Los Angeles, CA - Galen Center at USC (Dec. 31, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / This Charming Man / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / You'll Be Gone / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / All The Lazy Dykes / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / What She Said / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by ADAM, leedoggpimp, dewdrop.

Last edited:
I thought for sure he was going to announce his retirement, i think he loves his band too much to do that. He was in very good spirits at the end of the night...on to Vegas. Who was the woman in the new backdrop?

Diana Dors

any chance we can get the WAV file?

The SiriusXM broadcast is lossy, or compressed. In this case, converting the mp3 to WAV will result in serious file bloat without any improvement in sound quality.

Any particular reason you want WAV files?

He did say Happy New Year's Eve and Happy Holidays when when he took the stage right before the first song Suedehead. It disturbed me that he said "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas. It is so funny how people listen to this show in Azabakstain, Ipswich Town United, and Bazel, and say "oh this is his best show ever" I think he is "going to retire". Yeah, he retired from playing in your countries. His best shows are always in his hometown Moz Angeles and California. I did start to get bored since he just played a show here 4 months ago. Maybe he should do a "Summer 2016 Meat Belt Tour" of the Midwest and do a residency at the "Airagon Ballroom" He needs to give us a break, but on to Vegas tomorrow. Anonymous-

The SiriusXM broadcast is lossy, or compressed. In this case, converting the mp3 to WAV will result in serious file bloat without any improvement in sound quality.

Any particular reason you want WAV files?

I wasn't aware the orig file was lossy. Thanks for the response.

the fm transmission is compressed but it can be captured as wav rather than mp3. there is no such thing as something being broadcast as an mp3

Very good.

My first Morrissey concert. It was exhilarating being in the pit with all the singing fans. I will remember this night forever. Hope he doesn't stop singing, writing or whatever his future plans are. You are the man Mr. Morrissey and thank you.

He did say Happy New Year's Eve and Happy Holidays when when he took the stage right before the first song Suedehead. It disturbed me that he said "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas.

You find it disturbing that Morrissey didn't wish you Merry Christmas? I find that disturbing. Did you want him to sing Silent Night as well and then ask you to climb upon his knee sonnyboy?

He did say Happy New Year's Eve and Happy Holidays when when he took the stage right before the first song Suedehead. It disturbed me that he said "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas. It is so funny how people listen to this show in Azabakstain, Ipswich Town United, and Bazel, and say "oh this is his best show ever" I think he is "going to retire". Yeah, he retired from playing in your countries. His best shows are always in his hometown Moz Angeles and California. I did start to get bored since he just played a show here 4 months ago. Maybe he should do a "Summer 2016 Meat Belt Tour" of the Midwest and do a residency at the "Airagon Ballroom" He needs to give us a break, but on to Vegas tomorrow. Anonymous-

Ok, wait...you are on this site all the time but you got bored at a Morrissey concert? I havr heard everything now. Jack the Ripper was mind blowing.

WOW. Flawless. Mr. Moz looks very healthy (Saw muscles from way back) which is always a concern. And the voice was as strong as ever. Good show my man. Peace!

Thanks to the fella who streamed the entire gig via Periscope. Outstanding job. I have no idea how he held the phone up for so long. Perfect streaming for sure. It felt like I was there. He even included the punch-up over Mozzers shirt after the show ended. Brilliant! Brilliant concert. Mozzers as good as ever!

Love me , hate me , piss on me , wish death on me !
All that aside a good friend of this site cancelled out recently to concentrate his efforts on beating that bastard disease CANCER !
4ck you cancer !
Can we all join together for one of our own and wish ERIC HARTMAN Happy new year and the will to keep fighting that bastard disease cancer please ?
4CK THAT CANCER ERIC ! ( and please come back, I miss you )

Benny-the-British-Butcher

He played 23 songs... Can anyone recall him playing that many at a concert before?

Last time he did that many song may have been Hollywood Bowl 2007, I think that was his best show, this one came in at #2, I've seen Morrissey a lot....

I think he picked a different accent for each bit of banter, it was bizarre. Also why didn't he push the concert to coincide with midnight to do a countdown with the crowd? I'd be bummed if I paid all that money and then was left ringing in the New Year in the scary streets of University Park. :squiffy:

His voice sounded nice.

Last edited:
Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing or you don't realize how good you have it, until it's gone...well for six months, anonymous coward c***s. Anonymous-

This was my first Morrissey concert and I had an amazing time, I feel like an idiot for not going to one sooner since I've been a fan of his since High School.

Security didn't seem to mind me bringing a camera into the venue, I shot these from the pit, around 6 rows from center stage using a fixed-frame DSLR-style camera. Photo set from last night: http://tinyurl.com/ha3as8p.

A few notes:
There were no stage invasions, but many attempts during the encore. Moz threw two shirts into the crowd, both were fought over, the second still being fought over past the show's end. Many attendees were slightly upset that the show didn't include an opening act which could have pushed Moz's set to end at or continue past midnight. There was also plenty of chatter over the possibility of another retirement announcement.

Overall, I had an amazing time and I'd be happy if this ends up being the only time I saw him live.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom