Louder Than War / Sam Lambeth (2nd review via blog): IANADOAC review 6/10 (March 13, 2020)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this unprecedented? Having two reviews of the same album weeks apart from the same rag? Seems like the editor got some backlash and phoned in another foot soldier to rectify things.

Last edited:
Louder Than War: IANADOAC review - 9 out of 10

:rock: :thumb:

The likelihood is that most people won't listen to this record on its merits and there are many, arguably his strongest collection in years. His voice is at its peerless best on his most interesting and diverse songs, possibly ever. Regardless of what you think about him, unless you're steeped in "cancel" culture, give this LP a go.
It will surprise you”

James Auton - Louder Than War.

:thumb::cool:

Isn't this unprecedented? Having two reviews of the same album weeks apart from the same rag? Seems like the editor got some backlash and phoned in another foot soldier to rectify things.
Backlash from whom? Those who dwell up Melvis’ anus? You don’t seriously believe that a music publication pays attention to the sycophantic slugs on here, do you?

Backlash from whom? Those who dwell up Melvis’ anus? You don’t seriously believe that a music publication pays attention to the sycophantic slugs on here, do you?
The PC mob, the cancel culture, ex-smiths fans, the Uncle Skinneys, anyone and everyone that would object to Morrissey supporting For Britain, the people that indirectly fund any music rag. Record shops banning his music.... pay attention? 90% of the reviews thus far can't review the music without mentioning his politics.

Critic Sam Lambeth writes: "His last collection of original material, Low In High School, focused too much on corrosive guitars and sheets of searing feedback."

Which Low in High School is this? And if Lambeth shows he didn’t hear the last album, should we believe he heard this one?

Oh I'm done with all these reviews...just gimme the album & I'll make up my own mind thanks. :rolleyes:
Only 7 more days. (tick tock)

Absolutely, that. It’s another first for Morrissey.

Absolutely, that. It’s another first for Morrissey.

Doesn't really add any credibility to LTW though does it?
2 reviews,
2 different reviewers,
2 contrary views safely covering both ends of a scale.
Laughable.

2 reviews,
2 different reviewers,
Laughable.
Why do you assume that a given publication or website has to maintain consistency across reviews? Two people arrived at different conclusions - that's good isn't it?

Why do you assume that a given publication or website has to maintain consistency across reviews? Two people arrived at different conclusions - that's good isn't it?

Yes, this seems absolutely right to me. This website is free to publish as many reviews as it likes, all of which might be contradictory.

I just found it odd that 2 reviews would have been done by the same org for the same album.
Did the likes of NME, or others, do more than one?

2 reviews,
2 different reviewers,
Laughable.
It’s unusual. But it makes the reviewing process transparent: ‘go away, try again, keep going until you hear the recording in the way the editor wants’.

I just found it odd that 2 reviews would have been done by the same org for the same album.
Did the likes of NME, or others, do more than one?
I don't know but I recall last year that The Guardian reviewed the same film three times, so it does happen.

The PC mob, the cancel culture, ex-smiths fans, the Uncle Skinneys, anyone and everyone that would object to Morrissey supporting For Britain, the people that indirectly fund any music rag. Record shops banning his music.... pay attention? 90% of the reviews thus far can't review the music without mentioning his politics.
Have you heard the trite shit that’s been released? Not much to review, is there?

Yeah. It's weird (for an artist being shunned, it's usually when there's a lot of interest). But it's still not even that bad.

There must be something on the album that's throwing their perception into confusion or maybe they realise the political situation is so f***ed up that hating a gay social misfit is sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the different conclusion was equally positive it wouldn’t have been published. This is a motivated editorial decision not a passive embrace of multiplicity or diversity.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom