Low In High School (fan edit)

OK; this was done as a lark. Never loved the album. Loved bits of it. I think the b-sides are stronger than about a third of the record, so I've substituted some album tracks with some outtakes. Moved the sequencing around. Tweaked some songs' superfluous intros/sound effect samplings that annoy me.

Some album tracks were left off this version not because I don't like them, but, like in the case of Israel, they're just too lugubrious and heavy handed (it's a goddamn beautiful song, though.) I removed I Bury The Living only because political songs annoy me, especially when Morrissey sings them. Plus my sister's a Marine, so f*** Morrissey.

I removed In Your Lap and The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel because I think they suck.

I made this fan edit for me and I'm sharing it with you. If you don't like it, cool. Listen to the shitty official version.

I'm just trying to make Morrissey great again.

Low In High School fan edit

LIHS fan edit front cover.jpg

LIHS fan edit back cover.JPG

Last edited:
As a former Marine, that seen combat . The song you hate holds a lot of truth . Why is it the poor or working class kids are the ones dying for mostly unjustified causes due to big businesses or political ploys ? “ Master of War” by Bob Dylan must pain you as well ? Morrissey song carries a lot of truth . Dying for a false sense of Patriotism is bull shit! Until you seen death or the death of a buddy . You will never know the truth of thinking for yourself .

As a former Marine, that seen combat . The song you hate holds a lot of truth . Why is it the poor or working class kids are the ones dying for mostly unjustified causes due to big businesses or political ploys ? “ Master of War” by Bob Dylan must pain you as well ? Morrissey song carries a lot of truth . Dying for a false sense of Patriotism is bull shit! Until you seen death or the death of a buddy . You will never know the truth of thinking for yourself .

My main problem with the song is that it's hard for me to take seriously a song about the gritty realities of war and about how the rich manipulate young working class men into dying for oil when the song is sung by a 60 year old dandy who can't even carry his own luggage at the airport. He knows nothing about the front lines and he has no business singing from the point of view of someone who does.

He can sing about jilted self-conscious drama queens and about how he stays in bed all day while the plebian "enslaved workers" eek out a living by the sweat of their brow. That stuff's well within his wheelhouse. But I don't need to hear that old fop sing war songs, regardless of how good the song itself is.

I've never heard Master Of War by Bob Dylan. I have mixed feelings about Dylan. Everybody and his brother worships him so I'll concede I'm probably missing something. Same with the Grateful Dead. But I, personally, don't get it.

I'd say though that 60s and 70s protest songs are a little different because of the zeitgeist around Nam and because of the way the war catalyzed art and culture. So, while I don't see the appeal of Dylan, I accept that he was the most competent artistic mouthpiece for the anti-war populace. I see no relation between him and Morrissey where credibility is concerned inasmuch as singing war songs. And I see no parallel between the world 40 or 50 years ago and the world now. The culture is totally numb and dead now. Morrissey's not a mouthpiece for the anti-estsblishment. There IS no anti-establishment anymore. It's ALL establishment. It's like his stupid anti- police song. He can defend the blacks all he wants but he's so politically sloppy...he has no cohesive stance. Black Panther / Black Lives Matter rhetoric in one hand, and in the other it's endorsements amd flirtation with alt-right figureheads and ideologies.

Morrissey's not really that smart. It took me a long time to realize that.

He's just a washed up old bitch grasping at artistic relevance.

dloading now,i asked for someone to do this a while ago.i have high hopes for this.mr jackpots you may have just hit the jackpot.

My main problem with the song is that it's hard for me to take seriously a song about the gritty realities of war and about how the rich manipulate young working class men into dying for oil when the song is sung by a 60 year old dandy who can't even carry his own luggage at the airport. He knows nothing about the front lines and he has no business singing from the point of view of someone who does.

He can sing about jilted self-conscious drama queens and about how he stays in bed all day while the plebian "enslaved workers" eek out a living by the sweat of their brow. That stuff's well within his wheelhouse. But I don't need to hear that old fop sing war songs, regardless of how good the song itself is.

I've never heard Master Of War by Bob Dylan. I have mixed feelings about Dylan. Everybody and his brother worships him so I'll concede I'm probably missing something. Same with the Grateful Dead. But I, personally, don't get it.

I'd say though that 60s and 70s protest songs are a little different because of the zeitgeist around Nam and because of the way the war catalyzed art and culture. So, while I don't see the appeal of Dylan, I accept that he was the most competent artistic mouthpiece for the anti-war populace. I see no relation between him and Morrissey where credibility is concerned inasmuch as singing war songs. And I see no parallel between the world 40 or 50 years ago and the world now. The culture is totally numb and dead now. Morrissey's not a mouthpiece for the anti-estsblishment. There IS no anti-establishment anymore. It's ALL establishment. It's like his stupid anti- police song. He can defend the blacks all he wants but he's so politically sloppy...he has no cohesive stance. Black Panther / Black Lives Matter rhetoric in one hand, and in the other it's endorsements amd flirtation with alt-right figureheads and ideologies.

Morrissey's not really that smart. It took me a long time to realize that.

He's just a washed up old bitch grasping at artistic relevance.

"My sister is a marine" is like saying "I have a friend that is black so I'm not racist" as if you having a sister in the marines makes your opinion more valid than Morrissey. Funny how you criticize Morrissey and yet never fought a war yourself. Typical. What, you carried your own luggage? You sound more jealous than anything else. Morrissey is star, you are not. Morrissey is a genius, you are not. Always remember this.
In the end, he has you wrapped around his finger. Point in case: you spent a whole bunch of time and energy reworking his album to your liking and you want attention for it. I'm not criticizing you but now realizing you're sick (like us all). "...a washed up old bitch" that you seem to follow pretty closely. What does that say about you?

