Official YouTube "Live In Dallas" Starplex Amphitheatre 1991 premieres 05/15/2020; two more forthcoming according to Rhino

Also posted by nyc_midy:

As per the Rhino newsletter today:

It may all end tomorrow
Or it could go on forever
The Mozzer's got something to make you smile, mate! He's loading up his official YouTube channel with three concerts. Check out the lineup below (and don't forget to wish him an unhappy birthday on the 22nd).​
Friday 15th May - Live In Dallas (Dallas Starplex Amphitheatre, June 17, 1991)
Friday 22nd May - Live At The Shoreline Amphitheatre (Mountain View, CA, USA, October 31st, 1991)
Friday 29th May - Introducing Morrissey (Recorded at Sheffield’s City Hall & Blackpool’s Winter Gardens, February 7/8, 1995)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did Skinny lose his front-row privileges?

And can anybody tell me the moment Skinny turned on his idol? What was the final straw? I’d love to know.
It was when Morrissey signed up for the Nazi party and started doing the heil Hitler salute.

It will be odd seeing myself on You Tube when You Tube wasn't even a concept when I went to this show. Who knew the internet was going to be this....all those years ago...well except for Al Gore who invented it :rofl:

It was when Morrissey signed up for the Nazi party and started doing the heil Hitler salute.

But seriously, what did Morrissey do to turn super-fan [personal info removed] into tedious pest Uncle Skinny?

But seriously, what did Morrissey do to turn super-fan [personal info removed] into tedious pest Uncle Skinny?
Nothing Morrissey did. Peter missed one too many questions on Mastermind. He blames Morrissey and hates him because of it. :rolleyes: What a racist this Skinny. :grin:

Brief promo via Official FB:

Regards,
FWD.

Nice to hear the word "laserdisc" mentioned. The sound was very good (better than later DVD). I was never able to find production details for LiD but being the US I assume it was at least shot on Betacam SP. If this Youtube release was any different than everything before I'd be shocked, but it's a cool gesture anyway.

We can hope.
I suspect it will be a direct port of the DVD.
As a sad type who bought a laser disc player and own it on LD, the quality on that wasn't anything close to an improvement on the VHS particularly.
11 years ago, when the DVD appeared - I had similar hopes, but no such luck.
Fingers crossed,
Regards,
FWD.

Ha! f***ing Ha! The f***ing hypocrite!

I assume he was on here slating Morrissey at the time like the schizo-freak he clearly is.

Is there any footage of the front row gimp in two-faced action?

What's interesting wrt his complete shambolic two-facedness & hypocrisy, is this is him in the front row cheering on his idol, Moz, in 2009, many years after Panic (allegedly anti-black music & therefore having allegedly 'racist' connotations - 1986), Bengali in Platforms (allegedly racist - 1988), and National Front Disco (allegedly racist - 1992).
Amongst many other things, the man's a walking contradiction who clearly doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

The Live in Dallas and Introducing Morrissey period 91-96 were Morrissey at his peak for me. Great band, energy and quite possibly his best material. Managed to see him in Leicester around 91 and at the Aston Villa leisure centre around 95. The Aston Villa gig was just electric, my favourite Morrissey gig over 30 years.

It was professionally filmed.
The quality of the finished product has always been critiqued as particularly poor.
Quite often the equipment used to record gigs (even back then) recorded at a decent quality and it was the media/players that couldn't take advantage of said.
I won't bore anyone with the specifics of recording devices in the early 90's, sufficed to say that the image could probably be have been a tiny bit better.
FWD.

I'd be interested in reading that, FWD.

Just to clarify: my above post pertained to a wish for a video document of the Your Arsenal tour from '92 (my first time seeing Moz).

I'd be interested in reading that, FWD.

Just to clarify: my above post pertained to a wish for a video document of the Your Arsenal tour from '92 (my first time seeing Moz).
Apols, that post wasn't meant to sound sniping as it probably did - was not intended.
It was more aimed at agreeing with Joe's point re: Betacam & Laser Disc and hoping for a better transfer today on YT.
Regards,
FWD.

Is it likely that the original film used for Dallas could ever result in a blu ray (1080p) remaster? I'm not so hot on the technical possibilities. I suppose it depends on the original method that was used in filming the Dallas '91 show?

Interestingly, the YT vid is reporting to be 4:3 1080 - specifically:
Image:
FHD/30/AVC (4.72Mbit)
Audio:
2ch, 24000Hz

The image is still heavily artefacted, but I think it's comparable to laser disc IIRC.
I will download it at the highest settings and post for posterity here later.
The audio needs scrutiny as it sounds a tiny bit better to my ears currently.
Regards,
FWD.

quite enjoyed that till the mayhem at the end.bozz doing his performance art at 23.10,he exits his stage left and appears stage right.wonder if bozz watches these and thinks i used up so much energy and still put on weight.

Is it likely that the original film used for Dallas could ever result in a blu ray (1080p) remaster? I'm not so hot on the technical possibilities. I suppose it depends on the original method that was used in filming the Dallas '91 show?
they can do just about anything these days even when they used poor quality film stock.will it ever come out on blu ray,i would doubt it as its expensive to do and would they recoup the dough back.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom