"Low In High School" released (Nov. 17, 2017)

Low In High School is out now.
41311_low_in_high_school.jpg

Let's not forget that this specimen lied about having a copy of List Of The Lost, and continued lying, until when asked what was on a specific page, ran away. What a laughable scumbag.
What an awful crime.
Let's not forget you too have lied numerous times too.
;)

Again,you lie.
You have no evidence whatsoever of a drink problem.
Stick to the facts.

Wasn’t it Noel G. who said Morrissey visited him once in his dressing room and said he drank “a big glass of gin with a splash of tonic”?

Everybody knows His Mozjesty is a heavy drinker. Just look at him. Or listen to Low In High School.

Wasn’t it Noel G. who said Morrissey visited him once in his dressing room and said he drank “a big glass of gin with a splash of tonic”?

Everybody knows His Mozjesty is a heavy drinker. Just look at him. Or listen to Low In High School.
I didn't know he was a heavy drinker?

‘who Will Protect Us from the the Police’ is frankly the best song ever. It’s a cross between depeche mode, Roxy Music and 80s era Bowie. It’s the best song on the album and a massive triumph.

I didn't know he was a heavy drinker?

Just look up the interview with a would-be tour assistent manager or something who had to play drinking games with M. and his band and made a joke His Mozjesty didn’t like. He was fired before the tour even began.

Chug, chug, chug!!!

PEOPLE, remember BALD PONCE ANON??? its same making the bad reviews!!!
Crazy ANON who drink many bottle of wine and are DRUNK!

'They' seem happy:

Regards,
FWD.

I still go out. I’m in loving relationships with a couple of men. Polyamorous it’s called. I drink wodka, no ice. I’ve been a bit under the weather, but all better now.

I like a lot of music. From Stevie Nicks to Anohni, everything goes.

I enjoy long walks on the beach. With my dog.

I would say the first half of the album is somewhat on par with the bonus tracks found on the deluxe version of World Peace and maybe even some of the b-sides found on the Swords compilation. The rest not so good. I tend to think of this album as a Kill Uncle of the 21st century. Sure the production is more layered instrumentally speaking and more 2017, but the songs and arrangements just simply do not measure up to the type of material Smith or Solo that we are used to hearing. The passion seems to be not all there. Sure his voice sounds good, but its lacking that desperate despair in the lyrics and melodies that have been so synonymous with Morrissey.

Well I'm 2 days in living with this album on constant rotation and I absolutely love it. Sure it might not have the high watermark tracks like Come Back To Camden or Irish Blood (although Home Is A Question Mark and My Love come damn close) as a cohesive, flowing body of work it kicks the panties off of Quarry. I know that will be an unfashionable statement to make but each to their own. The last 2 albums I've enjoyed ,ore than any others since Vauxhall.

As an update I'm now really into Police and Bury The Living is also growing on me.

I don't quite get the criticism of the music, I think sonically it's been fairly experimental by Morrissey's standards and having recently listened to Johnny Marr's 2 solo albums back-to-back I think compares quite favourably.

For those who don't like it, well fair enough, my best suggestion is probably to spend less time frequenting this site lamenting the 'downfall' of Morrissey and to refocus those energies into finding music you DO like.

Well, folks, don't let the naysaying malcontents trick you, "Low In High School" is a terrific, albeit imperfect, album. It's eclectic, eccentric, adventurous, provocative and quite lovely at times. I think it's Moz's most "mature" album. One that is complex and richly rewarding with repeated listenings. I've played it thru six times- 4 with headphones and twice while driving. I'm very happy to have this album. I wasn't sure at first because it comes off a bit different than what I'm used to from him. Admittedly there's a few cringe-worthy moments lyrically but I appreciate his boldness to air opinions that do not fit the pc culture (more on that later. "I Bury The Living" is one of the bravest songs I've ever heard.)

WPINOYB was also adventurous production-wise but LIHS is very dense and full sounding on many tracks. This is complimented by quieter, meditative tracks.

On a scale of 10 I rated it an 8.5. The more you listen the more you are rewarded.

I will so a track by track synopsis later...buy this album NOW! Don't let all the noise and nonsense affect your discovery of this album.

It's interesting that I Bury the Living seems to be amongst the most disliked tracks.

To me, it reflects brilliantly on my own year in the military service and the Afgan veterans who trained us there. Wretched outcasts with no point of view. Peace-making heroes, answerable only to Jesus, bitterly doing the job they love. Mothers and families fooling themselves.

And of course the ending - that's some lovely yodeling!

Overall, [the B-side of] the album is a massive disappointment. I miss the energy of the first live recordings on YouTube. Glad I only ordered the cassette.

Last edited:
Happy to read that, Eric.
They are good artists too, enjoy your life while you still can.

I am quite happy. I tend to see the goodness in people. I may seem bitter, but I can remember going to a recordstore and buying Vauxhall. Imagine my disappointment when I heard Low In High School for the first time.

Ah, I certainly never expected you to like this album after all the bile you posted here the last decade or so ;)
Seems strange that you did.

For me it’s on par with World Peace, an album I also greatly enjoyed, despite it’s flaws.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom