London - London Palladium (Mar. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I Wish You Lonely / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / How Soon Is Now? / November Spawned A Monster / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // The Last Of The Famous International Playboys

Setlist provided by @ConorMac1903 / Twitter, corrections by Gaetano and Famous when dead.

• Photo posted by Kevin Cummins (@KCMANC / Twitter). Link posted by Famous when dead.

At least a few fans got on stage - very heavy security though #Morrissey #LondonPalladium

42495_london-palladium.jpg
  • Morrissey - London Palladium - Saturday 10th March 2018 (53 total) - @Raph_PH / Flickr. Link posted by raphph.

42562_london-palladium5.jpg

• Image posted by @almostexact / Instagram:

“London Palladium I go where you go” #morrissey #morrisseytour2018

42497_london-palladium3.jpg

Last edited:
On what concern me I don’t agree. I was very happy to go to see Morrissey but I wouldn’t say that I was obsessed. I have been listening to him since the Smiths era, but in a rational way.

I would not compare my post gig excitement to Hitler followers. I won’t become vegan and won’t agree with every word he says. I would say that my experience is more a Stendhal syndrome post exposure to an incredible piece of art. He was magnificent in this tour, absolutely incredible.
You're a rare fan then and perhaps the only good example and you should be proud of yourself.

You're a rare fan then and perhaps the only good example and you should be proud of yourself.
I'd say most Morrissey fans fall under the spectrum of normal - it's only the fawning 'front row' crowd and perhaps a fair proportion of this site's very followers that differ.

( ... but next gig I might not dislike to attemp a stage invasion, just a little shy and polite one :rofl:)

Feeling flat after any event with a big build up and anticipation is completely normal. When it stops you from daily function - that's a much different issue and probably indicates more long-term underlying issues.
The interpretation of fan's behaviour is almost always more indicative of your own narratives & agendas than the fans concerned.
I've behaved pretty consistently in my Morrissey appreciation in almost 36 years (if anything: probably mellowing).
Besides the troll-minded types that thrive on reaction, the fanaticism you see here is no different whatsoever to the Star Wars/computer game/cabbage patch/beanie baby/stamp/car/antique collector communities et al etc.... You get the idea.
So, there is nothing really extraordinary in the level of scrutiny Morrissey gets here compared to practically any other topic does on the Internet. The main difference here is the reaction to said that people emote to the point of distraction and hyperbole daily.
If I could wish anything for this place besides consistent removal of posts that clog information threads - it would be one simple thing: to give every single argument-hungry person the ability to understand that subjective arguments have no right or wrong despite all that their brain might tell them and that not saying anything, humility and positive communication will always outweigh reactive nonsense and troll behaviour (believe it or not, you can present a dislike of Morrissey to a diverse group of strangers without being an ass).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
48 hours later and still all abuzz from what I consider one of the finest concerts/ gigs/ shows I've been to. By anyone. It really was that spectacular a night. For me

'Mrs' Bluebird who usually tolerates this/ my sort of thing was enraptured, engrossed and thought he was truly wonderful.

If that is the final time I see Morrissey I'm glad I saw him at his unbridled best. I'm sure I'll venture forth in future but I honestly didn't think he still had a night like that in him. Life is full of surprises.

Thinking back to this time last week í can hardly believe it happened still. {Despite the satin dancin'}.

And never mind him, í honestly didn't think that í still had a night like that in me...

from SER ~

"Jack the Ripper"

28765919_601880703537412_3355020003987423232_n.jpg

~ cue London Fog...

M.'s Mother & Sister are viewing just to the right.

Feeling flat after any event with a big build up and anticipation is completely normal. When it stops you from daily function - that's a much different issue and probably indicates more long-term underlying issues.
The interpretation of fan's behaviour is almost always more indicative of your own narratives & agendas than the fans concerned.
I've behaved pretty consistently in my Morrissey appreciation in almost 36 years (if anything: probably mellowing).
Besides the troll-minded types that thrive on reaction, the fanaticism you see here is no different whatsoever to the Star Wars/computer game/cabbage patch/beanie baby/stamp/car/antique collector communities et al etc.... You get the idea.
So, there is nothing really extraordinary in the level of scrutiny Morrissey gets here compared to practically any other topic does on the Internet. The main difference here is the reaction to said that people emote to the point of distraction and hyperbole daily.
If I could wish anything for this place besides consistent removal of posts that clog information threads - it would be one simple thing: to give every single argument-hungry person the ability to understand that subjective arguments have no right or wrong despite all that their brain might tell them and that not saying anything, humility and positive communication will always outweigh reactive nonsense and troll behaviour (believe it or not, you can present a dislike of Morrissey to a diverse group of strangers without being an ass).
Regards,
FWD.

giphy.gif

any truth to the rumors of LA shows "soon"? it's been a long time since he played a small venue in LA. :pray:

To wit ~

"Snatching the eternal out of the desperately fleeting is the great magic trick of human existence."

~ Tennessee Williams...or was it Kenneth...?

This gig was so good God gave up and retired for good.

"I can't beat that" he said in a quote to a reporter from Heavenly Above.

Nooooo! Surely not? No, I don't think poor old Kenny did much kissing of anybody, poor sod. Hoping he's having more fun wherever he is now.

Well, in my head they are; and don't call me Shirley.

KW & the ghost of a troubled Orton will be having a ball, í'm certain, whether in the penthouse or the basement.

Morrissey gigs at the London Palladium are always great and memorable! And with stage invasions!:thumb::guitar::rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom