Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 29, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Tomorrow / Alma Matters / Wedding Bell Blues / Half A Person / Knockabout World / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Lady Willpower / Never Had No One Ever / The Lazy Sunbathers / Back On The Chain Gang / Love Is On Its Way Out / Some Say I Got Devil / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Trouble Loves Me / Satan Rejected My Soul / Shoplifters Of The World Unite // Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Iris Marcial & FWD.

• Photo from amybatt70 / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

• Shirt identification by Famous when dead:

Eddie Cochran (aged 15).

full

Media item:

Last edited:
OK, I wish i would have been at tonights. I kinda guessed this one would be better than the last , M often is kinda iffy on the first night.
He finds form the second and onwards Maybe its just a question of he cant fake "moods" ,
Happy for everyone who went, fair play to them . It still strikes me as funny how middle of the road his west coast fans are.
Its kinda a more edgy affair in everywhere else apart from the west coast .
He doesn't have to try hard for the LA amigos. They gobble it up without much of a fuss.

Has anyone mentioned how full these events have been? Are there lots of empty seats or closed off sections? Or is it packed houses?

FWD comes through, again. Thank you for this, especially the trimmed cut so we could get straight to what was being referenced. For a second there I had to use my imagination...thank goodness that ended.
Yes, thanks FWD. As jarring as I remember. Especially as Moz was hunched over. We were viewing from 105 row N. Your clip looked very close to us.

Definitely a completely different vibe last night and the setlist wasn’t the only factor. The band seemed tighter. I loved the show despite the drunks around me, can’t wait to hear audio. And I wonder for anyone who thinks his voice is gone, how can you listen to Some Say I’ve Got Devil and think that? That song is gorgeous and he has nailed it every time I’ve seen it, and that’s not easy. The other highlight for me was Love Is On the Way Out which I think I is one of those songs that shines live (and I LOVE the prince Harry backdrop). Now to kill three days till Thursday…
Two drunkards behind us repeatedly kept shouting, play “Every Day is Like Sunday”. Was actually happy he didn’t this show.

Truly beautiful
I hate this bullshit. I’ve been to plenty of Moz shows since The Smiths. I saw them 3 times in LA and always hated these stupid stage invasions. They cut the set short and that one time at UCLA caused a riot because the show was cut after 15 minutes.

Has anyone mentioned how full these events have been? Are there lots of empty seats or closed off sections? Or is it packed houses?
there was a video on page 1/2 and it looked quite full to me.

One thing I noted over the two gigs was the band were not introduced which I feel is a bit disrespectful and also when coming back on stage for the encore there is no coming to the front arms around each other in a line taking a bow
So true! Especially with changed in personnel was needed. Was wondering Saturday if he was annoyed at band for some minor flubs, but looks like he just didn't want to take the time.

This didn't look too bad, but I can't help thinking that maybe it's time for people to stop trying to jump on stage to grab hold of Morrissey. The dude is 62 years old. It's not 1991 'Live in Dallas' anymore, and at this stage it's a bit like wrestling with your aged grandpa - it's all very undignified and no one comes out of it looking good. :paranoid:
In addition, it's annoying for everyone else when it cuts shows short.

Mostly full by my estimation. If there were empty seats, it may have been fans outside the U.S. that couldn't gain entry. I saw several posts for example on Facebook where UK fans could neither enter the country nor resell seats because they were will call tickets.

I hate that
X
If it's over and over it's annoying but just in general I think people should be more creative. When I saw Johnny Marr I had the decency to yell one time to play "This Tension."

I knew he wasn't going to play it as the setlist was the same every night. I would have loved to hear it and it was a way to let him know someone out there was ready to hear one of his album tracks not some Smiths single.

If it's over and over it's annoying but just in general I think people should be more creative.

When I saw Johnny Marr I had the decency to yell one time to play "This Tension."

I knew he wasn't going to play it as the setlist was the same every night. I would have loved to hear it and it was a way to let him know someone out there was ready to hear one of his album tracks not some Smiths single.

You should have requested ‘Everyday Is Like Sunday’ that may have gotten his attention.

You should have requested ‘Everyday Is Like Sunday’ that may have gotten his attention.
I did get his attention when I yelled, "Johnny f***in' Marr" and looks over and says.. "That's Mister Johnny f***in' Marr to you."

:guitar:

Really enjoyed tonight (as last night) but tonight topped last night.
Folk around me sat down when Wedding Bells came on yet bizarrely the biggest cheer was for Chain Gang.
The goldfish generation probably think Chain Gang is his song and not a cover version.

Shout outs for song requests never work. If you know Moz isn't going to play it, you might as well get more creative by requesting some completely random song, like 'Staying Alive' or 'Jungle Boogie'. You might at least get his attention.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom