Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood High School (Mar. 2, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Let Me Kiss You // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by sdmfjuan, correction by !Viva Hate!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone who posted the videos and pics. I couldn't make it to this show so its much appreciated. Morrissey looks sexy as ever. I almost fainted when he took his shirt off. :D

It was a lovely show. My faith in humanity and the Morrissey community in particular was reinforced by the fact that in bouncing up and down my wallet popped out of my pocket, and a very kind person turned it into security, with all cards and cash intact. Thanks to whomever that was, and thanks to Amanda for the tickets.

And the many faces of Moz..(if I do this properly)

72313_10151328788168601_1363555568_n.jpg

602824_10151328788248601_354414401_n.jpg

306126_10151328788513601_1473593965_n.jpg

581856_10151328789118601_1360165467_n.jpg

602817_10151328789368601_1072526975_n.jpg

Thanks everyone who posted the videos and pics. I couldn't make it to this show so its much appreciated. Morrissey looks sexy as ever. I almost fainted when he took his shirt off. :D

Here's 1 for you..

155990_10151328793033601_267259200_n.jpg

More faces of Moz..

482716_10151328789508601_1049993577_n.jpg

529707_10151328790143601_2043157924_n.jpg

382307_10151328790233601_985140511_n.jpg

394651_10151328790483601_911898231_n.jpg

69599_10151328791468601_1278214321_n.jpg

I arrived in Hollywood around 4pm thinking I could do a little sight-seeing before Morrissey’s performance at the local high school, but I was wrong. The Will Call line was practically around the corner at that point and I realized I would have to stand for hours just to get inside. But don’t worry, I didn’t panic on the streets of Hollywood. (Get it?)

Instead I decided to have a nice dinner before the show since I figured there wouldn’t be any concessions inside. It’s not like Hollywood High School has concerts of this caliber every weekend so I (correctly) predicted it would be somewhat chaotic.

The restaurant I decided to eat at was the Hard Rock Cafe. I’ve never eaten at one of these places and I didn’t think I would like it as much as I did. Maybe it was the rock n’ roll atmosphere but my steak and mashed potatoes were very tasty.

With my hunger satiated I was now ready to mingle with my fellow Moz fanatics and make small talk as we waited to be let indoors. The people in line looked like they were stuck in the year 1991 and of course this drew a lot of attention from the people driving by on Sunset Blvd.

“Hey! What are you guys waiting in line for?”, people would scream at us.

One guy even asked if the Morrissey we were waiting in line for was the Prime Minister of Ghana. I immediately Wikipedia’d that obscure observation and no, the Prime Minister of Ghana is not named Morrissey. It’s not even a British guy. I think we were trolled.

Standing in line for two hours is never a fun experience but with Morrissey fans it’s somehow different. We have a “connection” and we are all usually very nice to one another. Although, I did witness a fight between two young hooligans at the Staples Center concert the night before. Seriously though, who fights at a Morrissey concert?

No fights were witnessed while waiting in line this evening but there sure was plenty of drinking. The sidewalk smelled and looked like a dive bar, which isn’t too out of place in Hollyweird.

By the time we got to the Will Call table I realized I had forgotten my driver’s license at home. The people working the table didn’t want to let me in despite the fact that I had the original credit card used to purchase the tickets, my cars registration card that clearly states my name and address, and an e-mail receipt of my ticket purchase. It wasn’t until I showed them my Instagram account that they confirmed by identity and decided to let me in.

Once inside, I made my way to the only urinal in the building designed for a grown man. There were only two urinals and one of them was apparently fabricated for a 3-foot-tall high school student. The bathroom scenario was a nightmare because it was small, cramped, and over one hundred years old (literally).

Despite the bathroom woes, the auditorium itself was spectacular. I couldn’t gain access to the “pit” because it was already full and security guards were restricting access. I grabbed a seat about 15 rows back and it was still really close. I think the auditorium holds less than 2,000 people from the conversations I heard in line.

It wasn’t long after sitting down that Kristeen Young took the stage. I’m not her biggest fan in the world but I’ve been entertained by her the last couple of times she’s opened up for Morrissey.

Her music is a mixture of pop/rock/electronica and her vocals are all over the place. Sometimes she’s screaming, other times she’s humming. And she’s always jumping around.

It can’t be easy to open up for Morrissey but I think Kristeen Young did a fine job. She only performed about five songs because the concert started late and that was more than enough for most people.

After the obligatory 20-minute Morrissey-picked music video pre-program from some of his favorite artists like Sparks and the New York Dolls, the curtain dropped and out came Russell Brand.

Brand is a well-known Morrissey fan and he gave a very heartfelt speech of what Morrissey means to him and why he’s so important. He made a few people cry and even got choked up himself when talking about his childhood.

After the speech, Morrissey was introduced and the place immediately sprang to life.

Morrissey looked like he was in the best shape he’s been in for a long while and his bandmates complimented his style nicely by wearing their usual matching t-shirts. I couldn’t make out what the t-shirt logo was but from where I was sitting it looked like some obscure Who logo. I could be wrong.

Once the set was on its way, so was the crowd. I would venture to say that 90% of the people in attendance were “real” fans with the other 10% being actual teachers from the high school and industry insiders that are common at these type of shows.

The setlist was composed mostly of Morrissey songs and only about three or four Smiths tunes. The vast majority of the songs were slow with the exception of “Still Ill.”

Even though this was a somewhat mellow performance on Morrissey’s part, he made up for it with his back-and-forth banter with the crowd.

The highlight of the evening was when he brought a nine-year-old boy named Devon on stage with him during the encore and actually carried him on his side as he sang “The Boy With The Thorn In His Side.”

Overall, this wasn’t Morrissey’s greatest performance but the man is just getting back in the saddle after being sick the last couple of months.

Also, it’s not often we’re treated to such an intimate venue and I’m glad to have been able to attend. I doubt Morrissey will ever perform in such a small place and this concert will probably go down as one of his most memorable simply because of the location.

it was a good concert. the strangest thing was witnessing a transexual fan who i was later told was on morrissesys guestlist leave the concert in tears because the security were hassling fans about standing up at the railing at the beginning of the concert. all that got sorted out and because of immaturity or odd hormones the particular fan missed out on a great show. LAME

OF course he did, which is is why he put it in his pocket rather than throwing the Rose back into the crowd. It is not made up shit, you are just too ignorant to see!

Take a deep breath, go back and read what I said again. If someone gives you something as a present, let's say a set of Boots Cosmetics, do you throw it back at them saying it wasn't what you wanted? Of course not. And furthermore, by not throwing it back, it doesn't make you a member of the Boots Cosmetic Society, does it? Are you really so demented you cannot see the difference between taking a gift, and knowingly participating in a transaction? The answer, it appears, is yes. By the way, do you want to join the Boots Cosmetic Society? We have a great membership card, and pass around a tube of foundation from person to person. We adore the CEO. *swoon*

P.

Take a deep breath, go back and read what I said again. If someone gives you something as a present, let's say a set of Boots Cosmetics, do you throw it back at them saying it wasn't what you wanted? Of course not. And furthermore, by not throwing it back, it doesn't make you a member of the Boots Cosmetic Society, does it? Are you really so demented you cannot see the difference between taking a gift, and knowingly participating in a transaction? The answer, it appears, is yes. By the way, do you want to join the Boots Cosmetic Society? We have a great membership card, and pass around a tube of foundation from person to person. We adore the CEO. *swoon*

P.

So, Morrissey plucked a blue rose from the audience, the evening after he had received the Blue Rose Society ring? I'd say he was fully aware.

A friend of mine associated with the music industry attended and stated that there are apparently no complimentary tickets set aside for the tour, everyone pays, which I found interesting and smart of Moz. Additionally, as I don’t think anyone here has mentioned them here yet, he noted that Gwen Stefani (and her assistant Gavin) were in attendance, leaving 3 songs from the end, as well as Joaquin Phoenix.

P.

If you watch the footage from the Alma Matters footage, you will see that he wasn't just given it. He spots it and then deliberately plugs it from the crowd (at ca 2:45 min). Your Boots analysis is utter crap and just shows how you deal with stuff you don't like. A bully and a fool!

If you watch the footage from the Alma Matters footage, you will see that he wasn't just given it. He spots it and then deliberately plugs it from the crowd (at ca 2:45 min). Your Boots analysis is utter crap and just shows how you deal with stuff you don't like. A bully and a fool!

It's clear I'm 'dealing' with someone of very limited mental capacity here. I actually feel pity for you. Go and cry to someone else, you're blocked.

P.

He 'accepted' nothing. Someone gave him something and out of politeness he took it. Saying he 'accepted' something implies being involved in some sort of knowing bargain. Being the decent cove he is, he took something. So f***ing what? He's taken countless things from fans at the front over the years, records, pictures, clothing - all sorts of stuff, but none of those mean he's part of some f***ing stupid made-up shit. Get a f***ing life, you dork.

P.

Is there any need for your nasty angry response? Accepted is the correct word, he often refuses flowers from the crowd - therefore in this instance he ACCEPTED a rose from someone! I'm simply pointing out what happened, anyone would think that I've insulted your mother or something! You are probably the main reason that this site gets such a bad reputation, even more so than all the anonymous trolls.

Is there any need for your nasty angry response? Accepted is the correct word, he often refuses flowers from the crowd - therefore in this instance he ACCEPTED a rose from someone! I'm simply pointing out what happened, anyone would think that I've insulted your mother or something! You are probably the main reason that this site gets such a bad reputation, even more so than all the anonymous trolls.

Go back and read what I said again. You clearly cannot distinguish between someone getting a gift and wilingly participating in a transaction. Go and have a really, really deep think about it. And you're blocked.

P.

Go back and read what I said again. You clearly cannot distinguish between someone getting a gift and wilingly participating in a transaction. Go and have a really, really deep think about it. And you're blocked.

P.

Go and have a really, really deep think about how to spell willingly.

P.

Go back and read what I said again. Morrissey knew about Blue Rose Society when he plucked the rose from the audience, he was fully aware what it meant. May I ask what causes such aggression against a group of friendly sane people who show Morrissey their appreciation by bringing him flowers? You're clearly behaving irrational.

P.

What is it that I cannot distinguish? Accepted means to take or receive something offered, which is exactly what happened!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom