"Low In High School" pre-order and tracklisting at Mporium (9 bundles)

Just received an email from MPorium about the opening of pre-orders for Low In High School:

https://uk.mporium.org/
https://us.mporium.org/

Tracklisting is shown as:
  1. My Love, I’d Do Anything For You
  2. I Wish You Lonely
  3. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage
  4. Home Is A Question Mark
  5. Spent The Day In Bed
  6. I Bury The Living
  7. In Your Lap
  8. The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel
  9. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
  10. When You Open Your Legs
  11. Who Will Protect Us From The Police
  12. Israel
40746_6_800_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn. Lots of nice coloured vinyl, and I like the idea of the 7" box set - but that cover is so f***ing hideous I don't know if I want it in my house.

Sure, the message is, but its the title and (I imagine) the lyrics I'm talking about.

Well we can only guess at the lyrics but I think the title makes a pretty clear and correct statement. Who do you turn to when the police are the enemy. Here in the u.s it's a question that's been asked a lot recently. St. Louis is currently having there third or fourth day of protests over a police officer being acquitted of a homicide. Baltimores had to fire and charge a ring of officers for robbery and curruption as well as dismiss tons of cases in the past months after two videos of two different officers appears showing gruel planting drugs on people. People in places like Mexico have probably been asking this question for a long time now

Any word about pre-orders for folks in the US? If not, then MporiumUK ships to the US though, right?

Two tracks immediately stuck out at me: "The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel" & "Israel"

I really, really hope Moz isn't going to come out with some 'Free Palestine/Israeli genocide' rubbish - however, I'm optimistic they'll be pro-Israeli or at least politically neutral for a few reasons.

1. In his 30+ years in the spotlight, Morrissey has not once shown any support whatsoever for the 'Palestinian cause'
2. He tours Israel (ignores BDS), has worn the Israeli flag on stage, been interviewed by Israeli media and had Hebrews 'tattoos'
3. Tel-Aviv isn't Gaza or the West Bank - which would be more suitable for a protest song
4. He generally writes about places he loves rather than hates (Rome, Mexico, Istanbul etc)

Only a zionist would write that bullshit. you have the rest of the thinking/feeling world against you pal
He will wrie a pro Israel song. The clues are there, PETA (usa) , Pam Anderson both have zionist links. His key to Israel.
Lots of show biz people are pro Israel when their careers flag. Hollywood and the music business is jewish owned.
But morrissey has been vocal about the acts. He said ( like others have said) He is against the acts but not the country.

Which i agree with
Morrissey hates repressers, so of course he hates the zionist lot. He isnt keen on jewish folk either.
He isnt stupid though, he knows the Showbiz way.

Whole release is weird. I don’t see the cassette version up on the mobile website.

At least I’ll finally hear Home Is A Question Mark.

I hope Israel isn't a "I'm-clueless-about-world-politics-Free-Palestine-song."

But given his trackrecord I fear for the worst.

And I hope it isn’t some “Israel can do no wrong! Palestine who?” song.

First off, why you would hold it against him for championing aspects of the Palestinian cause is beyond me, but I think you're safe on these being a pro Israeli/Tel Aviv message considering Morrissey received the key to the city, and has said "God bless Israel."

However, a part of me wonders why he would emphasize Israel. Remember that Morrissey had been rumored to have made an anti-semetic slur towards his former drummer Spencer Cobrijn in a fax sent regarding the use of a song he wrote while in the band.

Maybe I'm being too cynical, but Morrissey appears to be aware of his critics, and seeks to blunt them through pandering to certain minority icons.

There's definitely more to this story.

Posted before i saw this. You are spot on.
Notice how he got the key and played Israel not long before the publishing deal - the instant classic deal
Not sure he had played it ever before then.
He plays the zionist lobby at their own game
He isnt a racist as such but he isnt keen on the jewish race, though lots of his heroes have been jewish - Lou Reed, Marc Bolan, Iggy
As i say, like Pam Anderson, the rest all fall back on zionism when their careers flag. There is nothing new in what morrissey is doing.
Remember morrissey had pretty much f***ed up over the last 7 years.
Its been year ZERO in moz camp.
Getting healthy,getting rid of leaks, regrouping.
Though morrissey hasnt " sold out ". Like the vocal zionist celebs as such.. He has never once agreed with the Israel govenment and has said he plays Israel for ths people not the govenment. lets not get
carried away.

It seems he has come to his senses and got a real team around him. That Gary Barlow nephew was realy embarrassing. Lots of us had never seen a family memeber use their famous relative in quite such low way. Shameful

jesus !... them titles look tasty ! :D

licking my lips ! CAN'T WAIT ! :thumb:

that said....

shit's gonna hit the fan !!! :lbf:

I wonder what vinyl those of us who pre-ordered Hollywood Bowl tickets will get? Bog standard black no doubt.... it's all bullshit....

I called it. "I love my bed" nice to hear it in the lyrics. So hyper for the full album... I can't wait!

"My Love, I'd do anything for you."

Yeah. About that, Morrissey. I'm going to need you to lay off the whole "my love, your love, the one I love, they love, love-ity love love etc etc" I think that well is dry.

11. Who Will Protect Us From The Police [?]

12. Where Are All The Videos You Said Existed From Your Rome Police Incident?

opinions on both sides, 1. videos censored by police dept? is this possible? (probably not) someone said it was illegal to upload harassment by Italian police?I'm not gonna get into conspiracy theories.
or 2. Know one knew who the cop was harassing, so didn't think worthwhile posting?
and 3. Yes, so what would M benefit from telling an outright lie if he knew that no one did video it? but instead he stated he witnessed people recording it? seems not too clever a statement to make, and I'm sure he too is wondering why no one has posted any.

As always on Solo.. until proof comes to light that we can agree upon as fact and all can see as a truth, has yet to emerge. Assumptions and speculation at best, is all we have.

:tiphat:

Is it meant to be a political statement that there are no shipping options to Canada?

Also, why is the Japanese version in YELLOW vinyl?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom