London - Brixton Academy (Mar. 1, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Home Is A Question Mark / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Judy Is A Punk // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey review: Big mouth strikes with more shock and awe by Rick Pearson (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - London Evening Standard. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42364_london-brixton.jpg
  • Morrissey's quest to be disliked continues - Brixton Academy, review by Chris Harvey (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - The Telegraph. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey, Brixton Academy, London — classics and clunkers by Ludovic Hunter-Tilney (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - Financial Times. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
Reviews seem to have decided they are going to give a bad review before the show’s even started - review the show, not the man.

Reviews seem to have decided they are going to give a bad review before the show’s even started - review the show, not the man.
Trouble is, Neal, he's built a career on mouthy pronouncements - a stunt which he's becoming ever-more reliant on - so it's becoming increasingly hard to separate the two. This is his choice - he could just shut up and sing but he's made this verbal incontinence synonymous with who he is so you can't blame people for judging him on it.

Neal. Don’t take offence but: you seem to have only followed him of late. But, this is par for the course. No matter how good he is, he’s getting a shit review. Yip, it’s bonkers, but all true. Frustrating, absolutely.

Im
Trouble is, Neal, he's built a career on mouthy pronouncements - a stunt which he's becoming ever-more reliant on - so it's becoming increasingly hard to separate the two. This is his choice - he could just shut up and sing but he's made this verbal incontinence synonymous with who he is so you can't blame people for judging him on it.
im happy for them to do a general piece on him/career, but it’s separate to a review of a show (a ‘music’ event!).

I had the same feeling after reading those shameful reviews. The people who wrote them don't even try to hide the fact they are crucifying Morrissey for his political views. They even show their hands after throwing the stone as if they were competing between them to hit harder, like the good nazis at heart they are. Or maybe they are just cheap mercenaries. Who knows.

Bring back free speech (Morrissey)

What I find amusing is the writers attempt to pretend that people in general agree with them. Terrible new album that went top ten and had a popular single. His quest to make people dislike him as he sings to sold out crowds in large venues. I’m not saying that people don’t dislike some of what morrissey says but the idea that he’s being abandoned by his fans or that every hatesvthe new albums just seems objectively incorrect and exaggerated wishful thinking by angry fanatical people

What I find amusing is the writers attempt to pretend that people in general agree with them. Terrible new album that went top ten and had a popular single. His quest to make people dislike him as he sings to sold out crowds in large venues. I’m not saying that people don’t dislike some of what morrissey says but the idea that he’s being abandoned by his fans or that every hatesvthe new albums just seems objectively incorrect and exaggerated wishful thinking by angry fanatical people

Thanks God Morrissey has a public voice, no matter our personal opinion about each one of his ideas. He deserves to be listened and respected because he is a very good artist who has something to say. That's not very usual in our contemporary world. He totally won it, and he continues fighting for his place. That's great, you can't say that about a lot of artists who have way better press coverage. Sad.

Nah us swedes are seen as very reliable which is why you lot all drive a Volvo when you have young kids. Pardon me for riding on the wave of being seen as nice and reliable when selling myself with a swedish smile.

Americans always compete at everything which is why they are always so mad and stressed out whereas swedes just sit back and allow the state to take care of them or decide to start a company cause if it fails they won't end up a bag lady like you.

That american flag they folded so nicely at the funeral does it warm you much at night cause it seem awfully thin and silky for my liking.

f***in dipshit.

Just another message to ask if anyone has any videos taken during ‘Hold On To Your Friends’, aside from the ‘Baby J’ one posted on YouTube?

Wino Sophie was there queueing, in the middle of the cold and snow since an early hour! :crazy::sick::crazy:

Crazy one!

he continues fighting for his place. That's great, you can't say that about a lot of artists who have way better press coverage.
Like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs for instance, or the National, with singers who say meaningless things and yet they always get rave reviews.

Every Morrissey move and quote is commented by the NME and pitchfork, he still pretty lucky. These websites could ignore him and make economical boycotting: Siouxsie for instance spent the 2000s with no support of those websites and that was hard for her to get heard in those conditions. Press has always given original artists a hard time

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom