

There is something to be said for leaving audiences absolutely thrilled, and feeling like they’ve got a bang for their buck. Especially when you’re looking for an inevitability compromising record deal.
But he's never done what people think he should do, he has always done what he thinks is best, for better and for worse, and that's why you fell in love with him in the first place. Just because you want something, doesn't mean you should get it.

I think the days of a moz concert being barnstorming are well and truly over....

As usual the gets off to a slow start
And from what I’ve seen (only a few snippets) it doesn’t pick up...

As for the set list I think it’s improved from Leeds ECT..

Paris rears it’s ugly mug again I see🆘
And chain gang...
Other than then two I would have been quite happy with the set list..
Due to Covid I’ve got about ten gigs lined up over the next nine months or so; I wouldn’t swap any one of them for what I’ve seen of that Vegas gig. To really bring home the gravity of this, I should mention that one of those concerts is a Simply Red gig.

Another will be a seventy-three year old Lionel Richie who still struts the stage like a teenager, and leaves everything out there on the stage when he does a gig. As much as Morrissey might resist, this is the stuff that constitutes ‘presence’ and star quality.

Morrissey can take the easy way, and try to convince people that star quality is beneath him. Or, he can start pulling out the stops and reignite his career—he probably won’t, but that’s our loss as much as his.

Yes, the set-list was a notch up from 2020. But his voice doesn’t seem quite as good.

But he's never done what people think he should do, he has always done what he thinks is best, for better and for worse, and that's why you fell in love with him in the first place. Just because you want something, doesn't mean you should get it.
“Just because you want something, doesn't mean you should get it.”

Indeed, but the same applies to Morrissey—who apparently wants a record deal and a large engaged audience.

I’d agree, to a point. But I’ve got a limited amount of time and cash to spend on gigs and a family to engage (with music and it’s history) and entertain.

I’d love to throw the money in Morrissey’s direction, but for less money I can take the kids to see New Order, Human League, and James absolutely smashing it and lifting the roof off. Like Morrissey used to—and still could if he wasn’t so comfortable with the plateau he’s on.

All of this, by the way, is why I’m excited by his collaboration with A$AP Rocky. Morrissey, and some of his audience, might benefit from the promised shock therapy. And these two on stage together is something me and my kids definitely want to see—even if it was to mean missing out on Mick Hucknall.

I’d agree, to a point. But I’ve got a limited amount of time and cash to spend on gigs and a family to engage (with music and it’s history) and entertain.

I’d love to throw the money in Morrissey’s direction, but for less money I can take the kids to see New Order, Human League, and James absolutely smashing it and lifting the roof off. Like Morrissey used to—and still could if he wasn’t so comfortable with the plateau he’s on.

All of this, by the way, is why I’m excited by his collaboration with A$AP Rocky. Morrissey, and some of his audience, might benefit from the promised shock therapy. And these two on stage together is something me and my kids definitely want to see—even if it was to mean missing out on Mick Hucknall.
Human league....

I was thinking of going to see them in Glasgow at the Hydro in December...
And Tom Bailey is the support act..

But I’m still umming and rrrrring

Human league....

I was thinking of going to see them in Glasgow at the Hydro in December...
And Tom Bailey is the support act..

But I’m still umming and rrrrring
Life’s too short to hesitate Caz Baz. Saw them about three years ago and it was great. I didn’t know Tom Bailey was supporting; I’ll get there early!

Can't believe some folks are moaning about this setlist, and wanting a boring old 'greatest hits' festival set. Bollox to that - I'm glad we're getting some deeper cuts.

Can't believe some folks are moaning about this setlist, and wanting a boring old 'greatest hits' festival set. Bollox to that - I'm glad we're getting some deeper cuts.
It wouldn’t be boring, it would be a novelty. He’s never done it.

I agree about deep cuts but four covers is a lot

How can you even compare those bands (as much as they have accomplished) with the most iconic british singer, lyricists , that has graced this planets nicest venues in our lifetime.. This is a gentleman that obviously gets better as he ages, can you say that about the bands you mentioned or anyone . Just saying.

:LOL:

set list ACE PEEPS!
PACKED HOUSE HUGE CROWD!
INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE BY MOZ!
ALL TOP FANS COLLECTORS IN ATTENDANCE!(y)
NO FAKE TROLLS(y)(y)
( go away docile trolls to your squalid dwellings):censored:
MANY IMPORTANT COLLECTIBLES IN MERCH TABLE!:rock:
SIGNED SINGLES TOP COLLECTIBLE:rock:
MORE SHOWS COMING:hammer:

Money too tight to mention?

After watching a few Clips from Vegas, I don't want to spoil the soup and I also try to keep in mind, that at 62, Morrissey has visibly paid a high price for his difficult character and has personally been through a lot, by his standards. He still has charisma on stage but his radius and his appeal to the fans is getting smaller. You can see a certain insecurity in him. No matter how loudly the people in Vegas shout and rave, one wrong heckle would ruin everything. The man has learned the hard way and needs to be present on stage to survive. Chicago is the baptism of fire for me.

Paris, Seasick, and Ouija Board were amazing, wonderful - I was so excited/happy for each one!! He gave the best and most poignant Seasick performance of his career.

I seriously don’t understand what some of you people want. It’s baffling to me. I am glad I still feel overjoyed to see him on everyone’s recordings and hear everything I did.

Some of you are - clearly - not even fans —I’m not sure what you are or why you’re here.

It’s starting to make sense to me, more every year, I mean, why he’s often so exasperated over the fandom. Y’all are so weird. He’s not perfect. He’s human like all of us and everyone else. I’m glad he’s back. So glad.

After watching a few Clips from Vegas, I don't want to spoil the soup and I also try to keep in mind, that at 62, Morrissey has visibly paid a high price for his difficult character and has personally been through a lot, by his standards. He still has charisma on stage but his radius and his appeal to the fans is getting smaller. You can see a certain insecurity in him. No matter how loudly the people in Vegas shout and rave, one wrong heckle would ruin everything. The man has learned the hard way and needs to be present on stage to survive. Chicago is the baptism of fire for me.
To put it in perspective, P&O...this was his first gig in how many months? ...and with a new band. Bound to be some anxiety in there, regardless of the number of years performing under his belt, which might adversely affect a 1st gig.
I think his, & the band's, performance was very good indeed, all things considered.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom