M-Solo / Uncleskinny name checked in Dale Hibberts book ''Boy, Interrupted''

A

Anonymous

Just finished reading Dale Hibberts very good book, Boy, Interrupted.

Towards the end, Dale recounts how he posted a link to The Smiths very first demo of ''Suffer Little Children'' on this very website, and received an email from a certain ''Uncle Skinny'', with Skinny wanting to ensure the authenticity of the song / Dale.

''We exchanged two or three emails and he started asking if I had any other ephemerae or photographs and I realized these devotees were never happy and always wanted more.
I felt like the exercise had become counter productive because I had unwittingly generated more demand. I'd helped them climb the mountain and now they were at the top looking for the next peak.''

I really enjoyed the book, the early accounts of his 6 months in The Smiths was very interesting and he clearly wasn't in the band for just 5 minutes as often suggested. His role in the Manchester music scene prior to being in the band (and for a time afterwards) was impressive too. Well worth getting hold of.

Jukebox ''Come on City'' Jury :thumb:

Re: M-Solo / Uncle Skinny name checked in Dale Hibberts book ''Boy, Interrupted''

He must have thought I was a freak like all the others. Oh. Hang on...

He probably wanted to play you a bunch of rare tapes while you called people c***s on this website.

It's really laughable, a ha ha hahaha a hahahaha a hahahaha...

Poor old Skinny.

Just finished reading Dale Hibberts very good book, Boy, Interrupted.

Towards the end, Dale recounts how he posted a link to The Smiths very first demo of ''Suffer Little Children'' on this very website, and received an email from a certain ''Uncle Skinny'', with Skinny wanting to ensure the authenticity of the song / Dale.

''We exchanged two or three emails and he started asking if I had any other ephemerae or photographs and I realized these devotees were never happy and always wanted more.

I am sure Uncle Skidmark would have loved to get his hands on anything that would show all the scum he believes are beneath him on here (I only say this because of the way he treats members/OPs) that would have undermined any atom of Morrissey's career, apart from Morrissey's own bands concert T-shirt pics he likes to use to rain on an Album release...
I could imagine his anticipation of the possibility of getting something untoward from a genuine source about his favourite singer had his black heart THUMPING...Trying desperately to dig up dirt...

He is also convinced Morrissey's success, such as it is, is due to the negative archive thread coverage on here?.. Sorry?
Skinny's main legacy in life will be remembered on here always trying to find...something...any proof, to adorn the; "Morrissey-Smokescreen of Lies" book that he is contemplating writing about Morrissey for the 2 or 3 members that actually give a bollox.

He actually believes/adheres to the myth of an in disguise David Tseng getting an indirect death threat from Morrissey, so this is not "news" imo.
If Skidmark hasn't gotten a Death Threat (lol) from him, I doubt Tseng ever did either.

Back
Top Bottom