Ludicrous Single-mindedness

Re: oh Cili........YOU YOU......yeah, we want you so much.

> I was just going to mention that I have missed Audrey around
> these pages. Where are you Cili?

> Abrahan

she's is simply too much. come back, wonder girl.

You're welcome.

> I love the part about the water flowing around an obstruction!
> Beautiful...

I thought so too. It's very eastern in its way; my friend who told it to me is Japanese. He's an extraordinarily calm person, and really seems to have what I could only refer to as inner peace. I know, that sounds corny but it's true. To be around him is to immediately gain perspective on things, life. He affects me like the sea affects me. Nothing fazes him, and if something upsets me but doesn't him, I feel very immature, which of course immediately forces me to feel embarassed, then better. One day I asked him over drinks how he manages to live life so well, and he told me what his mother had told him, to "be like water." It had an incredible affect on me. It's so simple to be peaceful and have perspective in your mind, but it's much more difficult in practice. I've always said that one can only be judged when one is at one's worst. Because that's when you're tested. If I'm friendly when I'm happy, but a bitch when I'm not, what does that make me? Whatever. I'm babbling.

> Where's Audrey... ?

Audrey's gone, gone like the wind...

-Cili

Oh, around...

> I was just going to mention that I have missed Audrey around
> these pages. Where are you Cili?

Well hello there Abe! Haven't seen you around here for a while. There will be no more pictures, but I'M still here! Isn't that good enough? [laughs] Wait, no...

Kisses,
Cili

anyone can play guitar...

Cili, I heard that this morning and thought of you...

Abrahan

> Well hello there Abe! Haven't seen you around here for a while.
> There will be no more pictures, but I'M still here! Isn't that
> good enough? [laughs] Wait, no...

> Kisses,
> Cili

MozRacer's HomePage
mozuk.jpg

Actually I have... Re: You never taught guitar lessons...

Actually I have taught guitar lessons... The saying "Anyone can plat guitar" is a Radiohead song... Click on my Guitar Chords Made Easy by Abrahan for a free lesson...

Power Chords Made Easy by Abrahan!
abejam.jpg

Re: You're welcome.

> I thought so too. It's very eastern in its way; my friend who
> told it to me is Japanese. He's an extraordinarily calm person,
> and really seems to have what I could only refer to as inner
> peace. I know, that sounds corny but it's true. To be around him
> is to immediately gain perspective on things, life. He affects
> me like the sea affects me. Nothing fazes him, and if something
> upsets me but doesn't him, I feel very immature, which of course
> immediately forces me to feel embarassed, then better. One day I
> asked him over drinks how he manages to live life so well, and
> he told me what his mother had told him, to "be like
> water." It had an incredible affect on me. It's so simple
> to be peaceful and have perspective in your mind, but it's much
> more difficult in practice. I've always said that one can only
> be judged when one is at one's worst. Because that's when you're
> tested. If I'm friendly when I'm happy, but a bitch when I'm
> not, what does that make me? Whatever. I'm babbling.

It seems that you are a little hard with yourself... am I wrong? How can we be friendly when we feel terribly exausted, felling a horrible "weight" in our backs? Being nice 24 hours a day, even with people who spit in your eyes?? Maybe I'm too emotional about it, or I'm not strong...I don't know. But I can become revolted so easy. A single word can touch me so deep. But, we always have another day to put everything in a different context, and realize that we were a little "bitch" or something.

> Audrey's gone, gone like the wind...

Why exactlly?

> It seems that you are a little hard with yourself... am I wrong?

I don't think I'm unusually hard on myself. I just try to be a good person, which can be a hard thing to do.

> How can we be friendly when we feel terribly exausted, felling a
> horrible "weight" in our backs? Being nice 24 hours a
> day, even with people who spit in your eyes?? Maybe I'm too
> emotional about it, or I'm not strong...I don't know.

To me, the most important thing is to be honest with yourself, which begins with calling things by their rightful names. If someone spits in your eye and you're burning with anger and a desire to spit back in theirs, don't call it justice. That's called revenge. And then, you can ask yourself if revenge is something that you consider right or wrong, virtuous or not. If you're honest with yourself, you'll see that most of the time, anger is totally irrational and senseless. It's just a strange and primal thing within us all, but it's worthless. It causes so many problems in our society when expressed or dealt with poorly because revenge just leads to revenge, which just leads to revenge, which just leads to revenge. I honestly believe that through honesty and intelligence, a person can short-circuit a lot of immediate anger that so often grows out of control in people. You think it controls you, but when you understand it, you begin controlling it.

I don't think it's about being too emotional, or weak, or whatever. I think it's always about not understanding the nature of your anger. For me personally, it's about trying to come as close as possible to who I'd like to be. Of course that ideal person is different for us all, but for me, that ideal person is kind and understanding although unwavering in her beliefs. I know who I'd like to be and I try every day to be more and more like her. I always fall short, but I think the growing process in life is that progress and growth towards meeting your own ideal. If this development within me is arrested, then I would consider my life as standing still, as being wasted to a large degree.

> But I can
> become revolted so easy. A single word can touch me so deep.

I think that's true for us all, especially those of us who have more sore spots in our memories. But I also think that, no matter what, we're responsible for the results of our actions regardless of what the causes of our actions were.

> But, we always have another day to put everything in a different
> context, and realize that we were a little "bitch" or
> something.

True, but I try not to have my realizations *after* I've done the damage.

> Why exactlly?

Why is Audrey gone? Because I've posted so many pictures of her on this board, I've just about run out. In a way, it was good that someone asked me to stop putting them up. I was going to stop anyway. It really is too bad though. My messages look so plain now.

Kisses,
Cili

Re: anyone can play guitar...

> Cili, I heard that this morning and thought of you...

Well you know that couldn't be a bad thing. The song's not bad either.

Kisses,
Cili

> I don't think I'm unusually hard on myself. I just try to be a
> good person, which can be a hard thing to do.

I think everyone of us try to be a good person, and of course this is hard. That's the point...

> To me, the most important thing is to be honest with yourself,
> which begins with calling things by their rightful names. If
> someone spits in your eye and you're burning with anger and a
> desire to spit back in theirs, don't call it justice.

This is not a matter of "justice". This is just "instinct". When you feel that someone wants to hurt you, you just need to react.

That's
> called revenge. And then, you can ask yourself if revenge is
> something that you consider right or wrong, virtuous or not.

WRONG!!!!!!!!... I would not stop a single moment to think about it.

If
> you're honest with yourself, you'll see that most of the time,
> anger is totally irrational and senseless.

Irrational??? YES... Senseless??? YES. But I want to believe that I'm not a machine, and I have a heart, and blood in my veins.

It's just a strange
> and primal thing within us all, but it's worthless. It causes so
> many problems in our society when expressed or dealt with poorly
> because revenge just leads to revenge, which just leads to
> revenge, which just leads to revenge. I honestly believe that
> through honesty and intelligence, a person can short-circuit a
> lot of immediate anger that so often grows out of control in
> people. You think it controls you, but when you understand it,
> you begin controlling it.

It depends of you experiences, your mental files, and lots of different things, but this is basiclly a "primal thing", I agree.

> I don't think it's about being too emotional, or weak, or
> whatever. I think it's always about not understanding the nature
> of your anger.

Sometimes the nature of your anger is in front of your eyes, and it is completlly obvious. I'm inclined to have intense feelings, and I often say what I feel. If I want to express my anger,,,or whatever,...I do it in front of that person, and then I forget. Or I come back and say"I'm sorry". Sometimes "I'm sorry"is not enough, but I'm not a saint, and I never met a saint in my life.

For me personally, it's about trying to come as
> close as possible to who I'd like to be. Of course that ideal
> person is different for us all, but for me, that ideal person is
> kind and understanding although unwavering in her beliefs. I
> know who I'd like to be and I try every day to be more and more
> like her. I always fall short, but I think the growing process
> in life is that progress and growth towards meeting your own
> ideal. If this development within me is arrested, then I would
> consider my life as standing still, as being wasted to a large
> degree.

We can follow different "models" in our life. As a painter, I guess I would like to be like Van Gogh, or Caravaggio ( did you see that movie directed by Derek J. ??)

> I think that's true for us all, especially those of us who have
> more sore spots in our memories. But I also think that, no
> matter what, we're responsible for the results of our actions
> regardless of what the causes of our actions were.

It reminds me the word "karma".

> True, but I try not to have my realizations *after* I've done
> the damage.

Hmmm, I think this is nice of your part, but almost impossible... at least for me. I remember those wonderful Shakespeare's characters, and their inner fights. He was a master to describe our feelings. We can be good, bad, unfeeling, and many other things. It depends of the moment... the day... the person... etc...

> Why is Audrey gone? Because I've posted so many pictures of her
> on this board, I've just about run out. In a way, it was good
> that someone asked me to stop putting them up. I was going to
> stop anyway. It really is too bad though. My messages look so
> plain now.

Who asked you to stop? ...Audrey is a symbol of dignity and beauty. And her work on unesco was so important, especially because she was a star, and I'm sure that she was able to make her fans, and the whole world "to think about being kind hearted". What's your favorite Audrey's movie??

> Kisses,
> Cili

Hey... hope you have a wonderful xmas, ok??? I'm gonna travel to a town by the sea, where I will join my family. That's the first xmas without my dogfriend. She was named Chai, and she died about, hmmm, 3 months, I guess. I miss her a lot.

Hugs

Last one before I'm off...

> This is not a matter of "justice". This is just
> "instinct". When you feel that someone wants to hurt
> you, you just need to react.

But if you think that human beings do the right things by making reactionary decisions, then I'd say that you're not taking into consideration words like "exaggeration," or "irrational," or even "psychology," or "confabulation." I think by just reacting, we as a society get ourselves into a lot of trouble and end up hurting others because sometimes you want to kill someone for insulting your mother.

> That's WRONG!!!!!!!!... I would not stop a single moment to think
> about it.
> Irrational??? YES... Senseless??? YES. But I want to believe
> that I'm not a machine, and I have a heart, and blood in my
> veins.

Actually Somnium, I understand but I disagree. Computers and machines can only function in terms of their design. What makes us so amazing is our ability to rise above our design because we are intelligent and truly do have free will (you know, that thing the religious always seem to talk about but never exercise). We humans are all programmed to feel emotional. So, really, if you are a slave to your emotions and your reactions, then you are being more like a machine than you're admitting to because you're just a slave to your programming. We're just a different type of machine than, say a car or a computer. At the end of the day, it's a matter of how one chooses to live one's life.

> It depends of you experiences, your mental files, and lots of
> different things, but this is basiclly a "primal
> thing", I agree.

If we agree that anger is a primal thing, then I maintain that to live by these primal instincts is to cast aside all the cultivation and education that we've had as a species over the entire history of ourselves.

> We can follow different "models" in our life. As a
> painter, I guess I would like to be like Van Gogh, or Caravaggio

I don't advocate following any individual model as a whole. I think we all have an ideal person in our minds that may be comprised of different pieces that you've taken from here and there. When I said that I think we should model ourselves after ideals, I meant ideas more than individuals.

Even in our art forms (you paint and I write), I think the art should be an expression of whatever you have inside you--that may have been influenced by different sources, but is unique and has its own intrinsic artistic value.

> ( did you see that movie directed by Derek J. ??)

I don't think I have. Derek Jarman?

> It reminds me the word "karma".

There are different versions of the same idea... karma, yin yang, universal equilibrium, homeostasis... I think we're on to something. The universe demands that things be in balance, or it's destroyed. Why should we believe that the state of man, on a physical or metaphysical level, is any different?

> Hmmm, I think this is nice of your part, but almost
> impossible... at least for me. I remember those wonderful
> Shakespeare's characters, and their inner fights. He was a
> master to describe our feelings. We can be good, bad, unfeeling,
> and many other things. It depends of the moment... the day...
> the person... etc...

I don't want to deny the spectrum of human feelings, just the too quick and easy externalizations of them. We all have the potential to be better than ourselves, so why not aspire to be that? Why not wish to be the best that we can be? I mean, if you told me that you wanted to fly, then that would be another story. But being a good person isn't impossible, it's just difficult. And what kind of excuse is that to say you won't try?

> What's your favorite Audrey's movie??

I always waver on this one. It's probably Charade, although I could never decide between it, Roman Holiday, or Sabrina.

> Hey... hope you have a wonderful xmas, ok??? I'm gonna travel to
> a town by the sea, where I will join my family. That's the first
> xmas without my dogfriend. She was named Chai, and she died
> about, hmmm, 3 months, I guess. I miss her a lot.

I'm sorry to hear that. I send you my best wishes. I'm off for a few days too. Bye (if you read this message).

-Cili

Re: Last one before...

When I said that I think we should model ourselves after
> ideals, I meant ideas more than individuals.

Being THAT good person demands a lot of work, but... in fact, I guess this is not impossible if you are really willing.

> Even in our art forms (you paint and I write), I think the art
> should be an expression of whatever you have inside you

REAL art is often an expression of your inner universe...

--that
> may have been influenced by different sources, but is unique and
> has its own intrinsic artistic value.

This is true, but despite of this "intrinsic artistic value", some people believe that art is already dead. Every word was said, and every color was painted. Morrissey, for exemple, reminds me lots of old models: Elvis, James Dean, Oscar Wilde, etc... We can not deny the beauty of his songs, but they are not really original.

> I don't think I have. Derek Jarman?

Exactlly. If you have the chance... take a look.

Do you write poems? I have read some delightful sonnets last week. Tell me more about it, please... YOUR work, i mean.

09.htm

Back
Top Bottom