"Low In High School" enters at #5 in UK album charts

Well, it’s come in at #5. Rather disappointing. I have to believe that if Moz weren’t constantly saying inflammatory comments, it would’ve done better. His sexual assault comments have been everywhere, and if people dove into the interview to see the context, they’d also have encountered his Berlin “rape capital” stuff. Perhaps someone who knows more about by the charts, sales, and all that could find a better explanation or analysis than I.

Excerpt from officialcharts.com article:

Morrissey picks up his 13th Top 10 record with Low in High School at Number 5. Low in High School was also the best-selling on vinyl and cassette this week.

Posted by SCL:

Now, official numbers for Low inHigh School:

No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold
Nº1 UK Vinyl Albums Chart: vinyl 6,766

* World Peace. . . sold 18,762 during its 1st week

Last edited by a moderator:
I realise this is a very difficult day for you. You placed all your chips on LIHS being a success and now it's not. It's not going to help you ranting at me. Might I suggest a duvet day tomorrow? Spend the day in bed. Stop reading this thread as it only contrives to frighten you!!!

I was hoping the album would get into the top 5. It did! Which is great!

I'm not ranting at you btw. Just a touch of tongue in cheekiness! :)

Morrissey is as relevant today as he's ever been! He, unlike a lot of the other fake gits in the music world, actually has something to say. Even if you dislike LIHS, even you cannot deny that! But you will right?

Morrissey is as relevant today as he's ever been! He, unlike a lot of the other fake gits in the music world, actually has something to say. Even if you dislike LIHS, even you cannot deny that! But you will right?

"Those who rain abuse upon you they are jealous of you as well"

His interview with Der Spiegel was a monumental car-crash. He is widely regarded as a troll and 'problematic' outside of his core fan cult. Currently, he says nothing to me about my life. But his latest career car-crash is funny!

His interview with Der Spiegel was a monumental car-crash. He is widely regarded as a troll and 'problematic' outside of his core fan cult. Currently, he says nothing to me about my life. But his latest career car-crash is funny!

Career car crash? What career car crash? MANIAC!!!

IMG_2283.jpg

Hello Benny and Brummie from the great beyond! I have returned just for the moment to say hello and wish you well on your future endeavours here. My fighting days are over much like Moz's relevance in the current music scene. He seems dead set against staying relevant or encouraging new listeners to join the cult, and instead is spending his cache hand over fist to speak his mind without the benefit of good music to accompany it. He is on the verge of bankruptcy in this regard.

He stood on the precipice of a chance at an enormously successful second act to his marvelous solo career with YATQ and then.....ahhhhhhhh and splat! Such a shame really. All hope may not be lost, but the ship has sailed beyond sight. I will wait by the shore with a candle of hope that he will return to his senses, but I won't be holding my breath. All the best!
Ye all sound like the maniac from Red Dragon writing messages to Hannibal Lecter on toilet role.

Teach your kids...

Well he clearly does as you're on here every f***ing hour. What a sad f***ing bell end.

Wow, who would have thought comments about sex with children and hatred for refugees would have been the deal breaker with some Morrissey fans. That includes myself. :eek:

Both my parents were refugees from the second World War. Both of them were "damaged" people, but they did their best and had many organizations that went out of their way to help them at the time, mostly religious. They did OK with factory jobs and the like but, being a refugee is not easy. I would have never thought English people would have fallen for a lot of the fear-mongering rhetoric about immigrants or Muslims or whatever made them to vote to leave Brexit. I think they made a big mistake.

Let me just say that my father was from Ukraine and by mother from Poland and they never felt that they were a danger to anyone. Some countries just implode and people are left scattered and without a home. Morrissey was the last person I would have thought to create another little bit of hate in the world. I for one chose to live by the light of the world. I don't want to associate with anyone who promote hate for anyone and that includes what was once my favorite singer. I will still remember happy memories. I'm too old to be a "fan" for anyone anyway.

I wish Morrissey well and hopefully, he will come to realize that maybe it's better to live and let live and make yourself a better person to others; not just animals.

I am human and I need to be loved; just like everybody else does.

REGARDLESS OF CHART POSITIONS AND REVIEWS, LIHS IS A PRETTY AMAZING ALBUM, AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT FACT FOR THOSE THAT HEAR IT.

if lots of people bought multiple copies, are we talking about 15k or less buying the album?
I guess if that were true then that would be the case, but we'll never know and can you see that many people buying multiple copies in the day and age of purchasing music?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom