Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210830-025824~2.png

🤔
FWD.

How naïve do you have to be if you generally apply this only to a country that is prone to revolt. It's about Corona and compulsory vaccination for all. But since you don't want to be vaccinated, I can hardly expect understanding for my anger.

@Nerak: I dont like this kind of "humour" at that point in time. The protests were even stronger over this weekend and he knew what he said.
o_O

indecipherable drama llama🦙>:drama:
if France wants a revolution they can have one
its not nazi germany FFS:crazy:
do you even undersrand what Moz sings?:hammer:

Let's be real. It's a worldwide event but hitting Australia, France and the UK the hardest. The USA is revving up now too since the bait & switch approval of the vax. People are leaving their jobs for ones where the vax isn't mandated. I predict the employers that mandate will not survive. The love for the people is appreciated. Very few artists have the balls to say this.
The thing is Covid is not really hitting Australia that hard. The hysteria and fear mongering is what's hitting us hard. Since it started we've had 51, 000 cases and 999 deaths in a country of 25 million. I won't bother posting how many people have died since then of heart disease, cancer and car accidents here but I would assume it's a lot more. I'm all for people wanting to get vaxxed and I understand their fears but I am so f***ing over being afraid of a 99.9% survivable virus.

People are afraid of not being afraid. Fear does something to us. It bonds us and makes us see others who aren't afraid as the enemy. I'm sorry but I'm not going to play this game. If the Covidian cult welcomes in the inevitable Covid passports as some sort of badge of honour that they assume will keep them safe then just be careful what you wish for.

I’m glad I took my kid to a Broadway show— Suedehead, Everyday is Like Sunday and First of the Gang. Maybe this setlist shows the lack of Boz’s musical direction? And what are the current odds in Vegas on when the Canadian tuxedo appears? Still love you Moz.

:squiffy:

And his reason for not actually saying he's against vaccines or masks & only referring to it while introducing a song he's been singing for years in front of the same backdrop he's used for years is what?

He's trying to be "edgy" and sending out dog whistles to right wingers.

Regarding that tweet: Jesse is such a vile human being. He loves to play both sides. Personally, I agree with masks, but that’s not the issue. It’s his constant playing of both sides over the years that is, um, interesting. In this case, he certainly didn’t have a mask on and he surely doesn’t sing backup. It’s well-known Morrissey is meh or even slightly against masking. Ugh, Jesse doesn’t deserve to be in mozworld all these years. Talk about an absolutely fully average workaday guitarist. Anyway, rant over.

The thing is Covid is not really hitting Australia that hard. The hysteria and fear mongering is what's hitting us hard. Since it started we've had 51, 000 cases and 999 deaths in a country of 25 million. I won't bother posting how many people have died since then of heart disease, cancer and car accidents here but I would assume it's a lot more. I'm all for people wanting to get vaxxed and I understand their fears but I am so f***ing over being afraid of a 99.9% survivable virus.

People are afraid of not being afraid. Fear does something to us. It bonds us and makes us see others who aren't afraid as the enemy. I'm sorry but I'm not going to play this game. If the Covidian cult welcomes in the inevitable Covid passports as some sort of badge of honour that they assume will keep them safe then just be careful what you wish for.
To make it more clear, I never said covid was hitting Australia hard if that's what you were reacting to.

He's trying to be "edgy" and sending out dog whistles to right wingers.

Ffs.

The French revolution is left-wing.

His first sentence isn't even coherent, so I don't see how it would thrill the Vegas right-wingers.

This is a political forum? I clicked on the wrong website. A thousand apologies. :)
He sounded great and looked healthy and please don’t complain about the setlist. He can sing and say what he likes. It was a great show. He even played two songs that haven‘t been played live since 1986.

Ffs.

The French revolution is left-wing.

His first sentence isn't even coherent, so I don't see how it would thrill the Vegas right-wingers.
Plus the fact that some here think anything left wing is good and anything right wing is bad is quite a childish mind set. These people need to do some research.

Super fun show! 4th time I’ve seen him and he sounded great! Obviously he’s not gonna do a Smiths set. And I’ve seen him do a lot of his old stuff and I can always watch it on YouTube if I want to. He loves his new music and cover songs, and you can tell he loves performing them. I haven’t really liked his last few albums but his most recent one is really enjoyable (to me anyway🤷🏼‍♂️). I can see how if it was someone’s first Morrissey show they might be disappointed with the setlist but I enjoyed it.

Attachments

• B16A6139-24D2-4C4D-AE5E-8C0B2CCC36F0.jpeg
    B16A6139-24D2-4C4D-AE5E-8C0B2CCC36F0.jpeg
    889.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9A584D04-FDFB-4A29-99FF-17D3EAA2A363.jpeg
    9A584D04-FDFB-4A29-99FF-17D3EAA2A363.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Plus the fact that some here think anything left wing is good and anything right wing is bad is quite a childish mind set. These people need to do some research.

Definitely more research.

Yesterday left-wing journalists in the UK got tricked into promoting Tory government spin because it gave them an opportunity to be angry & righteous.

If they'd spent two seconds thinking they would have realized it was ludicrous.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they'd spent two seconds thinking they would have realized it was ludacris.
Ever since that rapper arrived on the scene, people have been unable to spell this word. Ludicrous. The word is ludicrous.

Good to see Alain back in the band. He sure looked happy. It was nice to see. He's a good guy.

Side note: Alain and I are friends on Facebook. When my mom died suddenly a couple of years ago, I wanted to make a brief post acknowledging her passing. I didn't think much of it as it was a private moment. A few hours later in the day, out of the blue I see I have a private FB message. It's from Alain Whyte. He took time to send me and my family condolences. He said he was sorry to see my post and wanted to send me and my family sympathy and wished us well. I was so surprised as he didn't have to do that. Alain Whyte, the guy from Morrissey, someone who's music I have really enjoyed stopped and personally mailed me. I was speechless.

I always knew he was a good person.
He can be good. Keep your distance & it will stay that way. Lord knows I should have kept mine.

I'm stuck in interminable lockdown in NZ as our intrepid PM attempts to wipe out Covid 4eva.
oh b-boy, yer gonna be there for a long f***ing time.

if it wasnt for that, you would though, right? the adventure we would have!

by the way, uncle bhops, can you tell me again about that time you met my cute little idee fixe in a bar in holland park?!??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom