Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
I don’t think the ending was terrible, as he’d said his thanks and goodbyes before launching into “Half A Person”. I understand what Benny’s saying, though, it did seem as though he was about to come back on and the music was building up. Not sure if the fight influenced the decision or if they just played the music for a bit too long.

I thought it was great and the crowd seemed to love it too.

Yeah, I don’t remember “Seasick” either and agree that the long intro sounded like “In Your Lap”.
Seaside was definitely played and the intro was indeed In Your Lap. Irish Blood really got the crowd going at the end, sad there wasn’t a couple of those type of songs in the middle. Feared the worst when he played You’ll Be Gone, even though he sings it really well.

I am no Morrissey hater I still love and appreciate the man, his voice was great and his mood was chirpy, fake coughing across the crowd and joking about it been a risk to leave home, nice dig at the bbc for not airing his new songs too BUT I was just so so disappointed by the setlist, took a friend for his first time and he described it as static and dull, the band were like showroom dummys in the background, my own fault as I was half expecting a set list similar to this but not quite as bad as what was served up, seen boz with the polecats a couple of years ago putting in a wild, energetic performance that sent the crowd crazy, just something like billy budd or boy racer to liven it up would have done but no chance, crowd walked away like they had just watched a nil nil draw in the conference league.

So we are all in agreement then? Last night's gig was great/rubbish, the setlist inspired/tired, the arena full/half-empty, and the crowd enthusiastic/lacklustre?

I don’t think the ending was terrible, as he’d said his thanks and goodbyes before launching into “Half A Person”. I understand what Benny’s saying, though, it did seem as though he was about to come back on and the music was building up. Not sure if the fight influenced the decision or if they just played the music for a bit too long.

I thought it was great and the crowd seemed to love it too.

Yeah, I don’t remember “Seasick” either and agree that the long intro sounded like “In Your Lap”.
It’s was the in your lap intro going in to Paris. Gustavo needs a new piece I reckon...

Tbh there's been a far better atmosphere at Smyths shows I've seen than recent Moz ones I've been to.

I'm pleased for you, knock yourself out with the tribute bands.

To all the snowflakes/ Nazi left wing extremists out there, the reason morrissey isn’t selling as many tickets as he used to, isn’t because of his political views, its because of a handful of recent boring studio albums and cover albums, coupled with the fact he is well known for not playing the “hits” that many fans want to hear.
Btw last night was excellent but could have been a much better evening if more “crowd pleasers” were included.
Sorry snowflakes, but your mind games don’t work on intelligent people....
I forgot to add the fact he keeps cancelling shows too, which is offputting. A mate of my workmate actually paid airfares for himself and his girlfriend to fly from los angeles to manchester to watch the castlefield bowl gig, only for morrissey to cancel. People aren’t gonna take the chance and travel long distances anymore.
Playing gigs just before a new album release isn’t gonna help, people aren’t into buying tickets for gigs when they know the setlist will contain songs nobody knows, as it kills the atmosphere.

I'm pleased for you, knock yourself out with the tribute bands.
If he was playing the same setlist as smyths shows, he would be selling out venues left right and centre.
Its the new material and deliberately awkward setlists that are the problem causing lower attendance. He can’t have his cake and eat it by playing setlists aimed at more hardcore fans while still expecting to sell out arenas

I too am Spartacus and also took the very same picture you plagiarised Shame on You too!! You fool we all took that picture, it wasn’t mutually exclusive to anyone.

Impossible. No one can ever take exactly the same picture as someone else. You are a liar.

So we are all in agreement then? Last night's gig was great/rubbish, the setlist inspired/tired, the arena full/half-empty, and the crowd enthusiastic And vairpl/lacklustre?

What I find odd is that people who weren’t there say it was great and the majority of members who went say it wasn’t and fair play to Carlisle Baz for his honest appraisal, that was exactly how I felt after the Birmingham gig in 2018.

First of all, I'm not gay. You're a typical bigoted narcissist who quite literally cannot deal with anything that differs from their own reflection. You assume that because I celebrate Morrissey's homosexuality, that I must be cut from the same cloth. But newsflash, people can indeed manage to celebrate each other's differences.

As to your second "point" (I'm being generous there), Morrissey is frequently on heat. His performances are always sexually-charged. He rips his shirt off and feels his own tits up on a nightly basis. Were you there in the late-90s when he would sing "The More You Ignore Me..." and repeatedly thrust his hips while singing "let me in"? How about on the Maladjusted tour when he would practically fellate the microphone during "Wide to Receive"? No, you were still sitting around watching cartoons and picking your nose.
First of all.....:rolleyes: Now who's in denial!

You'd be better off going to see the Smythes mate, or maybe the Smiths Indeed.

The new songs last night sounded great, I thought it was a bit of a shame there was only 3 from the new album.

The Smiths Indeed go by The Smiths Presumably these days; same singer, but different & much better band.

What I find odd is that people who weren’t there say it was great and the majority of members who went say it wasn’t?
We went and it was great, the setlist could have been a bit more upbeat but it was still great. Everybody we spoke to WHO WERE THERE agreed that it was great

on Monday nerak asked where is Morrissey,i said he was in rehearsals practicing jim jim falls.
my big crystal balls were right for once.

Waited to see the set list before buying Wembley ticket. I won't be going to Wembley.

I am not in any of these pictures hehe
you should have been up on the stage,you could have filled in for Thelma.iv heard you sing,voice is up there with the best.

8B315F00-EFF0-4443-9EF9-18AE45600CA9.jpeg

I suddenly feel very old. Old enough to remember when Morrissey couldn't get a record deal and would be lucky to sell out Butlins.
And yet here are people bickering about how many tickets in a big arena he sold.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom