London - Royal Albert Hall (Mar. 7, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Suedehead / When You Open Your Legs / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / How Soon Is Now? / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / I'm Not Sorry // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by docinwestchester via @ConorMac1903 / Twitter.

Last edited:
Betty Dwyer?? Surely not?! And can anyone work out who the other one might be?

It looks like '...lamb above the ground', or something similar - presumably the first word is cut off. Be amusing if it got torn to shreds when he tossed it into the crowd, so no one can read it.

Also it looks like '...STY DWYER' to me. No idea what the first word could be, unless it's a joke - like 'Busty', or 'Rusty', etc.

That sucks if you're sitting in row A. And prefer to stay seated.
That's what your couch is for! There should be no such thing as seats at concerts, unless its a classical concert or if people have special needs. That's just my opinion! Stand up and move and enjoy the concert, especially for pop/rock.

Its amazing to me that so many UK Morrissey, fans many of whom are not more than months away from their senior bus pass, still seem to want to be stage-rushing imbeciles.
Your post is slightly imbecilic itself. I don't even care what 'old' means to you. You're complaining that they have some life in them, instead of being zombies? Or were you pushed out of the way? If it somehow ruined your concert experience then fair enough I appreciate your comment. If it's just an ageist rant then I don't.

The shirt toss is now completely out of hand. It's an unedifying spectacle to see men in their fifties fight long into the night over a shred of cotton.Pathetic and embarrassing for those involved. My idea would be for a raffle to be held and the lucky winner to be presented with the shirt in its entirety by Moz or a band member.

The shirt toss is now completely out of hand. It's an unedifying spectacle to see men in their fifties fight long into the night over a shred of cotton.Pathetic and embarrassing for those involved. My idea would be for a raffle to be held and the lucky winner to be presented with the shirt in its entirety by Moz or a band member.
That's not going to happen (even though it's eminently sensible). I think he likes the excitement of the violence, and the fact that people are literally fighting over his sweaty shirt. I suppose it must be quite an ego shot, when you think about it.

Still looks like a lovely royalist venue and I've only been once to see Sinead O'Connor which happened by chance as the ticket touts were desperate to sell remaining tickets just as the doors opened.

I spent the time before the gig having drinks with a gay London bloke hitting on me and listening to all the swedes that were there trying to find their seats.

It is a close call between that gig and Manchester Uni on a Friday when it comes to my personal experience of seeing many lesbian couples in the same place at once eating their faces off.

Morrissey in a royalist venue is very interesting.

What the actual f*** are you on about you absolute spastic?

f***ing mong

Totally agree. It is a horror to witness lately, not to mention dangerous for those around who choose not to be involved.
I could never get the appeal of having a scrap of shirt. I'd want the entire shirt. Or nothing. But that's just me.

Totally agree. It is a horror to witness lately, not to mention dangerous for those around who choose not to be involved.
I could never get the appeal of having a scrap of shirt. I'd want the entire shirt. Or nothing. But that's just me.
It’s mainly the UK ones as well, I got a sleeve in Ljubljana having travelled over from the UK. It was reasonably civilised, everyone held on until a fella got his keys out and cut it into even bits dependent on what we had hold of.

Wouldn’t dream of going for it over here though, when you’ve got twats in their fifties offering out teenagers over a piece of Morrissey’s collar. It’s embarrassing to watch.

Hew= did have a go at security along the lines it's not much fun them staring straight at people looking bored, we don't have them at the proms why are they here.

They moved off to the side afterwards.

Great gig, very strong setlist (best of the tour gigs I’ve seen anyway, fantastic to start with playboys and have speedway in the set
( which does beg the question are the rest of the tour dates just roadtests for the marquee London events where the band go through the album tracks and tune up the flow of the set for London? Does seem London fans (also with the London shop, do seem to get preferential treatment. (LA, I would wager similarly gets better treatment over the rest of the US cities too)

My first time in the Albert Hall and I thought it a venue of fitting status & size for Morrissey singing at a level as he currently is, fantastic vocals from him and to be fair I thought the band played as well as I’ve heard them

At the point when he was criticising the security & complaining about the strong spotlight giving him a headache that may lead to him going home early, I did for a minute worry that he was for a swift exit, considering the jostling in the crowd at stage front that I could see from where we were in the Rousing circle, though given the status of the Albert Hall, going off early & given the money people had paid to be there, was perhaps too much even for him to stop early (call my cynical

(the crowd at the proms aren’t trying to storm the stage to hug the lead tenor or conductor / get albums signed, so it’s a poor comparison, the proms crowd also have a standing section , so aren’t queue jumping in front of people who’ve paid a lot more for the expensive seats at the front. (could argue either way on this distribution of access when Morrissey took to the stage!)

Overall , great experience seeing him in this legendary venue, pleasing he was on such good form, the band played so well and the setlist was as good as it’s been (why wasn’t it like that in Aberdeen, Glasgow etc though??)

Enjoy the rest of the gigs in London those that are going , sadly I can’t make the gigs as back up north now, fingers crossed for more dates later in the year.

Yeah but holding a raffle would ruin the tribute. For morrissey I imagine the whole throwing out the shirt is a nod towards performers of another time when people madly adored singers as idols and sex symbols. Holding a raffle would just make it about collecting and less romantic I imagine for him

It's undignified for the people who participate in it, as well as the nearly 60 year old pulling his tits out every night. If I wanted to see podgy old men in states of partial undress, I'd work in a nursing home.

Then again, he could go the whole hog and call out bingo numbers as well. :)

Last edited:
Hope they have a good time with the ex-Smiths racist-sympathizer. Ho ho - if only they knew what they've given their money too. Or maybe they don't care? Maybe they all love Anne-Marie Waters, Marine Le-Pen, Farage et al, and maybe they all agree that Brexit was 'magnificent'?

Skinny, all this upset is causing you to lose your grip on English now.
Le-Pen? Anne-Marie? Ditch those hyphens."Too" instead of to? And even the American spelling of sympathisers?
Tut tut.

Yeah but holding a raffle would ruin the tribute. For morrissey I imagine the whole throwing out the shirt is a nod towards performers of another time when people madly adored singers as idols and sex symbols. Holding a raffle would just make it about collecting and less romantic I imagine for him
the Elvis quote.
“My fans want my shirt, they can have my shirt, they put it on my back.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom