Liverpool - no new date, refunds for all

CougarFrog

just checked the website to see if they had some good news on it, but i found this...
http://www.echoarena.com/news/morrissey_ticket_refund.asp

MORRISEY – SATURDAY 7 NOVEMBER 2009

Promoter Statement – updated 16/11/09

The event organisers have been unable to reschedule the Morrissey concert. As previously notified, refunds will be available to all customers who purchased tickets from authorised outlets.

Where possible customers will be notified directly by email.

Please note:

Credit & debit cards will be refunded electronically to the original ticket purchaser only.

Customers who purchased their tickets over the counter / from the Echo Arena Box Office need to go back to their point of purchase. Customers must bring along ID and tickets. Refunds will only be issued to the original ticket purchaser.

Booking fees will be included in the refund.

Refunding will begin from Tuesday 17 November at 9am.

If you have any queries, please contact your ticket provider.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: Liverpool - No new date / Refunds for all

Oh well at least you'll get some money back in time for Christmas...do us a favour though and don't purchase any Morrissey albums for your nearest and dearest

Gutted. :(

Problem is, unless he has a very busy diary for the next 6 months or so, this must surely be a case of won't rather than can't...

Hey ho, at least I didn't get my ticket on ebay.

I think he could've if he'd really wanted to, he'll still be sulking about it.
It would have been a nice gesture to the decent fans of which there are many, I'm quite sure he would've have received the warmest of welcomes too.
Shame.

i really thought this gig would have been resceduled, but at least we all get 35 quid back just before crimbo....and you did get to see him, in a way

To say i'm gutted is an understatement. I wish i'd done to the Quarry night instead of taking my ball home and skulking round a hotel room.

Ahh thats a shame.

But in one way I am glad as I would have spent the whole night wondering if some sad case would try something.

**Just been called this very second by Ticketline who said that the money will be refunded straight back onto my card. They don't need the the tickets back so I suppose they will remain some weird souvenier of the night.**

would rather have the concert than the money, thanks for thinking of the fans, nice one.

One nobhead and one drama queen spoil it for everyone.

I do wonder when Moz will be do his next tour though, wonder if I'll ever get to see him again, the rest of his gigs are in europe and the US aren't they?.He should stick to small gigs in future with nice comfy seats like the Empire, unfortuntely even with the tightest of security you cannot control a whole arena of people.

Last edited:
sorry to disagrre Guenuk ....But At the fecking prices they charge nowadays...I expect NOTHING LESS.......the security was Absolutely abysmal at the Echo Arena.....nothings changed there, so I have heard...Arctic Monkeys got pelted with Plastic Glasses too.....(...Didn't fancy going to the gig, after the Morrissey Travesty...)...ahhh well.....
Maybe I am just getting too old to actually go out and watch a Band play live anymore, without some gob-shite getting Rat-arsed/coked off his or her tits, and spoiling the gig for al the other fans...

Last edited:
Received an email from See Tickets this afternoon requesting the tickets back with a copy of the email for a refund of the 3 tickets. Just in time for xmas. Yay! :)

sorry to disagrre Guenuk ....But At the fecking prices they charge nowadays...I expect NOTHING LESS.......the security was Absolutely abysmal at the Echo Arena.....nothings changed there, so I have heard...Arctic Monkeys got pelted with Plastic Glasses too.....(...Didn't fancy going to the gig, after the Morrissey Travesty...)...ahhh well.....
Maybe I am just getting too old to actually go out and watch a Band play live anymore, without some gob-shite getting Rat-arsed/coked off his or her tits, and spoiling the gig for al the other fans...

Totally agree with you. Different policy with See Tickets and Ticketline, I notice.

artic monkeys got pelted? well theres a bit of good news.

I must have been the only exception to the rule but the security was good from what I experienced..strange eh, like charming man said a while back maybe I just look suspicious:lbf:

I think we all have to be realistic, there is a minority of scally and drunken nobheads both men and women who spoilt it for the silent majority in this country the problem is what is to be done? you can only do so much and controlling an arena full of people in particular is actually impossible so the solution is not to bother doing arenas again, maybe moz should stick to intimate gigs and theatres like the liverpool empire with nice comfy seats

The onus goes back on the performer, no they shouldn't have to put up with stuff being hurled at them but maybe they should be able to put things into some perspective as well.

Whats disappointed me more than anything is the fact that there has been silence from the Morrissey camp, a few words or statement to offer some crumbs of comfort wouldn't go amiss, its not something he has to do but it would have been nice, it wasn't f***ing me who threw something at him or the other 8,999, luckily we don't have to pay the price cos we get our money back....god help the people who had travelling costs though. Its recession and its near chrimbo.

I

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:tears:
cant believe it, i really cant

At least they are giving a refund. So I saw 1.5 songs for free. Unlike the Roundhouse, where I got to see 3 songs for about 30 quid. Swings and roundabouts!

Bummer :( Anyone heard whether Ticketbastard need the actual tickets or if it will be automatically issued?

dont know about ticketmaster but ticketline
let you keep the ticket and send the money
to your account , but seetickets ask for the
ticket to be sent back recorded so you do not
even get it as a souvenir ahhhhh:(

It looked unlikely to reschedule. The existing tour committments, logistics of equipment, short notice to organise, availability of venue.
The poor chance of selling enough tickets to a re-scheduled event at that location, especially considering the reasons first was abandoned.
Also the Tour crew, musicians, etc.. other commitments for next year.
All the insurance, promoters and ticket agent busines issues. Who pays for the losses?
And Morrissey does not appear to be in the best of health.

Sorry for all the disappointed. Was to have been the biggest gig of the tour. Went out with a wimper instead of a bang. Only hope that sometime he will return with new material. Who knows? :(

Tags
bottlegate
Back
Top Bottom