Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Asexual means you can break a bit of him off and grow a new Morrissey.

Oh so that’s what those bits of flesh were at the merch table.

I'm almost certain there are in fact two types of asexual. I wish I could remember a great article I read about it all recently. One feels romance and sexual feelings, one feels completely devoid of these - and the second instance is the rarer type.

Most asexuals feel sexual feelings but simply choose not to practice with others for their own reasons (that perhaps even they don't quite know). This is Morrissey - it fits so many of his lyrics. Go off and research asexuality if you don't believe me.
There aren't "two types" because asexuality, like all sexuality, exists on a spectrum. My semantic issue with the wishy-washy definitions you're pulling out of your ass is in this idea that it's a choice. These people are not choosing to be asexual, they're not choosing to refrain from sexual activity for some speciflc, personal reason. That would be abstinence or celibacy.

Take it from the man himself:

"They don't consider for a moment that you'd rather not be, but you just are. I don't sob about, but it wasn't easy. And it's over now."
Morrissey's lyrics can be 'about' whatever you choose them to be. He also sang about 'getting his hands on mammary glands', but I would never use that in an argument to say he's straight.

Really poor setlist for me, really didn’t need to play so much stuff from the past 3 albums
Throw in an encore of Spring Heel Jim and Now My Heart Is Full and Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself and Nobody Loves us, and Boxers, finishing with The Headmaster Ritual. That would be ace. Moz needs to lengthen the concerts and do a decent encore. 25 minutes extra would make all the difference.

Morrissey's lyrics can be 'about' whatever you choose them to be. He also sang about 'getting his hands on mammary glands', but I would never use that in an argument to say he's straight.

mmmmm, mammary glands.

very romantic.

just got back from the gig- 11th Morrissey gig for me and by far the worst, no band introductions , chuggalong boring set list- when it takes a pretenders cover to get the crowd slightly in motion then its time to retire, - crowd looked bored shitless talking during the songs etc all that material to choose from and singing shite like lady willpower - not a thing from Vauxhall or viva hate total waste of 52 quid plus expenses

There aren't "two types" because asexuality, like all sexuality, exists on a spectrum. My semantic issue with the wishy-washy definitions you're pulling out of your ass is in this idea that it's a choice. These people are not choosing to be asexual, they're not choosing to refrain from sexual activity for some speciflc, personal reason. That would be abstinence or celibacy.
Go the f*** away and research it. I'm not imagining the article I read. It was in the magazine of a top British newspaper and was about a national drive to help people understand asexuals and what they're about!

It's main point was to stress that asexuals do have sexual feelings but feel more comfortable not physically sharing them.

just got back from the gig- 11th Morrissey gig for me and by far the worst, no band introductions , chuggalong boring set list- when it takes a pretenders cover to get the crowd slightly in motion then its time to retire, - crowd looked bored shitless talking during the songs etc all that material to choose from and singing shite like lady willpower - not a thing from Vauxhall or viva hate total waste of 52 quid plus expenses
Ouch. Not good. Thanks for the honest review. If that's what a lot of people think then Moz should take note. A non engaging setlist will lose fans quicker than any political statement.

What's the betting you were at the back, far from the 'bedlam'?

Ouch. Not good. Thanks for the honest review. If that's what a lot of people think then Moz should take note. A non engaging setlist will lose fans quicker than any political statement.

Well, it’s good then that a lot of people don’t think that.

Go the f*** away and research it. I'm not imagining the article I read. It was in the magazine of a top British newspaper and was about a national drive to help people understand asexuals and what they're about!

It's main point was to stress that asexuals do have sexual feelings but feel more comfortable not physically sharing them.
Yes, I should "go the f*** away" because I actually know what I'm talking about but you can sit here and try to lecture me while trying to remember something about an article that you once read.

These aren't lyrics, you dunce. They're from an interview he gave for that Importance of Being Morrissey documentary where he's specifically talking about asexuality.

Can you look at them at a zoo?
It had pictures of them to show the public what they looked like, yes, so it was a bit zoo like. It was condescending but so are all 'woke' articles.

I agree that liberals never seem to realise how patronising and racist they nearly always are as they play 'superior savior' to every sexuality, imagined gender and race.

It's not from a lyric - it's from the fly-on-the-wall documentary.

In interviews he has indicated that he didn't want to be celibate, he just ended up being that way because of various emotional blocks.

Each to his own - but I liked the clips posted & the crowd didn't sound bored.

Doing so many covers *still* while amazing originals sit on the shelf is nothing short of criminal. Don’t even get me started on the tired “mid set slump” that inexplicably remains - now in its 4th year.

Self-indulgence and pure laziness on display.

These aren't lyrics, you dunce. They're from an interview he gave for that Importance of Being Morrissey documentary where he's specifically talking about asexuality.
You're clearly just here for the oneupmanship.

Lyrics, spoken words, who cares. Words are just signals that you can read many things into, or in your case, choose to put a slant on tendentiously.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom