Los Angeles Declares Morrissey Day on November 10th

Just heard this announced on KCRW. Found this reference...

Los Angeles Declares Morrissey Day on November 10th - BWW World
Music News Desk
Nov. 8, 2017

Excerpt:

The Los Angeles City Council declared Friday, November 10th "Morrissey Day" in Los Angeles, California. During today's council meeting, Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez introduced the resolution, which includes an official commemorative certificate presentation at the first of two sold-out Hollywood Bowl shows this Friday night. LA marks the fourth city on Morrissey's Fall US tour, which takes him and his band through Boston's Orpheum Theatre on December 7 as they perform new material from forthcoming album 'Low in High School' (out November 17 on Etienne Records/BMG) as well as fan favorites and covers. Full dates below.

The "Morrissey Day" declaration is yet another chapter in the Mancunian's long love affair with the City of Los Angeles. Earlier this year, an unknown party changed the Hollywood Bowl exit sign over the 101 Freeway to read "Morrissey." Morrissey plans to host a pop-up shop at 8250 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90048 to celebrate 'Low in High School' on November 17-19.

For the first time ever, The Hollywood Bowl will change its menus to all vegetarian when Morrissey performs at his two-sold out shows this weekend.

"Morrissey Day honors the man who put the 'M' in Moz Angeles, an icon whose music continues to touch and uplift countless people across the globe," said Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez. "Morrissey uses his voice to raise awareness for many social issues while 'in his own strange way,' always staying true to his fans."

"Los Angeles embraces individuality, compassion, and creativity, and Morrissey expresses those values in a way that moves Angelenos of all ages," said Mayor Eric Garcetti. "Morrissey Day celebrates an artist whose music has captivated and inspired generations of people who may not always fit in - because they were born to stand out."

Sarcasmos also posted the link:

Los Angeles declares Friday, November 10th as Morrissey Day - Consequence of Sound

UPDATE Nov. 11:
Morrissey receives "Morrissey Day" certificate in ceremony at Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017)

UPDATE Nov. 10:

Today Is “Morrissey Day” In Los Angeles - Stereogum
Excerpt:

Coucilwoman Monica Rodriguez introduced the measure earlier this week, which will include an official commemorative certificate presentation at tonight’s Hollywood Bowl show.

L.A. declares Friday 'Morrissey Day' timed to singer's Hollywood Bowl shows - Los Angeles Times
Friday, November 10 is Morrissey Day in Los Angeles until further notice - The A.V. Club

Link posted by Shyness 1s nice:

41236_morrisseyday_losangeles.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
He FINALLY found a group of marketing people that are smart and know people in high places. The marketing has been great thus far.

What a superb opportunity to introduce our fellow Morrissey fans abroad to the wonderful JR-M before his inevitable rise to high office in the impending Boris Johnson administration.

Warning: contains Piers Morgan.

Ketamine Sun you may appreciate this one ;)

Reckon me think what would make this night top mental is if Steve would finally pop the question to Nancy on stage in front of all the hometown fans. After she says yes, then go directly into First of the Gang, then Ganglord, then anything else with "gang" in it. Finally for the encore have Nancy come out on stage and Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy sing "Jacky's only happy" which was written for her. Reckon me is periscoping the gig at me home in Edganburrow praying he won't cancel my town and play here for the first time in 8 years.

What a superb opportunity to introduce our fellow Morrissey fans abroad to the wonderful JR-M before his inevitable rise to high office in the impending Boris Johnson administration.

Warning: contains Piers Morgan.

sorry, the 'Eton jibe' was lost on me.

- a fan abroad.

sorry, the 'Eton jibe' was lost on me.

- a fan abroad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eton_College

The Tory party (Conservative) has often been known to have PMs who have attended Eton. The last being Camermoron (David Cameron) and hopefully the next will be too, either Jacob Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson. They have mainly been unpopular because of being out of touch with the majority of the British public, but JRM is far from being out of touch with the British people, despite his very posh accent and his wealth. A funny term used a few years back was - Another Eton mess (actually a dessert)

jeez, they really want to hang this man just for trying to be... interesting, or having fun while on the job.

Yes, Jacob is so intelligent and an expert on literally everything he discusses. The bullshitters can't stand to enter into conversation with him because they get orally assassinated :D Did you notice this is the BBC? :p

:lbf:

Haven't the Los Angeles City Council gor better things to do with their time? Like sort out the homeless situation.

As for this thread descending into a love-fest for Jacob Rees-Mogg.... I find him quite amusing but let's gloss over the fact his views would have been regarded as ultra-Conservative by Victorian workhouse owners

Tags
morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom