Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Being in

Being in a public swimming pool is a little different to choosing to walk through a famous (and dangerous) gay cruising area at midnight.

You're scraping the barrel with that one.

No not a swimming pool, a pool hall as in billiards. Here's actor John Cho telling the story on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Starts at 1:00, a funny tale and a very telling one.

"Britain is losing its beloved character and morphing into something ugly."

A beloved character borne from the murder, rape, torture and forced religious conversion of millions. Talk about rose tinted glasses.

No not a swimming pool, a pool hall as in billiards. Here's actor John Cho telling the story on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Starts at 1:00, a funny tale and a very telling one.

I don't want to watch that in case I catch the Coronavirus. These people eat f***ing bats. They're subhuman I tell you.

All right go on then...

Just watched. Again, an American that doesn't understand dry British humour. That's us being nice! We just don't do the big extrovert smiley have-a-nice-day inane American stuff. That man Cho understands Morrissey even less than @Verso.

Facts are 'things' made up in her vacuous head.

But what if he invited her and put her on the VIP list? You're hardly going to say no. It would be impolite.

Personally I think she and Morrissey should have children together. He considered it once with another woman, remember? He even said so in his book.

Yet people keep insisting he's 100% gay. Funny that, isn't it?
A Morrissey 'fan' who 'thinks' Morrissey is straight and might have kids as she stands on the ledge of insanity.

Too late. Her party is funded by Zionists who want something back on their investment. Criticize Muslims and Muslims only - never ever mention banks or Jews. That's what they told Nick griffin when they offered to fund the BNP. But he told them where to shove it. Lo and behold, within a year or two despite massive votes the BNP ceased to exist. Those pesky Zionists and their dark arts.

Nobody forced Morrissey to announce his affiliation for Anne Marie. He made the decision knowing full well the ostracism that was certain to follow. His views have not changed.

The Conservate Party make changes to reduce immigration and nobody bats an eyelid. A small party like For Britain has the very same aim and they are branded 'far right' and 'racist'.

That's politics and propaganda for you. One rule for the elite, and any challengers must be blackened and wiped off the map. This is a two party country and it will stay that way thank you very much.

The Conservative Party isn't lacking in bad publicity.

The BNP fell apart because it was nasty, stupid & incompetent.

And Anne Marie is going to spend the rest of her career RTing obvious propaganda & her opportunistic & incongruous manifesto pledges. If she wants to be a scammer, that's her lookout, but it's a damn shame she's harming someone else while she's doing it.

I don't want to watch that in case I catch the Coronavirus. These people eat f***ing bats. They're subhuman I tell you.

All right go on then...

Just watched. Again, an American that doesn't understand dry British humour. That's us being nice! We just don't do the big extrovert smiley have-a-nice-day inane American stuff. That man Cho understands Morrissey even less than @Verso.
Morrissey? Misunderstood? Shocker!
Curious that someone so allegedly intellectual leaves himself open to misinterpretation so often?

For those that pipe in 'he does that deliberately' to cause confusion.' If that were the case, which it isn't, he wouldn't feel the need to 'fight back' with petulant t-shirt barbs.

The Conservative Party isn't lacking in bad publicity.

The BNP fell apart because it was nasty, stupid & incompetent.

And Anne Marie is going to spend the rest of her career RTing obvious propaganda & her opportunistic & incongruous manifesto pledges. If she wants to be a scammer, that's her lookout, but it's a damn shame she's harming someone else while she's doing it.
The BNP was made to fall apart. There's ways and means. These means were applied. Around 2010/11 their votes were huge. Therefore rightwingers were quickly directed towards Ukip (more safe, more establishment) and the BNP were taken out. You don't have to belive me but that's what happened. Have you ever read 'Undercover' by Paul Lewis? He's ex-Guardian I think but everything in the book is true. It includes Helen Steel's story - you mentioned her earlier. MI5 and secret police units do secretive stuff you know. Stuff that would blow your socks off. They've even planted bombs. Oh yes. The least they can do is get agents into a party to destroy if from within - which is what they did.

Funny how there is now no real far right BNP-style party in existence in Britain now.

'For Britain'? Don't make me laugh, they're just light libertarians.

Oh no I will tell you if I was but you’re gonna have to do a lot better as to why you think I was near you. Steven would love to know Benny’s I D so he can ban him from reporting on Mozzxit.
Just think you could have taken a selfie with me, I’m very approachable, I would have signed your merch as well.
But was it me? I don’t know you’re not giving enough info.