Are you even aware that you're a narcissist?

"My sister is a marine" is like saying "I have a friend that is black so I'm not racist" as if you having a sister in the marines makes your opinion more valid than Morrissey. Funny how you criticize Morrissey and yet never fought a war yourself. Typical. What, you carried your own luggage? You sound more jealous than anything else. Morrissey is star, you are not. Morrissey is a genius, you are not. Always remember this.
In the end, he has you wrapped around his finger. Point in case: you spent a whole bunch of time and energy reworking his album to your liking and you want attention for it. I'm not criticizing you but now realizing you're sick (like us all). "...a washed up old bitch" that you seem to follow pretty closely. What does that say about you?

I'll try not to spend too much energy responding, as it's clear you have the cognitive capabilities of a dead 5 year old.

But for shits and giggles:

"My sister is a marine" is like saying "I have a friend that is black so I'm not racist" as if you having a sister in the marines makes your opinion more valid than Morrissey.

It's not a question of whose opinion is more valid. I said "my sister is a Marine" because it illustrates one reason I don't see them as "canon fodder." I'm not pro-war, nor am I anti-war. Simply saying that I don't take Morrissey's anti-war stance seriously, because it's cheap and predictable.

Funny how you criticize Morrissey and yet never fought a war yourself. Typical. What, you carried your own luggage?

Nope; never fought in a war. I also don't let men f*** me in the ass. Neither prospect holds any appeal for me, and I feel safe making that assessment without the benefit of experience. But while I am secure in those opinions, I also wouldn't go out of my way to adopt a narrative view based on them because they are not aspects of my life. Morrissey, however, does have experience with the latter, so maybe he should stick to writing about that instead of pontificating on the former...something totally alien to him. He's become the "author" of his own Reader Meet Author scenario.

And yes, I carry my own luggage. I don't let some dude do it while I follow behind in sunglasses, like a pampered c***.

Point in case: you spent a whole bunch of time and energy reworking his album to your liking and you want attention for it. I'm not criticizing you but now realizing you're sick (like us all). "...a washed up old bitch" that you seem to follow pretty closely. What does that say about you

I understand that typing out a sentence is a chore for you on a par with oil-rigging, but gerrymandering a sub-par set of mp3s is not a big deal. Took maybe a half hour, if that.

Yes, I do follow his career fairly closely. I'm still a fan of his music, at least in theory. I think there is still a lot of potential there and this little project was a way of shining a brighter light on what I think latter-day Morrissey is capable of. But do I think he's become a cartoonish, entitled queen in his old age? Yes. I don't like him as a person...although I respect his willingness to bravely voice intelligent counter-arguments against #metoo and open border policy. The problem is that a lot of the intelligent views that he shares get lost in the proclivity of his I mentioned earlier to struggle with a definitive sociocultural viewpoint, or at least one that he can articulate cohesively. And I'm not saying I think he should be firmly on the left or firmly on the right and never waver. I'm just saying that there are a lot of inconsistencies in his rhetoric. He makes his band wear Black Panther shirts but he's clearly a bit of a racist...which is fine, but be consistent. He hates royalty and yet he conducts himself as though he is royalty...it's hard to take seriously. He sings of quitting your job, being unemployed, and "being good to yourself" in this sort of 14-yr old, halfwit anarchic stance and then spams the virtues of $700 Stella McCartney fake-leather shoes on his website...he constantly blathers on about how he lived with Mommy til he was like 24 and how she never made him work; well, no, I don't respect people like that. Certainly not when they have the gall to tell normal people - people who work for a living- how to live, how to eat, how to dress...the guy's full of shit. He's too out of touch to take seriously.

And for that reason, his political songs generally bore me. I'll listen to Jocko Willink talk about war. Not Morrissey.

I always knew you were an arrogant c*** 'Skylarker' but I hadn't realised quite how much of a provincial minded little f***ing square you are. There are so many examples of your general arrogance and c***ishness in this thread, but this little lot take the biscuit. Your death would be a huge cause for celebration.

my sister's a Marine, so f*** Morrissey.

He knows nothing about the front lines and he has no business singing from the point of view of someone who does.

Nope; never fought in a war. I also don't let men f*** me in the ass. blah blah blah Morrissey, however, does have experience with the latter

what I think latter-day Morrissey is capable of.

normal people - people who work for a living

The link is still working.
If you can't get MediaFire working - I'll use sendspace.
Let me know, but the link has worked and is working now.
Regards,
FWD.

I didn't know whether to mark this funny, insightful, or informative!

No thanks. I'll listen to the "shitty" version. It's just fine the way it is.

OK; this was done as a lark. Never loved the album. Loved bits of it. I think the b-sides are stronger than about a third of the record, so I've substituted some album tracks with some outtakes. Moved the sequencing around. Tweaked some songs' superfluous intros/sound effect samplings that annoy me.

Some album tracks were left off this version not because I don't like them, but, like in the case of Israel, they're just too lugubrious and heavy handed (it's a goddamn beautiful song, though.) I removed I Bury The Living only because political songs annoy me, especially when Morrissey sings them. Plus my sister's a Marine, so f*** Morrissey.

I removed In Your Lap and The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel because I think they suck.

I made this fan edit for me and I'm sharing it with you. If you don't like it, cool. Listen to the shitty official version.

I'm just trying to make Morrissey great again.

Low In High School fan edit

View attachment 49057

View attachment 49060

Back
Top Bottom