Libertines Fans

I know they are now (sadly) defunct and have been for some time, but are any of you Libs fans? I adore them :). Babyshambles are alright and the majority of Pete's solo album is pretty good, but it seemed to be the partnership of Pete and Carl that really made it 'click'. Favourite albums anyone? For me, it's UTB.
There don't seem to be any recent/active threads on this, so feel free to respond. :D

Last edited:
the whole first album is great. death on the stairs, vertigo and good old days are stand outs for me.

the second album is darker but out of the 14 songs there's not one I'd skip. what katie did and last post on the bugle are good

not too big a fan of bs but the second album had some moments on it. I've only heard one song from the solo album and it was really good. steven street made produced it I think. there's also been talk of a reunion as they are on better terms now but I'm not expecting much.

libertines fan here but but mainly a Pete / Babyshambles man. a favourite libs album? there only two to pick from so im gonna say the second album.

Not a fan of the Libertines but with PD performance on saturday im a fan of his.. (if that makes sense)
Ive only been a fan for 48 hrs :blushing: so if you can recommend any of his Libertines songs please do..

Cheers

You're very lucky you saw PD at Glasto. :thumb:. As mozully said, Death on the Stairs is great, as is Time For Heroes, What Katie Did, Don't Look Back Into The Sun, What Became of the Likely Lads, and countless others. :).

the whole first album is great. death on the stairs, vertigo and good old days are stand outs for me.

the second album is darker but out of the 14 songs there's not one I'd skip. what katie did and last post on the bugle are good

not too big a fan of bs but the second album had some moments on it. I've only heard one song from the solo album and it was really good. steven street made produced it I think. there's also been talk of a reunion as they are on better terms now but I'm not expecting much.

Completely agree with your emboldened faves- Death on the Stairs is especially brilliant. And which song was it you heard from Grace/Wastelands? I'm hoping for a Libs reunion, but not betting on it to be frank.

I like Tell The King and The Man Who Would Be King.

Yeah, death on the stairs is probibly the best song they done. I prefer the ones where both pete and carl sing. they had a very different love hate relationship to what most bands have.

I think it was called last of the roses, really good song but I just didn't get round to buying the album, I might get it now. thinking of that song has got me in the mood for a bit of pete (or peter as he now likes to be called).

Yeah, death on the stairs is probibly the best song they done. I prefer the ones where both pete and carl sing. they had a very different love hate relationship to what most bands have.

I think it was called last of the roses, really good song but I just didn't get round to buying the album, I might get it now. thinking of that song has got me in the mood for a bit of pete (or peter as he now likes to be called).

Last of the English Roses. It was the first single from Grace/Wastelands and he performed it on Jonathan Ross a few months ago.

Last of the English Roses- I love that song :). And yeah, I still haven't got used to calling him 'Peter'.

What A Waster
What A f***ing Waster

My favourite lines from that song:

When she wakes up in the morning
She writes down all her dreams
Reads like the book of Revelations
Or the Beano or the unabridged Ulysses.
Oh i really wanna know
So tell me, where does all the money go where does all the money go
Straight, straight up her nose.

I'm slightly obsessed with the Libertines :p I couldn't really choose my favourite album, they're both better for different moods. Favourite song varies depending how I feel, overall I'd say maybe Love on the Dole, but I love pretty much everything they did :D

Back
Top Bottom