??:knife:
Didn't he sing who will protect us from the police? Seems that ones been forgotten.
You lent forward.I sang along.

Morrissey? Misunderstood? Shocker!
Curious that someone so allegedly intellectual leaves himself open to misinterpretation so often?

For those that pipe in 'he does that deliberately' to cause confusion.' If that were the case, which it isn't, he wouldn't feel the need to 'fight back' with petulant t-shirt barbs.
His barbed t-shirts are genius. And very, very funny.

43 pages? What?

Only just noticed this review which is sort of lost in the opening header post. Credits to @joe frady.

Looks like a decent & honest review though:

Yorkshire Times Review

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted.
Missing this cos flybe collapsed.
He's looking and sounding great so far.
luckily was travelling Thursday and able to last minute change my belfast -> leeds on flybe to easyjet to liverpool and then train to leeds

Great to see Smiths Historian and Expert Peter Finan enjoying from the back.

43 pages? What?

Only just noticed this review which is sort of lost in the opening header post. Credits to @joe frady.

Looks like a decent & honest review though:

Yorkshire Times Review

Reads like a fan review to me. Almost as if Mr F. Dodwell was somehow involved? There's no way the Yorkshire Post would be paying for this fan to go to all 4 UK/EU gigs so he's self-financing which indicates where allegiances lie.

The BNP was made to fall apart. There's ways and means. These means were applied. Around 2010/11 their votes were huge. Therefore rightwingers were quickly directed towards Ukip (more safe, more establishment) and the BNP were taken out. You don't have to belive me but that's what happened. Have you ever read 'Undercover' by Paul Lewis? He's ex-Guardian I think but everything in the book is true. It includes Helen Steel's story - you mentioned her earlier. MI5 and secret police units do secretive stuff you know. Stuff that would blow your socks off. They've even planted bombs. Oh yes. The least they can do is get agents into a party to destroy if from within - which is what they did.

Funny how there is now no real far right BNP-style party in existence in Britain now.

'For Britain'? Don't make me laugh, they're just light libertarians.

It wasn't made to fall apart. Being able to hold it together when your enemies and rivals are out to get you is part of being a good political party.

& For Britain would make anyone laugh if they weren't so invested in the drama of online virtue signalling.

There's a Time Out hack on the FBC account being heartbroken that her Morrissey is now a fascist. It's the stuff of pr nightmares & there it is playing out while he's in a 'I'm not far right...' t-shirt that will never see the light of day beyond a few fan accounts.

And his own social media makes a blasted heath look like London.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reads like a fan review to me. Almost as if Mr F. Dodwell was somehow involved? There's no way the Yorkshire Post would be paying for this fan to go to all 4 UK/EU gigs so he's self-financing which indicates where allegiances lie.

Yorkshire Times 2018

He's a Painter, Arts Critic, Photographer. No obvious Dodwell connection that I can see.
He also did a review for the 2018 Moz concert (February 2018), also in Leeds, so he has some professional interest, if only in providing commissioned Arts reviews for the YT.

Interestingly, the show then, again started off with You’ll Be Gone & some of the setlist from 2018 was repeated in 2020. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage, Munich Air Disaster 1958, & Pretenders song Back on the Chain Gang.

1) Where do you get the impression that the reviewer is going to all four UK/EU gigs? When he writes "Cologne, Paris and London await", surely he's referring to Morrissey's tour itinerary, not his own?
2) Your comment implies that reviews can only be considered impartial and legitimate if they're as critical and sneery as So-Low.

Yorkshire Times 2018

He's a Painter, Arts Critic, Photographer. No obvious Dodwell connection that I can see.
He also did a review for the 2018 Moz concert (February 2018), also in Leeds, so he has some professional interest, if only in providing commissioned Arts reviews for the YT.

Interestingly, the show then, again started off with You’ll Be Gone & some of the setlist from 2018 was repeated in 2020. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage, Munich Air Disaster 1958, & Pretenders song Back on the Chain Gang.

There is no real Dodwell connection - only that he is a fan, one that spends his own money to travel to see Morrissey, it's unlikely that'd he'd write anything overly negative. He even put a spin on the 4 slow songs that 'lost momentum' but somehow the 'hero' shone through and won the day.

He's a fan. It's his opinion. I didn't perceive it as a review. I perceived it as a fan boy musing. Much like Dodwell's fan girl musings.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom