Los Angeles, CA - "The Late Late Show with James Corden" (Nov. 7, 2018) - Reminder/Reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Late Late Show with James Corden" on Nov. 7, 2018.

Link posted by countthree:

Link posted by docinwestchester:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey Pumps Up 'Late Late Show' With Lively Rendition of Pretenders' 'Back on the Chain Gang': Watch - Billboard

44847_Morrissey-corden-billboard-1548.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Morrissey Late Show With James Pictures and Images (6 total) - Getty Images. Link via @ericacalil / Twitter.

44858_gettyimages-1059690836-1024x1024.jpg

Terence Patrick/CBS

Image posted by Famous when dead (from @officialmoz Tweet now reposted):

44804_44794_IMG_20181106_162121.jpg

Last edited:
Reckon fek mate AztecCamera's mile-end-pier-amusements balderdash diatribes, now apparently immune to the 'dislike' button have the brillig digital ghost of a commenter erupting into fits of slamming the troll rating toward them what dare enact critiques. Reckon fekkkkk mate your wilting hand is weary. Fek fek, etc. fek

Last edited:
Yeah, I wondered that. Maybe it's just because he wasn't there for the recording, hence Jesse was tasked with it, and since nobody has the balls to tell him, he's kept doing it. I have wondered what Boz must think, having to stand there strumming and listen to that embarrassing butchery.
Imagine miming the instruments, whilst the singing is live, easy enough. Try doing that in reverse, quite difficult I would say. Being the anorak I am, I have listened to the official video lyrics whilst listening to this "Live" performance simultaneously, sounds exactly the same lyrically, I even think the cheers from the crowd are added, but many pop stars mime anyway, so if that's the case OK, so am I wrong??

Imagine miming the instruments, whilst the singing is live, easy enough. Try doing that in reverse, quite difficult I would say. Being the anorak I am, I have listened to the official video lyrics whilst listening to this "Live" performance simultaneously, sounds exactly the same lyrically, I even think the cheers from the crowd are added, but many pop stars mime anyway, so if that's the case OK, so am I wrong??
Not sure what your point is. Are you saying Morrissey is miming? It doesn't look like it to me. And his mic is certainly live because it's picking up all those random handclaps.

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying Morrissey is miming? It doesn't look like it to me. And his mic is certainly live because it's picking up all those random handclaps.
You think a decent producer can't add a few hand claps ??

I knowwwwww! <3
i stood directly in front of bernard when new order played miami in 2016. i know he's much older than when JD
was the shit...but what a sad and bitter looking man i thought. he sorta skipped around, old guy body, most of the music was programmed, so his playing wasn't much of a deal.
sorry, dont mean to poop on BB

You know where I have seen Boz repeatedly be enthusiastic -- when you bump into him on tour and he is on the lookout for record shops.

Not so unusual for a man who runs his own shop, but its always nice to see someone's eyes light up when you talk about finding that odd ol' gem in the bin.

MrShoes

...... He plays how he "thinks" the song goes or completely changes it up as to be often times almost unrecognizable. To rack it up to "Morrissey prefers it" is ridiculous and a cop-out.

These are well written compositions by Marr, Street and Whyte that are getting flat out sonically abused by Jesse Tobias. It never ends. Every day it's another performance that leaves you thinking what the hell? What the Hell did Jesse just play? Does he even have any kind of grasp on these older catalog songs? He's butchering the integrity of the compositions.

Completely agree - we've heard all sorts of excuses for Jesse. "Moz told him to play it like that / Morrissey prefers that sound / He's only following orders" and whatever else. It's an excuse which half-suggests that Jesse is really a superb guitarist (underneath it all) & it's just Morrissey's fault that he sounds so shit all the time. It doesn't add up. Turn the tables; if Jesse walked in one day and played a chiming, flawless rendition of a Smiths song, can you imagine Moz saying, "Oh no, I don't like that at all! Miss out some notes and make it sounds more clumsy and amateurish, please." It would never happen. The situation is all the more baffling when you consider that Moz has been fairly harsh about the musical limitations of others in the past (Spencer and Mikey Farrell spring to mind) and yet he carries this deadwood around without comment.

John Maher aka "Johnny Marr" is the most overrated guitarist in history. Morrissey has completely separated himself from when he moved to Mankchester in 1978 from his home in the San Fernando Valley to chase his punk rock dream. He does not want foreigners in his band anymore. Blob (Boz) is supposed to be the California Son's "musical director". His fingers are too fat to play anything and Morrissey's current band has been playing together so long they don't need any help or direction. Boz needs to be fired. Drop the dead weight Uncle Steve. Even though Boz says Moz Angeles is his second home, his refusal to live in Moz Angeles like the rest of the band because he is too fat, must really make Morrissey upset. Just have Kylie in the Rancho Cucamonga office fire Boz mate in nnn nnn nnnn n it reckon. Morrissey doesn't give a shit about Smiths songs. He just plays them as fillers because people want to hear them. Ever look at his face when he sings HSIN? Guess not because he only comes to your town every 8 years.

Last edited:
John Maher aka "Johnny Marr" is the most overrated guitarist in history. Morrissey has completely separated himself from when he moved to Mankchester in 1978 from his home in the San Fernando Valley to chase his punk rock dream. He does not want foreigners in his band anymore. Blob (Boz) is supposed to be the California Son's "musical director". His fingers are too fat to play anything and Morrissey's current band has been playing together so long they don't need any help or direction. Boz needs to be fired. Drop the dead weight Uncle Steve. Even though Boz says Moz Angeles is his second home, his refusal to live in Moz Angeles like the rest of the band because he is too fat, must really make Morrissey upset. Just have Kylie in the Rancho Cucamonga office fire Boz mate in nnn nnn nnnn n it reckon. Morrissey doesn't give a shit about Smiths songs. He just plays them as fillers because people want to hear them. Ever look at his face when he sings HSIN? Guess not because he only comes to your town every 8 years.

Your post really wasn't worth taking the time to type out. It fell flat.

Couldn't agree with you more. The sound was just off. And that is the most memorable part of the song, so it should have sounded right. The crap playing coupled with the face grimace makes a mockery of the whole band.

Jesse is having a bad week. He also botched the opening of Playboys a few days ago.

Jesse is having a bad week. He also botched the opening of Playboys a few days ago.

A perfect example of how Jesse is a serious problem. This trouble with him has gone on way too long now. It needs to be addressed. The guy needs to go.

big Pretenders fan and it's a great song to begin with, but I have to say... Morrissey does raise it up a few notches, preferring Jesse's playing and tone, and Morrissey's voice brings much more weight to the song.

You are INSANE gurl!

If not for the title above, I wouldn't even have recognised that song for the first 10 seconds. He is an embarrassment.

i stood directly in front of bernard when new order played miami in 2016. i know he's much older than when JD
was the shit...but what a sad and bitter looking man i thought. he sorta skipped around, old guy body, most of the music was programmed, so his playing wasn't much of a deal.
i think he looks great. he's aged the best out of all of them in my opinion in that his older self still looks directly relatable to his younger self.

I'm wondering if Morrissey keeps Tobias around simply for his songwriting, which Moz has seeming relied on for some time now, despite the fact that (imho) Boz writes better songs?

I'm wondering if Morrissey keeps Tobias around simply for his songwriting, which Moz has seeming relied on for some time now, despite the fact that (imho) Boz writes better songs?
Songwriting? The Bullfighter Dies, People are the Same Everywhere, When You Open Your Legs, I Bury the Living and Kiss Me a Lot are among Morrissey's worst songs ever.

I think he hired him because he fancied him and didn't bother to check whether he could actually play. As the years have clocked up, what he lacks in musicality he more than compensates for in total obedience and arse-licking - that alone probably makes him indispensable. My own particular theory, though, is the main reason he keeps him on now is to spite everyone on Solo who bitches about him. In all seriousness, I can see that being a huge motivating factor.

It's either that, or as another poster suggested a few days ago, he's got a photo in a safe of Morrissey eating a burger.

I said it already but I'll say it again... the sound is completely off, even on the studio version. It's been given a bit of butchering.

Are you getting talking about Bernard Sumner rather than Bernard Butler? Considering he's 63 in January I thought Bernard Sumner looked great on Friday night at New Orders Alexandre Palace gig.

upload_2018-11-11_14-27-44.jpeg

If not for the title above, I wouldn't even have recognised that song for the first 10 seconds. He is an embarrassment.
Shambolic strangled strumming stripping the soul from such a superb song. A dropped guitar would make a better sound.

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom