"Low In High School" enters at #5 in UK album charts

Well, it’s come in at #5. Rather disappointing. I have to believe that if Moz weren’t constantly saying inflammatory comments, it would’ve done better. His sexual assault comments have been everywhere, and if people dove into the interview to see the context, they’d also have encountered his Berlin “rape capital” stuff. Perhaps someone who knows more about by the charts, sales, and all that could find a better explanation or analysis than I.

Excerpt from officialcharts.com article:

Morrissey picks up his 13th Top 10 record with Low in High School at Number 5. Low in High School was also the best-selling on vinyl and cassette this week.

Posted by SCL:

Now, official numbers for Low inHigh School:

No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold
Nº1 UK Vinyl Albums Chart: vinyl 6,766

* World Peace. . . sold 18,762 during its 1st week

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it’s come in at #5. Rather disappointing. I have to believe that if Moz weren’t constantly saying inflammatory comments, it would’ve done better. His sexual assault comments have been everywhere, and if people dove into the interview to see the context, they’d also have encountered his Berlin “rape capital” stuff. Perhaps someone who knows more about by the charts, sales, and all that could find a better explanation or analysis than I.

Thought the chart was at 5:45??? Also #5 is f***ing great!!!

"Morrissey picks up his 13th Top 10 record with Low in High School at Number 5. Low in High School was also the best-selling on vinyl and cassette this week."

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-album-it-s-a-testament-to-hard-work-__21099/

Paloma Faith sold really well. Happy for her, although I’ve never listened.

World Peace came in at #2. I think it’s safe to say #5 is a disappointment. Hope this doesn’t sour relations with BMG. They’ve done really well, IMO.

But, Low sold much more than World Peace—almos 30k. The album will reach silver certification soon. So, In this scenario, #5 is great (11th top ten album).

It easily outsold World Peace, but Yes, BMG and Moz did - after a very solid start- slip up a bit in the final weeks of the campaign.
Still, compared to some of his contemporaries’ last albums (The Cure, New Order, REM) number 5 is not bad at all!

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-album-it-s-a-testament-to-hard-work-__21099/

Paloma Faith sold really well. Happy for her, although I’ve never listened.

World Peace came in at #2. I think it’s safe to say #5 is a disappointment. Hope this doesn’t sour relations with BMG. They’ve done really well, IMO.
World Peace sold less copies though, so context is important here.
For a 58 year old man that's getting bad reviews and negative press it's actually quite a triumph to get a top 5 album in 2017.

Not very good if you consider collectors had to buy 7 copies each to to complete.

It's the position that people focus on but sales are the key issue.
It has outsold World Peace by about 25% in the first week. It would have been number 1 on those sales for a lot of this past year (for several weeks, number one sold less than 20,000).
Quarry massively outsold Ringleader in week 1 but Ringleader got the #1 slot. Just depends in what's out that week. Pretty amazing to have outsold World Peace so comprehensively considering the worse reviews, and the media furore.
But number 5 will feel like a flop. Hopefully Morrissey will reflect on some of the stupid stuff he's been saying in recent times, and the muddled political lyrics that many of the reviewers picked up on.

Oh yes, I'm very happy with sales. I think it absolutely deserved to outsell World Peace. Low is a much better album. I just had hopes for #2, especially after Monday's chart update. But alas!

#5, almost 30k and 11th top ten album! Well done! Better that his contemporaries and better than Taylor Swift's second week (#8). Any information from US charts?

How many collectors bought 7 copies? I bought 2, vinyl and CD.
Well I was not going to bother at all, because of the appalling artwork, and I ended up with 4 copies, but make no mistake there are plenty who will have to have each colour vinyl.

@ Certain critics (you know who you are!) and Brummie! :)

26B4EE28-2F2E-4492-99C1-93BCC0366F28-3833-000004D11852482F.jpeg

But, Low sold much more than World Peace—almos 30k. The album will reach silver certification soon. So, In this scenario, #5 is great (11th top ten album).

If it sold "almost 30" that's a great result. I think it will be closer to 25k which is still an improvement. Anyone have a source for actual numbers?In this day and age if you sell more copies THAN your previous album while record sales continue to plummet year and year that is definitely positive. All this talk about fans buying seven copies is silly. I reckon it's a small number of fans who actually do that.

Now, official numbers for Low in High School:

No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold
Nº1 UK Vinyl Albums Chart: vynil 6,766

* World Peace. . . sold 18,762 during its 1st week

@BrummieBoy has just awoken from his afternoon nap to rate posts on this thread as "funny."

Come on Brumms, I expected more. Where's your dissertation? I'm dying to read another hilarious *smirk* 12 paragraph post on this topic. Tell us how a C lister shifted 30k units etc etc.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom