"Low In High School" pre-order and tracklisting at Mporium (9 bundles)

Just received an email from MPorium about the opening of pre-orders for Low In High School:

https://uk.mporium.org/
https://us.mporium.org/

Tracklisting is shown as:
  1. My Love, I’d Do Anything For You
  2. I Wish You Lonely
  3. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage
  4. Home Is A Question Mark
  5. Spent The Day In Bed
  6. I Bury The Living
  7. In Your Lap
  8. The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel
  9. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
  10. When You Open Your Legs
  11. Who Will Protect Us From The Police
  12. Israel
40746_6_800_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Blood hell. Crykey you people are delusional. The Israel references are there because Uncle Steve's big time Hollywood agent is Jewish and he doesn't want to be dropped from his agency. I heard down at the Marquis today that "Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage" was written about Aunt Nancy.

Do we have the writing credits for the album yet?
I checked Warner Chappell but no info in their database yet.

whos to say Israel is not this albums Istanbul,about the people suffering rather than the political statement.

L O L ! :rofl:

Who Will Protect Us From The Police ?

So basically there is a minority of bad police people in the world just as there is in all walks of life. There seems to be no bounds to how low Steve will go to sell his records. The song title above is very poor and not helpful at all to the worldwide police community and their families.

I wonder how people at the Ariana Grande concert Manchester Arena would feel if asked the above song title or perhaps the people caught up in the London Bridge attack in June ?

# Steven is a ##nt

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

oh wow. These song titles are bad , like really bad . As many have said almost like a parody of a Morrissey album . As a longtime fan I really hoped this new album would be some kind of return but based on the new single and these titles and that awful cover I really don't know . This hamfisted attempt at being political or whatever is really laughable . I actually really liked all the albums up to and including YOR but not World Peace . The sad truth is Morrissey has changed . Lyrically it's just over . The music is so unimaginative . The problem is that although contrary to what a lot of people say here , the band are actually technically good musicians but the main problem is they both write and play like session musicians , soulless and with no character . Sure when you saw them live back in the day with Alain , Spencer etc they could be a little rougher around the edges but there was soul and a realness to the music that came through in the writing and the playing which is sorely missing. Morrissey's voice is strong and in some ways better than it has ever been but there is no longer any empathy in his vocal delivery and certainly none in his lyrics . Aside from the genius and beauty of his previous writing it was his empathy in both the lyrics and vocal delivery. Now he sounds cold , detached and hollow although technically strong . His brilliance was so great at his peak that no matter how mediocre and pedestrian his work is fans and critics will still fool themselves that it is somehow genius just because it is Morrissey but how anyone can compare this new single and the World Peace album to his best work I will never get . God though ...these song titles . jesus wept . a sad day indeed

Marketing seems quite hot - surely a shot a number one?

L O L ! :rofl:

Who Will Protect Us From The Police ?

So basically there is a minority of bad police people in the world just as there is in all walks of life. There seems to be no bounds to how low Steve will go to sell his records. The song title above is very poor and not helpful at all to the worldwide police community and their families.

I wonder how people at the Ariana Grande concert Manchester Arena would feel if asked the above song title or perhaps the people caught up in the London Bridge attack in June ?

# Steven is a ##nt

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Using what's happened in Manchester to justify your drivel. What's Morrissey done to you?

For the album or the song. As someone else mentioned it's gonna be hard to beat Taylor swift in album sales. Songs currently at thirty six on iTunes U.K. And the youtube has 55,000 views. This release, song and album, does have a lot of write ups so far and the song got a lot of positive reviews pitchfork aside which I think is mostly down to the lyrics considering this is probably the closest he's sounded to pitchforks usual fare with the old keyboard sound

This by far has to be the worst cover in Moz/Smith's history. To me the Axe sign looks to have been made using Microsoft paint! Something a child could do.

As for the two tracks with Israeli names, it doesn't surprise me that he's pro Zionist Is real. Seems pretty likely that you have to play ball in order to be a major film or music star. Yes I'm saying they are both pro Israeli songs before hearing them and not the opposite. As for the new single, with some good sounding studio quality headphones, its really pretty good. But then again I'm a fan of analog synths and vintage rhodes keyboard sounds. What doesn't surprise me is how everyone on here bitched for the last several years about too many Distorted Chug Rock guitar songs. He finally ditches that sound and everyone automatically calls it out as sounding weak or akin to the nightmarishly sounding weak arrangements of Kill Uncle. I'm going to predict this album to be very Gustavo oriented. His Son is on the cover, and the first song may very well have been written by him as it mostly features keyboards upfront. Didn't Gustavo write one or two on World Peace? There could possibly be more collaborations between them? Its not the first time he's used other people besides Boz,Whyte and Tobias. Remember there were a few written with the old drummer Spencer, and of course the first two solo albums Pre rockabilly/chug band.

Just received an email from MPorium about the opening of pre-orders for Low In High School:

https://uk.mporium.org/

Tracklisting is shown as:
  1. My Love, I’d Do Anything For You
  2. I Wish You Lonely
  3. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage
  4. Home Is A Question Mark
  5. Spent The Day In Bed
  6. I Bury The Living
  7. In Your Lap
  8. The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel
  9. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
  10. When You Open Your Legs
  11. Who Will Protect Us From The Police
  12. Israel
40746_6_800_2048x2048.jpg

Oh Israel, you're making me sad
And the Palestinians aren't very glad
Oh Israel, why can't you see?
That you should sign a peace treaty

Would easily have got to #1 in the UK any of the last few weeks when all it needed was around 20,000 sales. He should manage between 30,000 and 50,000 first week sales depending on whether the single is A-listed and how good the album reviews are. But T Swift has a new album out the week before, and that will still be selling 100,000+ the following week, so no chance of getting close to that.

First 1000 get an art print.

Regards,
FWD.

Yes, it was one of several songs listed on a publishing site about 10 years ago. I think it was listed as an Alain Whyte song but I'm guessing this new one wouldn't be his composition.
Re: Home is a Question Mark.

Alain Whyte commented on a Facebook post:

20170920_041231.png

This was in response to the following lyrics being cited as from the album version of Home is a...

FB_IMG_1505877484340.jpg

Raw demo sounds interesting...
Regards,
FWD.

Uh, politics. He is completely confused. :confused:

A vegan, "humasexual" singer, who respects life ?
=> But, "I can smell burning flesh ... and I hope to God it's human."

Hmmm...

A human rights champion (who once said that "world peace is none of your business")?
=> James Baldwin t-shirt scandal, "sub-species" people, Bengali song, etc.

Hmmm...

Arguably a left-wing singer ?
=> (allegedly) has sympathy to UKIP, statement about Mr.Khan, etc.

Hmmm...

There's too much destruction all over the world and all i can do is complain about you. That's right. Please sir. Better listen to Mr.Corbyn, Mr.Tutu, Mr.Waters and BDS activists.

https://artistsforpalestine.org.uk/2017/04/23/an-open-letter-to-radiohead/

https://artistsforpalestine.org.uk/2017/07/17/mike-leigh-slams-radiohead-for-ignoring-palestinians/

If those tracks are pre-state things, ignoring Palestinian human rights, goodbye Moz. I'll never ever listen your songs again.

I loved you from the very start. But I can't go on with this. Deep inside, a "right-wing" singer who denies it and constantly acts like he's a leftist. Enough is enough.

As once you said, "free yourself, be yourself" come to the 'Palestine' and see yourself.

Love. Peace.

wholeheartedly agree with all of this. I have no faith in those songs being anything but pre-state given the fact he has donned himself in the flag and happily accepted the key to the city of Tel Aviv.

I'll be very clear here - should the people of Israel be punished because their government are a murderous pack of cretins? Absolutely not. I personally support the BDS campaign and completely understand Roger Waters and other musicians who refuse to play Israel. Having said that, I don't have a huge issue with Morrissey playing there. What I do have an issue with is him whitewashing the Israeli occupation and brutality by writing songs romanticizing a country he likely knows very little about. If he did want to know he might consider passing through to Gaza to see how the besieged Palestinian folk are doing on the other side.

But alas as you point out, Morrissey does not care about humans. That much is clear. His outrage is selective and it's obvious that he is not consistent in his values otherwise there would dozens of countries he would refuse to play, not just Canada. If those tracks are fawning to the zios then I will simply be walking away also. I'm sure he'll live mind...

First 1000 get an art print.

Regards,
FWD.

Even that shitty jpeg of the HMV 'art print' (neither art, nor a print) looks to be a more interesting alternate cover ~

36504793694_18c120250b_o.jpg

~ pigeons dive-bombing a scruffy kid in a trolley on a manky beach..."My Parents Are A Handful" ?

What's not to love?

Even that shitty jpeg of the HMV 'art print' (neither art, nor a print) looks to be a more interesting alternate cover ~

36504793694_18c120250b_o.jpg

~ pigeons dive-bombing a scruffy kid in a trolley on a manky beach..."My Parents Are A Handful" ?

What's not to love?

The placard message brings to mind the Gillian Wearing photograph series Signs that say what you want them to say and not Signs that say what someone else wants you to say from the early Nineties, the most iconic of which was this gent:

P78348_10.jpg

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom