Leeds - First Direct Arena (Feb. 24, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / When You Open Your Legs / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
Wonderful show as ever, I think that was my 26th or 27th since 1991, and it was right up there in the top 5. The new stuff is excellent, the voice is superb and there were too many highlights to mention really.

I suppose this site isn't really the place anymore for a positive review but who cares. Great to see the arena full despite some people on here trying to make out pre show pics of the crowd were taken during the show as you'd expect...

I reckon is that a prison? What a horrible vile looking venue. The things Uncle Steve needs to do for money. No wonder why he lives in LA and can play real venues like the Hollywood Bowl and Santa Barbara Bowl.
He better not eat out of your bowl and that is Leeds and it is not like there is anything beautiful about the place. Even their football team had such low self esteem that they chose club colours belonging to Real Madrid.

Definitely more aggro than any date previous, fights before, during and after.

Managed to have the closest thing to a conversation with Moz as i’ll get

“Love you Moz”
“What for?”
“Everything”
“Your restless labido must be controlled”

Will post some more thoughts once I’m sorted.

Some blokes need to have a word with how they go on toward women at gigs.

If the girl in blue who hit the deck during the shirt throw is on here, hope you’re alright, tried to help as best as I could x

Definitely more aggro than any date previous, fights before, during and after.

Managed to have the closest thing to a conversation with Moz as i’ll get

“Love you Moz”
“What for?”
“Everything”
“Your restless labido must be controlled”

Will post some more thoughts once I’m sorted.

Some blokes need to have a word with how they go on toward women at gigs.

If the girl in blue who hit the deck during the shirt throw is on here, hope you’re alright, tried to help as best as I could x

She's fine, understands it's part of an emotional gig, you fancied her, she blanked you, end of

Hey I am all for a positive review, but having seen the Smiths twice, and then Moz many times. I gave up about five years ago because......he plays his latest album of B-sides, plus half a dozen crowd-pleasers, we all go home after about 80 minutes, rinse and repeat. The guy has the pick of an amazing back-catalogue, from which he plays basically nothing.

Oh, and he charges top-dollar for the privilege.

Going to see The Cure is the summer. Same vintage as Moz, they have maybe given up releasing new music, just play occasional three-hours sets, playing pretty much all you might want to hear. It's an idea.

Otherwise, Rick Rubin should give Moz a ring, his latest 'lost legend' to work on.

Great gig. He was in fine voice and a lot more swivel hipped than I've seen before!

Loved HSIN - best version of that song he's ever performed. The gif got a bit bogged down with Munich, Police and World peace which no one really needs. I bury the living kinda works though. The clumsy first half gives way to the relief of "It's funny how..." which sounded great.

If you don't like me... Don't look at me; he seemed out of key and apologised for the "heavy metal" version afterwards. Hope that will drop out of the set. Hold on to your friends was a real highlight towards the end.

Moz is at his best when singing about love, life and happiness. Not world peace :)

Morrissey was great, but the crowd was awful and it had a really shit atmosphere.

Most of the die-hard wanker Morrissey-can-do-or-say-no-wrong fans were actually pleasant for once, but the majority of the crowd was awful. Most people there only seemed to know two or three songs, so there wasn't an awful lot of singing, which sapped out the atmosphere.

Then, along with that, there was just so many scraps going on. Morrissey gugi are always a bit rough, but that's because everyone is dancing. This was just full on fights. I had to grab hold of and throw one guy, because he came within an inch of elbowing my girlfriend in the face when he was kicking off with someone. Another fella in a flat-cap and a stripy top got another guy thrown out near the end, which resulted in some girls fighting.

It was just a really shit crowd. One of the worst Morrissey shows I've been to, despite Morrissey being on good form.

Great gig. He was in fine voice and a lot more swivel hipped than I've seen before!

Loved HSIN - best version of that song he's ever performed. The gif got a bit bogged down with Munich, Police and World peace which no one really needs. I bury the living kinda works though. The clumsy first half gives way to the relief of "It's funny how..." which sounded great.

If you don't like me... Don't look at me; he seemed out of key and apologised for the "heavy metal" version afterwards. Hope that will drop out of the set. Hold on to your friends was a real highlight towards the end.

Moz is at his best when singing about love, life and happiness. Not world peace :)

Munich Air Disaster 1958 was wonderful, and I've always loved that song. But, maybe that's because I'm a Mancunian and a Man United fan. World Peace was "meh", as always, and Police from LIHS is just plain bad.

Hey I am all for a positive review, but having seen the Smiths twice, and then Moz many times. I gave up about five years ago because......he plays his latest album of B-sides, plus half a dozen crowd-pleasers, we all go home after about 80 minutes, rinse and repeat. The guy has the pick of an amazing back-catalogue, from which he plays basically nothing.

Going to see The Cure is the summer. Same vintage as Moz, they have maybe given up releasing new music, just play occasional three-hours sets, playing pretty much all you might want to hear. It's an idea.

Otherwise, Rick Rubin should give Moz a ring, his latest 'lost legend' to work on.
I have to admit I had similar thoughts I was sick to death of the MIM video etc. I bought my ticket late , I am glad I did the new album is brilliant live. Not the best gig out of my numerous others but certainly not the worst. I really enjoyed it and glad I changed my mind. Doing Birmingham on Tuesday as I work there and would hate to know he was on nearby without being there. I retired from the Moz Pit a few years ago, looking at tonight's carnage I am glad I was aggro free in my very good seat.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Morrissey on top form , unfortunately let down by the crowd. “Living bodies that actually move”? Not in this case Leeds .

Morrissey was great, but the crowd was awful and it had a really shit atmosphere.

Most of the die-hard wanker Morrissey-can-do-or-say-no-wrong fans were actually pleasant for once, but the majority of the crowd was awful. Most people there only seemed to know two or three songs, so there wasn't an awful lot of singing, which sapped out the atmosphere.

Then, along with that, there was just so many scraps going on. Morrissey gugi are always a bit rough, but that's because everyone is dancing. This was just full on fights. I had to grab hold of and throw one guy, because he came within an inch of elbowing my girlfriend in the face when he was kicking off with someone. Another fella in a flat-cap and a stripy top got another guy thrown out near the end, which resulted in some girls fighting.

It was just a really shit crowd. One of the worst Morrissey shows I've been to, despite Morrissey being on good form.

Sadly this might have had something to do with Leeds Utd playing at home this afternoon and people being s*** faced from the football then carrying on to the gig....I see it where I work all the time and how half of them are even allowed in is beyond me.

Very excited for my 4th night with Moz in Birmingham on Tuesday!

MLM

I reckon is that a prison? What a horrible vile looking venue. The things Uncle Steve needs to do for money. No wonder why he lives in LA and can play real venues like the Hollywood Bowl and Santa Barbara Bowl.
Sorry, I’m struggling to understand your poor grasp of English again Mr Aztuc cum!

Apparently Morrissey has no problem selling out all of the park benches at a home for bored, drooling, geriatric lumps.
I bet you live on your own sniffing 1970's spunk off your mother's knickers, wondering what life could have been like if you weren't aborted.

There are some great bands playing that Cure show! I am jealous!

Setlist:
You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's... / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster / I Started Something... / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / WPINOYB / Jack The Ripper / Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / When You Open Your Legs / If You Don't Like Me... / Spent The Day In Bed / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Bullfighter / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now / Every Day Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood

Regards,
FWD.

Munich Air Disaster played in Leeds could not have gone down well. I suspect the Leeds fans joined in with the City fans stretching their arms out pretending to be airplanes. He should have made a sung about how the english always lose out when fighting turks.

Thanks for the reports!

I hope he brings Speedway back into the set for Birmingham.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom