Liverpool - no new date, refunds for all

:mad:
fret not.
:)

My swindon tickets were Ebay and i got refund, my seller was nice guy.

However...

It is EBAY POLICY that buyers have to refund people that bought tickets for gigs that were cancelled or refunded. This became Ebay policy following the Michael Jackson fiasco.

It's there is solid print in their policy that sellers have to refund in full on tickets bought for cancelled or refunded gigs. They HAVE to refund.

With this in mind, contact the seller. If you get no response then raise a dispute (this has to be done within 45 days of purchase, not sure if tickets get a longer limit to raise a dispute). After ten days 'debate' you can escalate to a claim.

If your dispute finds you within ebay policy and your seller out of it then it is very unlikely you will not win.

I have raised disputes, lost none, and have had hundreds returned to me on items that most folk would just think 'one of those things' and make do with just leaving the seller some bad feedback.

Just takes a couple of clicks to get the ball rolling.

:D

This is the response I got today -

"Hi,

I believe the gig was cancelled for some idiot in the crowd throwing something. I did not buy these tickets direct from the promoter so i cant offer any refunds on this occasion i did state in my advert that these were non refundable

Sorry i cant help you any further"

Yet I originally got sent an email stating they were bought direct from the Echo Arena, and a copy of the transaction for a total of 6 tickets (2 I bought). I bought them in August so it's outwith the paypal 45 days. How to sort it ????, if someone else gets a refund for my tickets ,,,,,:mad::mad::mad:

:mad:

This is the response I got today -

"Hi,

I believe the gig was cancelled for some idiot in the crowd throwing something. I did not buy these tickets direct from the promoter so i cant offer any refunds on this occasion i did state in my advert that these were non refundable

Sorry i cant help you any further"

Yet I originally got sent an email stating they were bought direct from the Echo Arena, and a copy of the transaction for a total of 6 tickets (2 I bought). I bought them in August so it's outwith the paypal 45 days. How to sort it ????, if someone else gets a refund for my tickets ,,,,,:mad::mad::mad:

Report the seller both eBay and paypal.
Good luck.

Report the seller both eBay and paypal.
Good luck.

Do that.

In my experience running an Ebay business account, if you take most of the people that tell you they have been 'Ripped off' or 'Scammed' on Ebay, and ask them if they have raised a dispute with the seller and escalated it to a claim through Paypal, it's only a few that have.

The sad truth is, people (and i include myself) more often than not just shrug it off as 'one of those things', which is great for the people that rip people off of course!

This is the trading standards statement made in July that became Ebay policy and got Ebay ticket buyers (that could be bothered to pursue it) their money back:

(Paul Miloseski-Reid, principal trading standards officer in Richmond - home authority for eBay and PayPal)
"Consumers who have purchased tickets from eBay or any other secondary ticket re-seller are legally entitled to obtain a refund from the seller.

‘Michael Jackson was the crux of the contract and obviously cannot simply be replaced by any other performer therefore the contract is known in legal terms to be 'frustrated'.

‘Any payments made before or after the purchase of the ticket are refundable by the seller."

You were sold tickets to a Morrissey concert. Morrissey was the crux of the contract and obviously cannot simply be replaced by any other performer therefore the contract is known in legal terms to be 'frustrated'.

It will not cost you 1p to raise a dispute. The seller and you then have ten days to work it out (paypal see's all exchanges made in the resolution centre), then if they have not refunded you, you can raise to a claim and paypal review the case and refund you.

Has worked for me countless times, as you can tell.

The very best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Thank you, I definitley will. although I thought I would not be able to do this through Paypal as I bought the tickets more than 45 days ago. Utterly determined not to let it lie until I get my money back. The stupid thing is the guy's trying to claim he didn't buy direct from the promoter and his name is printed on the tickets !.

Thank you, I definitley will. although I thought I would not be able to do this through Paypal as I bought the tickets more than 45 days ago.

As i said, thats the only grey area i see for you. But i'd contact Paypal as IMO they must extend the 45 day dispute limit for items that can only prove their worth over that period. I hope they do, but please let us know as it makes a very valid point of only buying Ebay tickets less than 45 days from the gig if that is the case.

Some people have problems with paypal, but i really rate them and even though i have bought and sold many £1k items and got hit by large fees, the fees they charge are still a bargain for me in terms of the money they (not me!) have won back for me.

Last month i transfered a large sum from my paypal account to my bank account, it had been a while since i had move funds and when i clicked 'Send' about two minutes passed with it showing 'pending' and Paypal Canada phoned me on my landline, confirming my address and that it was me making the transfer before they would process it. That is service.

They do work for their fee, if you make them.

Not sure if someones mentioned this but ive just checked ticketmaster and they said if we used a card it will be refunded in the next 15 days:thumb:
im still pissed off though!

Do that.

In my experience running an Ebay business account, if you take most of the people that tell you they have been 'Ripped off' or 'Scammed' on Ebay, and ask them if they have raised a dispute with the seller and escalated it to a claim through Paypal, it's only a few that have.

The sad truth is, people (and i include myself) more often than not just shrug it off as 'one of those things', which is great for the people that rip people off of course!

This is the trading standards statement made in July that became Ebay policy and got Ebay ticket buyers (that could be bothered to pursue it) their money back:

(Paul Miloseski-Reid, principal trading standards officer in Richmond - home authority for eBay and PayPal)
"Consumers who have purchased tickets from eBay or any other secondary ticket re-seller are legally entitled to obtain a refund from the seller.

‘Michael Jackson was the crux of the contract and obviously cannot simply be replaced by any other performer therefore the contract is known in legal terms to be 'frustrated'.

‘Any payments made before or after the purchase of the ticket are refundable by the seller."

You were sold tickets to a Morrissey concert. Morrissey was the crux of the contract and obviously cannot simply be replaced by any other performer therefore the contract is known in legal terms to be 'frustrated'.

It will not cost you 1p to raise a dispute. The seller and you then have ten days to work it out (paypal see's all exchanges made in the resolution centre), then if they have not refunded you, you can raise to a claim and paypal review the case and refund you.

Has worked for me countless times, as you can tell.

The very best of luck to you.

Ebay are sticking to the 45 day rule and the best they can suggest is that I contact the Police ! I'm planning to raise a complaint to Trading Standards against both the seller and ebay. Utterly livid !:mad:

Am sorry to hear that. Ebay are sticking to very clearly written terms, you have 45 days to raise a dispute on any Ebay item so i can't see any point going after them as it's in the terms and conditions you accept when you join.

It is unfortunate that you can buy somthing that cannot prove to be useful/genuine/valid until that period has expired and there is a real case IMO for them to consider widening their terms on such items. The dispute deals with the two merchants you use (Ebay and Paypal), i would imagine the 45 day claim limit is set by Paypal as it is they that recoup the funds from the sellers account. If you pursue further i'd suggest paypal direct rather than Ebay.

You have here uncovered some very important advice for everyone:

Dont buy Ebay tickets more than 45 days from the concert if you want any legal comeback.

Other than that, i always say 'buy the seller' and not the item. The seller of my swindon tickets has hundreds of all positive feedback soley from ticket sales. Feedback like 'great gig' and the like all left after the shows. He emailed me at 6.30 am the morning after the swindon gig offering refund. I bought those tickets a good two months before, only because of this feedback. Needless to say, he is bookmarked and now my default last chance.

I think TS are your best route as it's their ruling that led Ebay. Although i don't know how you would get your funds back, as with disputes on Ebay it is Paypal that get my money back from the vendor. As you can tell i am very pro 'going after them', and your case has already raised a very important point on buying Ebay tickets, if you continue to go through TS then you can do nothing worse that find out useful info for others in the same boat.

Am sorry to hear that. Ebay are sticking to very clearly written terms, you have 45 days to raise a dispute on any Ebay item so i can't see any point going after them as it's in the terms and conditions you accept when you join.

It is unfortunate that you can buy somthing that cannot prove to be useful/genuine/valid until that period has expired and there is a real case IMO for them to consider widening their terms on such items. The dispute deals with the two merchants you use (Ebay and Paypal), i would imagine the 45 day claim limit is set by Paypal as it is they that recoup the funds from the sellers account. If you pursue further i'd suggest paypal direct rather than Ebay.

You have here uncovered some very important advice for everyone:

Dont buy Ebay tickets more than 45 days from the concert if you want any legal comeback.

Other than that, i always say 'buy the seller' and not the item. The seller of my swindon tickets has hundreds of all positive feedback soley from ticket sales. Feedback like 'great gig' and the like all left after the shows. He emailed me at 6.30 am the morning after the swindon gig offering refund. I bought those tickets a good two months before, only because of this feedback. Needless to say, he is bookmarked and now my default last chance.

I think TS are your best route as it's their ruling that led Ebay. Although i don't know how you would get your funds back, as with disputes on Ebay it is Paypal that get my money back from the vendor. As you can tell i am very pro 'going after them', and your case has already raised a very important point on buying Ebay tickets, if you continue to go through TS then you can do nothing worse that find out useful info for others in the same boat.

Sorry to be thick - what do you mean by TS ?! Paypal have already responded that they will not consider the matter - although I will continue to pursue ! In a last ditch attempt I emailed the Echo arena where the original tickets were bought - a very helpful person responded requesting all the details and will look into it and try to help (which was a lot more than I'd expected). The saga continues..........:confused:

TS = Trading Standard Authority

You should contact BBC Radio 4 'You and Yours', 'Money Box', BBC 1 'Watchdog' and your local MP.

Government should be tighten the law to protect consumers.

In my view ebay sellers should be barred from selling tickets at anything over face value, but that's a whole other issue :(

Best of luck monkeygodess...

Thanks..the amount of time I've spent on this in the last week ! I'm not prepared to let it lie. I don't agree with lining the pockets of touts either, I just so wanted to go to the Liverpool gig. I was surprised with the response I got from the Echo, not hugely hopeful but at least they've been more helpful than ebay. Righty ho, now to compose complaint to Trading Standards...will let you all know if I get a result........;)

Tags
bottlegate
Back
Top Bottom