"Low In High School" 2 LP Deluxe Reissue released (Dec. 7, 2018)

Low In High School 2 LP Deluxe Reissue has been released (Dec. 7, 2018)

44727-7389e546252f493739b8dfdc949b0ae4.jpg

“Never Again Will I Be A Twin” is a pleasant surprise. The live recordings are very nice as well.

The other 2 new songs are so-so, nothing special.

An album for completists.

“Never Again Will I Be A Twin” is a pleasant surprise. The live recordings are very nice as well.

The other 2 new songs are so-so, nothing special.

An album for completists.

Agreed! Nice to have decent quality versions of the live tracks especially You'll Be Gone and Rose Garden.

rating these new songs very highly, lyrics in Lover-To-Be have a Years of Refusal feel to them

"This Song Doesn't End When It's Over" is pretty poor, but the other two are fun enough. "Lover To Be" and "Never Again Will I Be A Twin" would have been welcome on LIHS proper in place of [insert your two least favorite album tracks here.]

I liked Lover to be the best. Very cute song and I liked the psychedelic-ish sound. “Big Moz and the Holding Company” maybe? :)

Last edited:
Nice songs overall. Curious about the pressing quality, most probably it is the same as on the initial release: much too long for a single record.

The front picture is extreme interpolated and looks horrible. Sam Etsy shouldn't do anything with photoshop – typo is awful too. The gatefold image is as colorful as a wedding in india and the "art" print is a ... eem ... print.

"This Song Doesn't End When It's Over" is pretty poor, but the other two are fun enough. "Lover To Be" and "Never Again Will I Be A Twin" would have been welcome on LIHS proper in place of [insert your two least favorite album tracks here.]
Never again in the place of Israel and Lover to be in the palce of My love I'd do anything for you

I’d switch never again with who will protect us but that’s about it

After a couple of listens, I’d say the three new tracks should’ve been left in an old shoe-box at the bottom of the garden.

Personally, I wouldn’t use any of them to replace tracks on the original album; though I’d gladly remove Spent The Day In Bed & Who Will Protect us. Even at just 8 songs, the album would be instantly stronger without them, two of the very worst efforts Morrissey has ever produced, in my opinion.

I quite like Low In High School, but sadly, it’s just another hit & miss Morrissey album. Still, even that’s more original & interesting than most of the musical drivel churned out daily all over this spinning ball of mud we call home.

Tel Aviv & Lap...

Some of these lyrics may not be what we'd hope for, but the music and phrase delivery are quite good.
Some of this music breaks new ground for the band. (Possibly other people's ground.)

Lover To Be could've been on The Doors album, LA Woman. Almost.

I enjoy the new tracks... And I feel it's alright to do so.

Of course Blue Dreamers Eyes and By The Time... should have been here.

Saving them for 'SWORDS II: THE SEQUEL' perhaps.

I totally thought it sounded very Doors-ish & psychedelic especially the keyboards at the beginning.

I liked Lover to be the best. Very cute song and I liked the psychedelic-ish sound. “Big Moz and the Holding Company” maybe? :)

Tags
low in high school deluxe low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom